Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 10,056

Black_Swordsman

@LieutenantFatman Thank you, I've just challenged you to a game, I have to warn you though, I'm only a novice really, I've played on and off throughout my life and would just be glad to have the opportunity to practice, Thanks, see you on the board!

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

kyleforrester87

So this is what it comes down to is it? We've discussed every game, and all we're left with is chess? Someone close down the forum, it's done. Finished.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

LieutenantFatman

@kyleforrester87
Someone really should do a review of chess first. I wonder what score it would get on Pushsquare.

@Thrillho
Thanks, might have to give that a try! Would love it if more work places had chess sets that could be used during lunch breaks.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 I've reported everyone of those as spam.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@LieutenantFatman No matter the conclusion drawn in a hypothetical PushSquare review of chess, I bet you anything it'd read like a seven.

Given some of the "news" we've seen lately... well, stranger things have happened.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger That would have been a great April Fools article to be sure.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LiamCroft

Chess is a definite 10/10.

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

LieutenantFatman

@LiamCroft
I always said you had the best taste in games.

@RogerRoger
I could see some sites kicking off a bit over things like difficulty, lack of narrative, no opportunities to romance any of the characters. Too many different endings?

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

jdv95

with the recent delays and many more following soon for sure it comes to my notice that FF7 could be the last MAJOR game to release this year.

i think that other huge games like cyberpunk and GOT will be delayed to next year aswell.

even if the pandemic slows down during the summer,companies perhaps would not like the risk yet.
and no i don't think that many if any of them will opt for digital only releases for their biggest games. it's not that simple as people think.

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

@jdv95 I think we all have to accept there is a very strong possibility of the next gen consoles will be delayed until next year too. Even if most countries have gotten over the worst of covid-19, economically most countries will most likely still be recovering when the consoles are due to launch. So could be unwise to release a console then.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

Talk about a busy release window — Just think, the summer Olympics, the NBA playoffs, the NFL season, every major motion picture set to release this year, every major video game set to release this year, and the PS5 — are all going to hit us all at once next year. From famine to feast.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I actually haven’t thought of it that way! That really does sound great plus I’m loving all this classic sport we’re getting instead. Maybe things won’t be so bad when it eventually blows over.

Jaz007

@nessisonett Sound great? Sounds like a nightmare. There isn't enough time in the day to play that many games all at once. The only thing I would be okay with is GoT having a fancy version to play on the PS5 with awesome ray tracing, better audio, and crazy good view draw distance.
I'm just hoping Sakura Wars doesn't get delayed as I may not get if it's shoved close enough to certain other releases. Part of the reason I'm getting it is because it's releasing at a good time.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@Jaz007 At least this way I’m having a good crack at my backlog this year. It will be interesting to see if this gives the devs time to work on PS5 patches for the big exclusives.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Yeah, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is the only thing in my backlog atm, it just didn't 'pop' for me the first time I played it, despite beating the Chimera and the first Dragon on my first try.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

LieutenantFatman

@nessisonett
Might depend on how many people are working from home. We've just seen TLOU2 delayed so I'd expect that for other games as well.

LieutenantFatman

Th3solution

Good grief, there are a lot of new topics asking for help, aren’t there? I think the COVID home isolation is bringing in a lot more traffic and everyone is wanting help with their consoles that don’t work, their DLC that won’t load, their games that crash, transferring game saves, etc. I used to look at all those topics just in case I might have a bit of wise advice to give, but I can’t keep up with all these.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic