Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,941 to 3,960 of 10,056

nessisonett

@Th3solution It’s the fact they ignore the clearly signposted ‘help’ section. That really gets me 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I'm just being lazy! You can also throw into the mix that PS support is more difficult to get hold of these days.

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

FullbringIchigo wrote:

Has anyone else noticed the almost daily new threads asking for help with some issue or another

Always by a person with no avatar and quite often a new account

I think they are all the same person who either genuinely has a badly broken PS4 or is just messing around

Although if it is and their PS4 is badly damaged then asking here wont help, we aint console developers or engineers and there is nothing wecan say that they can't find in a Google search or by asking Sony Support

Anyway it's getting pretty annoying, is it annoying anyone else?

Yep, so this. It is probably down to more people being in isolation and the playstation forums closing down. I mean most of the issues can be solved by doing a quick Google or contacting PS support. If I was in a similar position creating a new account on a forum and asking a question would probably be one of the last things I do.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Anti-Matter

Ah....
It's raining now in my place. 🙄
Such a gloomy...
Well, i think i will continue my FF XII TZA Switch.

Anti-Matter

JohnnyShoulder

Couldn't see this anywhere else on here, but Google Stadia is now free to everyone. All you need is a gmail account. I'm still not that interested in the service as i have enough to keep me going on the PS4, but it hought i would share it anyway.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Well that should be a fun experiment, I’ve had some really good experiences streaming on PS4 despite a few hiccups.

themcnoisy

So I have this book '1001 games you must play before you die'. I thought it was apt during lockdown. Anyhow I have had this in my possession for a while now, The last game they recommend was Bioshock Infinite 2013 so a good 7 years have passed since its publication.

A fantastic read with a quick synopsis of the game and maybe a screenshot. I have used this more as an irregular read over the last few years, however earlier today (after the egg hunt, bacon rolls and making sure my daughter was watching a movie) I decided to actually play through some of the listed early dated games I have missed, by trying to find the proper game on a developer website when possible.

Games I played today;

The Oregon Trail
Pong
Breakout
Eamon
Arkanoid
A.P..B (1987)
Tie Fighter

The Oregon Trail is brilliant fun, all the tenants of a life sim are here, you need food - to make major river crossing decisions - to repair your cart - keep everyone healthy (I actually had one of my team, young Geraldine died from a mix of dysentery and measles at one point which was a shock). I am glad I played it and although I had one eye on other games at the time, so failed to read up on the locales I passed, its a worthwhile game to play. The shooting is bit rubbish though.

Pong - I have played variations on pong throughout the years but never the original arcade code. Its not worth looking up, the physics are rubbish and its not fun.

Breakout - Again like Pong, I have played all manner of breakout clones but never the original arcade code. Its even worse than Pong if that's possible. The paddle is tiny, the way the ball bounces off you isn't varied enough (so hitting the last brick is way harder than it should be) and the bat is tiny!

Eamon - Now I need to recommend this to both @foxy-goddess-skotchy and @RogerRoger in somewhat of a cheat this is pseudo live service game which has constantly been updated from its original routes. Its a text RPG with a graphical overlay of your gear. The parser (interface) is uncomplicated and I was beating up gorillas and mimic chest monsters with my weak axe. One of the reasons its worth a look is they take submissions, so if you can write - you can make a game! (Just to mention I am unsure the last time it was updated but worth a look nonetheless)

Arkanoid - I played this on the Amstrad back in the 80s and loved it, however this was the original code. Such a great breakout clone. This variation has power ups which really alter the flow of the game, Your already meaty bat (compared to breakout) can have lazers, multi ball, the sticky power up lets the ball stick to you so you can reposition. Then there are nerf drops - making your bat small and enemies to bounce off. It keeps you entertained and was the best bat and ball game I played today.

A.P..B (1987) - Top down police sim, I have always wanted to play this game, however it failed to live upto my expectations. The introductory missions are nails, the controls tough and unforgiving. I will replay this one as the presentation is great and maybe If I wasn't rushed for time would have nailed at least one mission.

Tie Fighter - Any Star Wars fans, the introduction to this is phenomenal, the gameplay is probably fun. But man there are so many keyboard controls I couldn't even pass the tutorial mission. It was the last game I played (just before posting earlier tonight) so haven't give it a fair whack but but the control scheme is way overt the top!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy I played Oregon Trail last month on a whim and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. I actually managed to somehow make it to Oregon with all my little people alive which I reckon was complete luck. The shooting is truly terrible but it kinda adds to the charm. It’s definitely worth a play out of curiosity more than anything else.

themcnoisy

@nessisonett I was permanently hunting for food!

I got about halfway on the map before switching it off. So never made it to Oregon.

FullbringIchigo

i'm thinking of changing my user name maybe something like Ex-SOLDIER or something else FF related

what do you think, should i change it or keep it as is

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Thanks for the recommendation, buddy! Will keep it in mind to break up my samey backlog. I think you'll do okay when you get the hang of TIE Fighter but it was designed for a joystick, so see how you do. I played it with KB&M as a kid and it was... well, I played it!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo please don't change your name soldier.

@RogerRoger I was using keyboard and mouse too

Th3solution

I think it’s funny how the PlayStation Store tries to recommend games to you based on what you buy or play. I usually don’t pay any attention, but I was looking today and it suggests “Because you played Jedi: Fallen Order...”. Then it suggests Batman Arkham Collection, The Surge 2, Control... okay, those make sense.
Then it says “Because you played Dead Cells...” and it suggested Immortal Redneck, which looks like an awful FPS, and Rocksmith 2014 Edition... Huh?! 😂 I’m not sure how it came up with those suggestions. I had to scroll through a bunch of other low budget randoms like Mervils: A VR Adventure (I don’t even own a VR), and Hyper Jam (A “neon based arena brawler” apparently?) to finally get to Hollow Knight about the 15th one down the list, and as far as I would guess, the closest game genre and quality-wise to Dead Cells. Just kinda make me laugh to myself. I always ignore and don’t even read the recommendations there, so it was humorous to actual pay attention to them.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Anti-Matter

Ah...
My starter house on The Sims 3 PS3. 😁
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Th3solution I'm guessing because Dead Cells and Immortal Redneck both have "rougelike elements."

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Immortal Redneck has got quite good reviews actually. Maybe you should give it a go?

Th3solution

@Ralizah @JohnnyShoulder Sure enough. I was just basing things off the screenshots and the title, but Immortal Redneck appears to be nothing like what I thought it was. Perhaps the PlayStation store logic is better than I realized.
An unfortunate title still, but may be worth a look.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

mookysam

@Thrillho Try saying that ten times fast.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho It would be even more confusing if Outer Wilds hired an Outer Worlds writer now.

RogerRoger

@Thrillho ...and the full story is actually "The Outer Worlds writers hire The Outer Wilds writer to write The Outer Wealds, a new walking simulator set in the South-East of England."

If only.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic