Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 10,084

Haruki_NLI

@kyleforrester87 @mookysam Hey I wasn't steady on my feet. It was only for a short trip to the ol' job center but hey, it was different for me.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

themcnoisy

@YummyHappyPills Great news. Next you will want a pair of the Puma Sonic the Hedgehog trainers.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Who wouldn't...?!

@YummyHappyPills Congratulations; steady or not, you made it. Nicely done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@YummyHappyPills Congrats, hope this is the start of things progressing for ya!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

stinkyx

@YummyHappyPills Congratulations! Not entirely sure of your situation, but...keep at it! Take it one day at a time, one step at a time...keep climbing that ladder, inch by inch until you get to the top (or at least where you want to be).

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder Retail games other than AAA wont be available physically much longer. We are running out of places to go.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Haruki_NLI

@JohnnyShoulder Weve touched on this before in this thread but in the UK if you want games that aren the annual sellers you go to GAME, Smyths or maybe Argos. Thats it.

If you want general exclusives, GAME, if you want Nintendo youre even less in luck.

This is the weird thing, the market is collapsing for delivering these games.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JohnnyShoulder

Did Gameseek have any stores then? I just thought they were online. Tbh i don't think i ever used em, i almost pre-ordered something but i cancelled as they took the money straight away.

I've not been into a store and bought a game for years now apart from trading at CEX. It's all digital and online retailers for me now.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

I love the feeling of going down to the shop and physically buying a game, but sadly as others have said, that's a rare occurrence these days - I nearly always buy online now, or trade in at CEX. I think Dirt 4 was the last game I bought new.
It's just almost always cheaper online. Better loyalty card schemes could tempt me back to the high street, with actual physical rewards related to the games you've been buying, such as keyrings, mugs, trinkets like that. That's the only way I can see me going back to shops like Game now

@YummyHappyPills Congratulations, that's quite a landmark!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Jaz007

Is it me or is there more auto dialogue that doesn’t involve a choice in Mass Effect 3 than 2?

Jaz007

Jaz007

Also, with the ME3 romances, can you switch around at the end like in ME2, or does that not work in this one?

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 It's a little more straightforward this time. You'll reach a stage in a romance whereby you "lock in" your choice. Up until that point, you can flirt with just about everybody and they'll respond but, at a certain point, even if you've simply been friendly enough with certain folk, romance-capable characters will ask to see you privately and specifically ask to go steady, or ask whether you feel the same way, or some variation. As soon as you say "I love you too" (or the equivalent) to somebody, all other dialogue will change; you either won't get the option to flirt, or you'll try and flirt and everybody will say "But what about your relationship with...?" and shoot you down.

There are a couple of romance options that aren't fully considered romances and won't unlock the associated trophy, but these are either dependent on you having romanced them in previous games, or are tucked away in some of the DLC and are very brief nods. Who did you romance in ME1 and ME2, if you don't mind me asking?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@RogerRoger Thanks for the response, it’s really helpful. I romanced Ashley in ME1, then Tali in ME2 (I romanced Miranda first though, and then switched to Tali.) I’ll probably keep Tali, but I heard you can romance Edi, and well, I just want to see what happens there without ya I g to have a entire olaytheough for it.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 Happy to help.

I'll pop this in spoiler tags in case you'd rather avoid confirmation of what choices are and, more importantly, are not possible, but I'm afraid you've been misinformed; Shepard cannot romance EDI.

Tali is good people, and she's got a great story arc. Miranda took some getting used to, but I really warmed to her by the end of the second game. I don't know too much about Ashley, mainly because of that brutal choice in the first game; I always let her die in favour of saving Kaiden.

Enjoy!

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@RogerRoger Good to know, and by the way, if you use spoiler tags but @ someone, they don’t show up in the E-mail so you just see whatever they wrote.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 They don't...?! Darn it, I'm so sorry! I really hope I didn't inadvertently spoil your experience.

Thanks for the heads-up; I'll be more careful in future.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic