Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 10,090

DonJorginho

God Jedi Fallen Order is too good, played 1.5-2 hours last night and it is potentially one of my favourite games this year so far, I am playing on Jedi Master and it is the perfect balance between enough ease to make me feel relatively powerful yet gives me more than enough of a challenge.

My only gripe has been some minor nitpicks with the animations, as the typical evade animation has way more frames than say your typical evade from a Soulsbourne game which makes it hit and miss at times which can make it frustrating and the way Cal moves in general can be a pain sometimes but overall this game has been a very polite surprise and I am thoroughly enjoying it so far, would recommend it to anyone interested.

DonJorginho

HallowMoonshadow

My last day of work for the calendar year tomorrow. You know that means... Not only is it non uniform day... But Toy Day too 😁

It's going to be a bit of an anxious day tomorrow as I just know some kids, or more so their parents, aren't gonna have any sense about it and let some of them bring in some really ridiculously expensive things that I just know will get broke or damaged...

... C'est la vie

I'll put a film or two on as well.

Had enough of Frozen though. Past four years it's been played on this last day before christmas for the tykes and I'll tear my hair out of I have to hear "let it go" again.

I'm bringing Paddington and Toy story or something and they can like it or lump it 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

mookysam

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy When I was at junior school it always used to be Santa Claus: The Movie (the one where Dudley Moore is an elf) and one year they put Annie on. I'd taken Frozen any day of the week. 😂

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I dare ya to put Bad Santa on for them! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

mookysam wrote:

*Santa Claus: The Movie (the one where Dudley Moore is an elf)

Seriously?! That's such a bad film 😅 You poor soul @mookysam!

Pfffft noooo... I'll take Die Hard instead @JohnnyShoulder!

They've been pretty good so I might be nice and take in a selection for them to choose from... Age appropiate obviously.

... Though I was eight when my dad showed me The Terminator...

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Rudy_Manchego

Anyways, thanks to birthday gifties, I have added to my Switch library and never ending backlog with Dead Cells and Children of Morta (physical) and I picked up Blasphemous in the sale. I also caved and double dipped on Hyper Light Drifter despite owning it on PS4. If I get any more vouchers at Chrimbo I might go for Far Lone Sails.

Also got Ghost Giant on PSVR which I am looking forward to.

Edited on by Rudy_Manchego

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

DonJorginho

What do you guys think about the January Sale? You gonna pick up anything?

I think I will pick up Skyrim, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Doom and Spiderman PS4 from those on sale as I want a digital copy.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Hope you enjoy Dead Cells, i really did! I've yet to do a second run, i know the latest update made things a bit fairer for multiple playthroughs.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder I struggle with Rogue likey type of games because my tiny brain can't comprehend that I could spend time and not really get anywhere (because I get better at games very very slowly). However, I have wanted this game for ages and I love the look and the combat looks so satisfying.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Thrillho

@Rudy_Manchego It's a fun game but the difficulty spike is highest at the beginning when you have least health and fewest abilities (and can't get to the first place to use your cells).

Later on you can whizz through the early stages but I'd use the first runs to go slowly, get used to the controls, and try and get as much gold and cells as possible in the first areas to get some early upgrades. I wouldn't recommend buying every weapon possible though as the game only drops weapons and equipment you've unlocked and some of it is trash.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho @Rudy_Manchego I still need to get on with Dead Cells too. I’m not a Roguelike or Metroidvania fan either, but this one seems to be unique and less conventionally identifiable as either of those. I don’t know, my luck with 2D style gaming is rough too, so we’ll see. I didn’t get along with Sonic Mania earlier this year. To say it frustrated and annoyed me would be putting it lightly. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@KratosMD @JohnnyShoulder
(I brought this comment over from the Death Stranding thread since it veers off subject slightly.)

Agreed on the strange approach to marketing by Sony lately, but I will say that here in the States there was quite a bit of Death Stranding promotion. I saw several commercials air on TV in the week or so leading to the release and I watch almost no TV. I only watch sports on network TV - NFL, NCAA, NBA, MLB... clearly the 18-30 year old male whose watching professional and college sports is the prime target audience for the game. I recall seeing plenty of ads for DS and Jedi: Fallen Order during the World Series (as well as Call of Duty and Gears of War) — just about every other or every third commercial break had one of the Video games in it.

That said, I’ve never seen any mass marketing anywhere for Concrete Genie or Medievil. Nothing. (Also as a side note on non-Sony published games - Nothing for Outer Worlds and Nothing for Control. The former still selling better than expected, the latter being a commercial disappointment). ...I guess there are certain games that they feel aren’t worth investing in the marketing. The thing is, running promotional videos on their YouTube Channel or highlighting these smaller games on the PlayStation storefront doesn’t cost any money, but Sony won’t even do that. And yeah, to Johnny’s point, the drowning out of these smaller games with big PS5 announcements seems a little cannibalistic.

And watch — Dreams will get the same treatment as CG and Medievil most likely. People won’t see ads or promotion unless they’re a hardcore like us. Then it will sell poorly as a result. And Media Molecule will possibly suffer layoffs, or worse yet — complete closure, a la Evolution Studios. Hopefully not though.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON A bit more info on the new Dark Alliance game. 4 player couch co-op! Again not much to go on, but they have managed to do some digging. And it makes me feel really old looking at the two ps2 games!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder
Oh that's pretty good news! Thanks for the heads up.

So long as it's in keeping with the PS2 games, very probably a day 1 purchase for me.

I am very much getting my top-down hack and slash fix from Inquisitor Martyr at the moment!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON I'm waiting until we see some gameplay and if you can play it solo or if it is a more co-op focused affair.

HallowMoonshadow

Merry christmas to you @kyleforrester87 and Merry Christmas to everyone else too!

It's my first Christmas here at Push Square and hopefully it won't be my last! Hope everyone has a lovely day ahead of them! 😁

Ralizah

Bah! Half an hour spent hunting around the house and a rather sizable yard at midnight in a panic for our sick, elderly dog (she has dementia and is half-blind, so it wouldn't be the first time she's gone outside and gotten lost), only to discover she was fast asleep under the christmas tree the entire time.

Well, it turned out well, so Merry Christmas.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

Anyone get anything game related? I got a £40 voucher for Game off the other half which was nice, I dunno what to get though. I guess there’s no rush spending it!

Gunna get that Downhill Mountain biking game Sammy was on about in a mo I think.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic