Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,061 to 4,080 of 10,076

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Thank you bringing to this to our attention. I won't be clicking the bell for that channel anytime soon.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

jdv95

jeez that biggot realy sounds like an a****.

and ofcourse he would jump at the TLOU2 hate wagon. yet another piece of evidence that there is actually nothing wrong with the narrative but instead there is with those biggots.

also funny that 1 guy on twitter who's also hating on the LGBT themes in TLOU says that it is bad enough that people don't take LGBT serious but at the same time ***** on the the game's LGBT themes. like how are you supposed to take it serious when you yourself don't even allow such themes to be represented in gaming media *****?

Edited on by antdickens

jdv95

andreoni79

@crimsontadpoles Even on the few italian sites I follow I noticed something similar related to the recent TLOU 2 leaks. The last querelle was about the chance of killing enemies' dogs: it seems it's a very bad thing if it happens in a huge exclusive game, while noboby noticed it in a niche multiplat (in Kingdom Come Deliverance you can kill them and get skin, meat and fat as items...)

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

themcnoisy

@andreoni79 some of the best Sci fi films I have watched, Alien, Aliens, Predator and Event Horizon. I don't think much in the way of the protagonists sexual identity is ever mentioned. It's unnecessary and maybe part of the reason why I love them all so much.

I remember watching films with my dad at home when I was younger. If a sex scene ever came on there was this weird look away moment, haha. Pretty embarrassing.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@crimsontadpoles we are in LockDown mate, I think it's the anxiety. Also the fact no one is moderating.

My language has become a lot looser for sure a few times. Will pull it back in as its unnecessary and you are right to call it out.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

andreoni79

@themcnoisy Same for me.
I don't want only man-eating aliens, exploding spaceships or time travels but some of them won't look out of place in a sci-fi novel 😂

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

LieutenantFatman

@crimsontadpoles
Definitely are more toxic comments at the moment.
I think a big contributor has been people wanting to put a boot in on Naughty Dog recently. But as mcnoisy says above, the situation with coronavirus is likely to have an impact as well. I've noticed people where I work are 'losing it' a lot more than usual.

LieutenantFatman

jdv95

crimsontadpoles wrote:

Is it just me, or is this site becoming more toxic? Lately I've been seeing lots more swearing, and people being angry in general.

Maybe people are on edge due to the coronavirus situation, or perhaps it's just because we're in the quiet period before the major next gen Sony announcements, I dunno.

i must admit that i let myself go more than usual.

nothing to do with corona,but just me losing some impulse control. negativity on the web just creates negativity in others i guess. i therefore apologize.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

nessisonett

@andreoni79 I thought the argument stemmed from the fact the toxic rage commentators were annoyed that the game makes you feel bad for killing dogs? Apparently the game makes the owners cry out for the dog if you kill it, which sure would make me feel bad as a dog lover. It’s different in Ass Creed when they’re like wolves trying to kill me but dogs are strangely off limits for me despite being relatively fine with games like GTA.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I thought the dogs are hunting to kill you in TLOU2? So if you choose to kill them it will be out of self defence. I don't like cruelty to animals especially when it is household pets, but in terms of playing a video game that would be ok in my book. My mate who I played The Division with used to shoot the dogs when they weren't attacking you and I had ask him to politely stop doing it.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

jdv95

@JohnnyShoulder yep. those dogs will be attack dogs.

they are added to make stealth more difficult since they can smell and have the hearing ability of a clicker.

perhaps you can avoid them in some way,but i'm sure that most combat situations will end up with ellie having to kill the dogs regardless,since you have to kill them to make stealth work or if the enemies detect her the dogs will to and go after you. but not every combat situation will have dogs. so keep that in mind aswell.

or perhaps there is a skill in the game that you can learn to get rid of the dogs non lethal. some sort of sleep arrow? altough on second though,that seems unlikely.

but anyway they are attack dogs intented to kill the player so it's not that it counts as mindless animal abuse or anything. the sad part is the owner crying over the dogs but they will do that over their other human friends aswell according to that demo from a few months back. it will be alright in the end.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder @jdv95 Yeah, in games like Skyrim or the old Resi games, the dogs are ok because they barely resemble dogs and just bite you to death. I think any sort of realistic dog death would bum me out even if they’re trying to kill me, I’m kinda scarred from my childhood dog’s death cause it was just me in the room. I guess they won’t be dogs that wag their tails and play fetch though, probably more of the ‘eats humans and growls at you’ variant.

jdv95

@nessisonett well the dogs will for sure look like dogs and most likely howl when killed but will also most likley have the agression of savage wolfs when they spot you,so i don't know if that's an ok counter for you?

may i ask if you would deduct points from the game if the dogs are realistic and painfull to kill for you?

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

nessisonett

@jdv95 Nah, it’s not something I’d personally hold against the game, I’m not going to blame it for my own hang ups! I’ve violated the Geneva Convention multiple times (and killed dogs) in the Modern Warfare games so at the end of the day, I might get over it even if I feel a bit wrong.

LieutenantFatman

It's interesting reading your comments on what puts you off playing what most would probably say is a must play game.

Personally when I read about the scene where you're forced to torture an innocent man in GTA5 at length, that completely put me off getting it, it's not for me.
I expect TLOU2 will have some pretty brutal scenes, it won't be for everyone.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman TBH there is not too much that would put me off playing a game. Anything with spiders I try to avoid, but I have played Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 which had a lot of them in. Mind you i did not know that before i started playing them. 🤔 I also dislike needles, and there was a scene in one of the Dead Space games which was mega uncomfortable to do.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Urgh, that reminds me of one of the cases in World of Horror, in which you have to puncture an eye with a needle because there’s parasitic eels in it. Now that’s a scene I would never like to see again, even in old-timey black and white Mac graphics.

LieutenantFatman

@JohnnyShoulder
I remember the bit you mean in DS2, I think the game really could have done without that part. Just a mean way to freak players out in a different way as I recall.

LieutenantFatman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic