Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,081 to 4,100 of 4,201

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 sorry Jaz I'm too unwell tonight. Will hopefully run this sickness off this evening.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jaz007

@themcnoisy No problem man. I hope you feel better soon. Health is more important here.

Jaz007

Arugula

Just looking through an upcoming release schedule and there's very little temptation moving forward toward the end of the year. Maybe it's a little gaming apathy creeping in, maybe there's just little catching my eye.

Arugula

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula I think Cyberpunk is one of the last confirmed releases of the year. Everyone is holding back until next gen hits.

In a totally unrelated topic, check out these drinks and food themed on Street Fighter. Cute.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/20/capcom-cafe-street-fighter-foo...

@get2sammyb not sure if you have reported on this, but could be a bit of cool random news?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@Arugula I hear you - outside of indies, I'm only really interested in TLOU2 and Cyberpunk this year and I think it is all about next gen now.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Arugula

@JohnnyShoulder @Rudy_Manchego Right. It's not like I'm devoid of interest in upcoming titles but nothing I'm eagerly awaiting dropping 60 notes on day one. Just an unusual situation for me.

Arugula

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula FFVII Remake, TLOU2, Ghosts, Cyberpunk are all on my radar. Only the first and the last one I'm defo getting day one, the other two I'm not entirely sure on. There are probably other games that I'm slightly interested in but nothing that I'm gonna drop 60 big ones on.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

nessisonett

Yeah FF7 and Cyberpunk are my only Day 1 AAA buys for the foreseeable future. Ghosts I’m not sure about yet and TLOU2 I’ll pick up in a sale in a few years or just wait until it goes to PS Now or +.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Arugula

@JohnnyShoulder @nessisonett

FFVII has too many unanswered questions moving forward. The original is probably my all time personal favourite so I have mixed feelings on the remake.

Before I dive in I'd like clarification on some things from Square though I'm not really sure they know.

How many games is it going to be?
What kind of plan do they have by releasing cross generation?
How long between installments?
Potential complete edition?

The game looks pretty astonishing but the masterplan seems a little half cocked honestly.

Arugula

Thrillho

@Arugula I think it’ll be interesting to see if there’s any sort of backlash about it not being the full game; I reckon there will be plenty of people who don’t know it’s coming in an unknown number of instalments.

Thrillho

Arugula

@Thrillho True. They need to be very clear about that in advertising. Unless they're playing it off as sequels. The whole thing is very muddy, even for those of us that are a big more plugged in than your regular civvie.

Arugula

LieutenantFatman

@Arugula
I can see why they're not saying anything about that side of things. They know any information that brings attention to it not being the full game is negative PR. I think it's something they'll address a few weeks after this one releases, so it minimises the damage to sales.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula I don't think we will find out much of all that until the first part is out at the very least. Mostly cos I reckon Squeenix don't know themselves yet. The 2nd part is currently in development as we speak, I don't think it will be that long as they have already done most of the donkey work for the first part, and it won't have a change in development team either.

Octane

Aaand... that's the third one gone.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

Get in Tyson Fury, well done my lad! 💪👊

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet moved here so as not to derail the other thread

no i can't, sometimes a page or image won't even load at all

now i know my laptop is on the way out, it's old and broken and is literally being held together by duct tape but i can't afford to replace it so i have to make do for now

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

WanderingBullet

Are these the ones? If so, you can copy and paste them on "Push Square Forum Megapoll: Best Video Game Box Art"

Blood Omen 2 UK version:
https://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/l/50452-the-legacy-of...

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty UK version:
https://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/l/33703-metal-gear-so...

Dragon Ball GT Final Bout U.S Version:
https://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/l/5865-dragon-ball-gt...

Which region of Super Metroid are you looking for?

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet I'm looking for the UK version of Metroid but yeah those are the ones for Blood Omen 2 and MGS2 but the DBGT Final Bout one i was looking for is the one with Super Saiyan 4 Goku on the cover

also thanks for the links

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet yeah that's it and don't worry about the GT one

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic