Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,501 to 4,520 of 10,056

nessisonett

Well Evo imploded. Holy crap, that was a saga and a half. If this many people in positions of power are being outed as abusers, what the hell is the percentage? How many people have been getting away with this stuff unchecked for years?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Alas, I think you've just inadvertently answered your own question, as it's often being in a position of power which makes people increasingly predisposed to immoral or illegal acts; the old "well, they can't touch me, I'm too powerful around here" attitude which, unfortunately, would seem to be quite a major part of basic human instinct.

It's only once the recent increase in awareness and victim support has spread to all corners of society that we'll be able to get a complete picture.

In other words, expect headlines to get worse before they get better.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Anyone know anything about blue cheese? I made wraps with Caesar salad, buffalo chicken and blue cheese but it overpowered everything. I used Roquefort but perhaps I’d be better with a saltier cheese like Gorgonzola? Really was tempted to create a whole topic dedicated to cheese just to wind up Kyle 😂😂

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Smoked cheese is unbelievably good. Those wedges of Applewood cheddar mmmmmm

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 @nessisonett Cheese on anything makes it taste 100 times better. Chips, pasta, toast, spaghetti bol, scrambled eggs... i had blue cheese in a burger and it was amazing, but I had it on it's own and didn't like it. Cheddar, Wensleydale, Brie, Edam are usually by faves. But please, stay the F away from with that goats cheese. That stuff is evil.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I couldn’t find any feta a few weeks ago for putting in a pasta salad so I decided that goats cheese looked similar enough from the outside. I was wrong, very very wrong. That stuff is just a weird consistency.

andreoni79

@nessisonett Talking of Gorgonzola, there's quite a difference between Sweet and Spicy. The first one needs around 50 days of maturation and it's creamy and delicate, while the latter needs 80 days (while Roquefort at least 90), so it's compact and stronger.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

nessisonett

@andreoni79 I was only introduced to the wonderful world of blue cheese thanks to a Formaggio pizza I had in London. Gorgonzola goes really well with a crisp beer like Peroni, I’ve realised. Man, this cheese talk is fascinating, so much goes into it, I kinda want to try making my own at some point 😂😂

andreoni79

@nessisonett I'm gonna tell you a secret: Italians don't understand why English drinks Peroni as Scottish don't understand why Italians drink Tennent's Super.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

nessisonett

@andreoni79 Tennent’s Super! I can’t believe we export that stuff 😂😂

nessisonett

@mookysam Brilliant, I’ll have to find myself some of that. Also just realised that my mum is allergic to penicillin and I served her cheese-flavoured death on a plate. I mean, she’s not broken out in hives so I think it’ll be ok but wow, I have no idea how she can happily eat that stuff.

mookysam

It’s quite sweet and basically a milder version of Gorgonzola @nessisonett, so not too overpowering and would pair better with the other ingredients. I think the type of penicillium used in blue cheese is a different strain to the antibiotic and the whole mould rather than an extract. Apparently many people allergic to the drugs can eat the cheeses safely, but some are allergic to both.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

LieutenantFatman

As a rule, I always have to have at least one block of extra mature cheddar in my fridge. I only ever ran out once, that was a bad day.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

Well, now I feel nauseous.

It's not that I'm intolerant or anything (quite the opposite; couldn't live without milk) but the world's insistence about putting cheese on everything really gets my goat. I like it melted on a pizza or toast, and occasionally I'll grate some mature cheddar to make cheese and banana sandwiches, but that's about my limit. I certainly can't eat great chunks of it "neat" and would never, ever put it anywhere near chips, beans or any hot foodstuff other than bread.

Might have something to do with visiting a cheese factory in Holland during a school trip once. It took me two days to get the stench out of my hair.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I love how you’re feeling nauseous about our cheese talk but then mention cheese and banana sandwiches as if that isn’t a crime against humanity 😂😂

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I have never encountered a more divisive sandwich. Most people I tell about them react as you have, with utter contempt, but there are a select few who totally get it.

It's the Marmite of sandwich fillings (even moreso than, y'know... actual Marmite).

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic