Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,461 to 3,480 of 10,077

mookysam

@Jaz007 That sucks; I always dislike these kinds of "mergers". Gamerankings was always my go-to site in the day and they had so many old games because it was obviously pre-Metacritic. It was almost preserving a slice of game history from the '90's. I used it less to see the aggregate score and more as an easy way to find reviews for old games I was interested to read. Easier to use and cleaner interface, too.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I did wonder if you were going on leave or something.

Ah, so it was one of those not-so-secret Secret Santa undertakings, then. Glad your name got selected by somebody who knew what they were doing!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Oh yeah, not just some random gift picked from a sack!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

DonJorginho

What game of these do I need to play through first? (Backlog is criminal)

Witcher 3 GOTY
Horizon Zero Dawn
Skyrim: Special Edition
Nier Automata
The Outer Worlds
Jedi Fallen Order

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@Arugula That is definitely one I am leaning to, just because I want to finally complete it, I played about 20 hours of it back in the PS3 Days but stopped playing and lost my save data and gave up so want to dedicate my few weeks off work around Xmas to power through some games and see things I haven't seen before.

Thank you!

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

Just got my Secret Santa gifts, have been treated to Resident Evil 4 HD for PS4 (obviously lol), and a giftbox of 24 Ferrero Rochers.

This new job is pretty nifty for sure, get school holidays off like the children do, get paid for it all, have so much free time and get good Secret Santa gifts for once!

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@KratosMD another great pick, it is so hard when there are so many games out and coming up too lol

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@KratosMD I need to have your mental strength haha! I was playing through Uncharted 4, Destiny 2, Days Gone and Resident Evil 7 all at the same moment in different hours of the day.

Now I just stick to one long game and when I want a break until its completed I play some FIFA or COD to relax

DonJorginho

WanderingBullet

Very brief look at Godfall's gameplay.

Untitled

Huntin' monsters erryday.

DonJorginho

Just got Resident Evil 2 Remake and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition together for £25, good deal or nah?

DonJorginho

Octane

There's a brass band playing christmas carols outside somewhere, I can't see them, but I can hear them. I missed those, I hadn't seen them anymore in recent years, but it's good to know they're still around.

Octane

Tasuki

Going to have to kick it old school tonight since the roofers doing my roof ended up ripping down and breaking my internet wire so I am without internet for tonight. I tried calling my ISP but by the time I discovered it the offices were closed. It sucks cause I can't watch any tv tonight unless I want to watch my DvDs. Video game wise I do have my NES and SNES classics but I was wanting to play WoW Classic and Modern Warfare tonight. 😥

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@Octane I live in a town centre and was gonna reply with "I hear them every year!" to your comment, but then I stopped and thought about it and you're right, I haven't heard them for a good couple years now. It's all buskers on steel drums and whatnot around here nowadays. Maybe I'm just away for the days picked by the Salvation Army Band or something!

@Tasuki Hope you get your internet back soon (and that your roof is fixed before the holidays, too)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@RogerRoger Thanks man. I have an appointment with my ISP to get it fixed tomorrow (the earliest they had available) and the roof should be done by today.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

The comments were getting a bit juicy in the Destiny Games of the Decade article!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DonJorginho

@KratosMD If I was doing my Games Of The Decade just off my personal enjoyment I would certainly have some questionable picks haha

DonJorginho

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD It's all opinions at the end of the day, some are bound to make the cut and others won't. Some games, like Untitled Goose Simulator/I Am Bread/Octodad etc. all kind of fall into the same category so I don't think it's wrong to select just one of those to speak for them all.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

DonJorginho

@KratosMD I would have some picks like Metroid Other M, Dying Light, Sleeping Dogs and Red Steel 2, not the most universally acclaimed but some of the most fun I had this decade in gaming.

DonJorginho

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 @KratosMD I'd agree that Flappy Bird, if representing a type of genre or style of game should be there from a certain point of view. It is a little like Destiny being in there on the PS list. You could argue that the quality of the game and its history doesn't deserve the merit of being on the list but it did really change the gaming landscape and push a brand new type of live service game. In a way, Destiny represents every looter shooter.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic