Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 3,956

MightyDemon82

Thanks everyone who suggested places to get gaming related clothes, got myself some new t-shirts. Bloodborne, HZD and Nier Automata and those are just for starters!

MightyDemon82

Arugula

Anyone watch the Ruiz v Joshua fight? The fight was decent enough, right result but the post fight interview was awful. I've never seen Joshua talk much before but wow, he could do with a little microphone tutelage. I'm no wordsmith but I'm watching him talk and it's like a script that's gone through 5 languages. Very shaky stuff. Anyway, hope we get a AR v AJ part 3!

Arugula

Th3solution

@Arugula I didn’t see the fight nor the interview, but I do know what you mean about the post-event interviews. It’s quite amazing how poorly spoken most professional athletes are — especially those that receive repetitive TBI for a living. The combination of brain injury, speaking in a language that is not their native tongue, commonly a lack of education due to their profession not requiring it, and the standard public speaking jitters all makes for a cringe-inducing word salad, if not a comical one.

You can usually tell the ones that have been coached by their PR people though. I saw a post game interview a few weeks ago for one of the NBA’s rising stars and clearly he was told what to say because he answered with a rote and probably pre-memorized statement in each of the three questions that basically said nothing of consequence, nor did the answers actually even address the question which was posed.
...Come to think of it, this is exactly what our politicians do and they speak publicly for a living. 😂

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Arugula

@Th3solution I have a huge interest in sports (it's probably my greatest interest) and I love seeing the changes a professional athlete goes through from being a star struck rookie to a seasoned veteran of their chosen sport. Especially ones where multiple nationalities clash.

Arugula

Th3solution

@Arugula Yeah, it’s an interesting social experiment. The public has put these athletes in a no-win situation with the interviews. Every word they say is put into a 3 inch headline and so if they slip up and say something stupid then it immediately becomes an issue. We ask them pressing and controversial questions right after an event when they are physically and mentally drained and full of adrenaline. It makes it all the more impressive when they are able to form a cohesive and intelligent thought and verbalize it.
And then you have Marshawn Lynch... 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Not sure if there will be third fight as AJ tweeted out to the public who they want him to fight next, which he has done before. The only reason this rematch happened was because it was in the contract of the first fight. I imagine there will a big push to get Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder, but I think they fight each other next so maybe the winner of that to unify the belts. But it is not clear if AJ has any mandatories to fight.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Arugula

@JohnnyShoulder Either way it's pretty cool to have some action and really decent contenders in the heavyweight division.

Arugula

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Yeah it's certainly better than a few years ago when Klitschko dominated. That was well boring.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KratosMD

2020:

Kingdom Hearts 3: ReMind
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Dreams
Persona 5 Scramble
Final Fantasy VII Remake
NiOh 2
Animal Crossing New Horizons
DOOM Eternal
Persona 5 Royal
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Cyberpunk 2077
Trials of Mana
The Last of Us: Part II
Tales of Arise
Watch Dogs: Legion
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

I think I'm going insane.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

DerMeister

@KratosMD And how many of those are in the first four months? Jeez we're already loaded.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

KratosMD

@DerMeister Man I'm telling you, if I'm going to be able to go through all the games that come out in the first four months, I'd have to skip uni the entire semester. It's ridiculous.

Not to mention Ghost of Tsushima, Babylon's Fall, Granblue Fantasy: Relink and possibly more games to be announced during VGA on Thursday. 2017 has already lost to 2020.

KratosMD

Gremio108

@KratosMD The ones I'm eyeing up aren't short experiences either. Cyberpunk and Nioh 2 are big ones for me and they're going to take me a couple of months each at least, probably more.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Dude, you missed out LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. At least make me feel like I'm welcome here by including something I'll actually play!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KratosMD

@Gremio108 Yeah it's the same with the games I'm interested in like Persona 5 Royal which is going to take at least 100 hours to complete, lol.

@RogerRoger My apologies mate, how could I forget the game that's going to crush the likes of Cyberpunk and The Last of Us into dust.

KratosMD

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Did you ever finish the first Nioh? Somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to remember you had borrowed it from a friend and never finished it. Not sure why I remember that. It sounds creepy but I promise it’s just my weird memory. I’m not a stalker ... 😒 probably.
Edit: Never mind, I see in the other thread that you did finish it. I guess I missed that. You must have liked it.
Now I see that I did forget you haven’t played Horizon Zero Dawn, which is an unforgivable sin.

@KratosMD Part of the reason I haven’t bought a Switch is because I can’t keep up with all the good games on just one console, much less two.

@RogerRoger “Cyberwhat and the Last of Who” sounds like the title of a children’s book. 😂 Or a really bad animated movie from the 80’s.

Edited on by Th3solution

WanderingBullet

Games that I'm looking forward to for next year:

Most likely to get:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Ghost of Tsushima
Granblue Fantasy: ReLink
Tales of Arise
The Last of Us: Part II
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Maybes:
Digimon: Survive
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
Marvel's Avengers
Persona 5 Royal
Persona 5 Scramble
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Trials of Mana
Yakuza: Like a Dragon

So many games..... O_0 I'll probably only end up getting 5-7 games.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

KratosMD

@Th3solution Yeah I'm starting to regret buying a Switch actually. I have so many games on there – Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler, Fire Emblem: Three Houses just to name a few – that I haven't even started yet and I don't think I'll be playing through them anytime soon. Not to mention my recent influx of over 20 PS4 games that I purchased during Black Friday. Granted I've been playing certain games like Pokémon and Mario Kart on Switch, but that's mostly it. My focus this year has either been on older consoles (for example Mass Effect 2 and 3 on Xbox 360, or Final Fantasy VI on PS1) or on PS4. There's just not been enough time to spread my focus more than that.

I honestly think that after I've inevitably bought all these aforementioned 2020 titles that I won't be getting the next Xbox at all and I'm going to restrain myself from buying PS5 for at least 2-3 years into its life cycle. It's simply not feasible for me to buy ANOTHER system right now or even in the near future, my backlog has grown out of control and I need to remedy it.

That's why I'm hoping PS5 won't have any "killer apps" throughout the first couple of years since I don't want to get tempted into buying it. I remember PS4 only receiving fairly decent exclusives from 2013-2016. Knack and Killzone were meh, inFAMOUS: Second Son and First Light were great, Bloodborne is phenomenal (but not really my cup of tea), Uncharted 4 didn't do it for me either, The Last Guardian was pretty good and Ratchet & Clank was great. Looking back, I probably didn't need to buy a PS4 for any of those games. I could've easily waited until 2017 when the likes of Horizon Zero Dawn, NieR: Automata and Persona 5 came out and that would've been worth it. So hopefully I'll manage to get through the first couple of years of PS5 without feeling the need to buy it.

KratosMD

Gremio108

@Th3solution Yep, I finished Nioh in the spring, after a false start last year. You're right I did indeed borrow it off a friend. A very patient friend, since it took me so long. I'm surprised you didn't see the credits rolling while you were looking through my window with those binoculars.........

Whenever I tell someone I haven't played Horizon Zero Dawn yet, they react in the same way, which tells me I should probably get on with it and that it's rather good. Anyway, I've put it on my Christmas list, so hopefully I can soon atone for my sins.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic