Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,881 to 3,900 of 10,080

themcnoisy

@Anti-Matter welcome pal. I can't answer the question unfortunately. I'm sure someone will know.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Draco_V_Ecliptic My role model is Bart Simpson unfortunately in recent times I'm much more like Homer circa 1993.

Black_Swordsman

I have also been trying to learn Stravinsky's Rite Of Spring (Introduction) on guitar, I have learned the first part already, great piece of composition by the man himself.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Wow, you are quite the Renaissance individual. I’m impressed!
I took guitar lessons once and let’s just say... the instructor wept when I played. But not because it was beautiful, rather because it made his ears bleed from the trauma. I decided to stick to Guitar Hero.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Thrillho LOL! I don’t think I’m that good.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Thrillho @Th3solution @Draco_V_Ecliptic I am fantastic on the tambourine. We should start a band. The Push Squares. On a serious note I took the base of the Indian Jones theme and used it on my last track in Dreams, you would never know but the key parts are in the same key.

On a different note I accidentally purchased The Civ 6 DLC on the store thinking it was the full game. Downloaded it and it was at that point I realised.. Shoot I don't have the game.

@Jaz007 Sony have refunded me!!!! They also posted me an email back as thanks for ongoing support!!! Legendary. So yes I will be sticking by for PS5 they passed the test with flying colours.

I bought RoundGaurd as reviewed by @Quintumply recently and it is a brilliant variation on Peggle.

Hopefully I can support another indie depending on the April sale games.

Thrillho

@themcnoisy I mean, you should just buy the full game and DLC as Civ 6 is pretty great and a good way to lose a few hours of your life in the current climate.

Fingers crossed for you in the sale from tomorrow

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Haha, yeah I like to think so. I'm thinking about becoming a Game Designer, so the more education - the better. I have some video game scripts in the can and I'm learning about programming with the help of a 'for dummies' book on the subject.

I love the fact that it is the ultimate art form, an interactive work of art that your audience can enjoy.
Plus, I was into video games before I got into music and started playing in bands, now, as an adult, things to have come full circle, I'm playing games again and taking an active interest in creating them.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I decided to do the ‘smart’ thing and go for a general Software Engineering degree instead of one in Game Design. Way I see it, the industry’s so volatile that I’d rather have more than one career as a backup and most companies would actually prefer a rounder education of general programming and theory. I bloody hate C though, it’s annoying, Java is where it’s at.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

@Thrillho I rewarded myself £35 for games this month. Unfortunately with the furlough wage cap I'm a bit screwed for cash and need to take step back. Paying the £25 for dlc and £45 for the game will double my budget!

Hopefully all being well, no surprise bills (my virgin went from £54 to £87!!! Which I have had to change), and if we manage our money we'll, depending on the LockDown will add a full price game, most likely the ff7 remake.

jdv95

for those interested the FF7 remake tropy list has been revealed.

54 trophies in total.

jdv95

LieutenantFatman

@jdv95
Probably a whole lot of spoilers in the trophy descriptions, best avoided I reckon.

LieutenantFatman

jdv95

@LieutenantFatman yeah i think so aswell.

all i saw was some mini game and combat related trophies.

i did not look at the story releated ones.

jdv95

Th3solution

But wait... how different is the story? Isn’t having played the original FF7 a spoiler? 😜

FullbringIchigo

Has anyone else noticed the almost daily new threads asking for help with some issue or another

Always by a person with no avatar and quite often a new account

I think they are all the same person who either genuinely has a badly broken PS4 or is just messing around

Although if it is and their PS4 is badly damaged then asking here wont help, we aint console developers or engineers and there is nothing wecan say that they can't find in a Google search or by asking Sony Support

Anyway it's getting pretty annoying, is it annoying anyone else?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution same basic plot but hugly expanded with new areas, new story segments and new characters

It is for want of better words a completely new game retelling an old story

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo wrote:

Has anyone else noticed the almost daily new threads asking for help with some issue or another

Always by a person with no avatar and quite often a new account

I think they are all the same person who either genuinely has a badly broken PS4 or is just messing around

Although if it is and their PS4 is badly damaged then asking here wont help, we aint console developers or engineers and there is nothing wecan say that they can't find in a Google search or by asking Sony Support

Anyway it's getting pretty annoying, is it annoying anyone else?

@FullbringIchigo Yep, so this. It is probably down to more people being in isolation and the playstation forums closing down. I mean most of the issues can be solved by doing a quick Google or contacting PS support. If I was in a similar position creating a new account on a forum and asking a question would probably be one of the last things I do.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic