Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 10,077

ellsworth004

@JohnnyShoulder yeah we discussed it in another forum. Really crappy, as big as disney is u think it would of been a worldwide launch. But, seeing all the issues theyve been having with it i guess its understandable. Have u watched it?

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

JohnnyShoulder

@ellsworth004 Yeah I saw that, couldn't be bothered to delete my post though!

I'm in the UK too, so nope.

I think someone on here said Disney had to wait until the contracts with the existing companies (such as Sky) to end, or pay out the remaining time on the contracts for some regions. They have obviously gone with the former.

Glad your enjoying it though!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

There's a free Tetris Effect PS4 theme on the NA PSN. Unsure about other regions.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah I'll look it up.

Anyway, for Shenmue 1 remastered I have already lost an hour of progress twice because of a bug. Come on...

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Ralizah Nope, no free theme over here. Hermen Hulst, fix this!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Wow, there are still game-breaking bugs in Shenmue, which was released last August? That doesn't sound good at all. Hope you know what's causing it, so that you don't lose a third hour!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

MightyDemon82

Hey folks, where is the best place to get game related t-shirts and other clothing items?

MightyDemon82

KALofKRYPTON

@MightyDemon82 You can always find decent stuff on the likes of RedBubble, or more official routes like high street outlets like GAME/Gamestop.

Insert Coin make some pretty nice stuff.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@MightyDemon82 @KALofKRYPTON also Amazon have been putting a lot of gaming related clothing on their site too, i got this really nice FFVII T-Shirt off it the other day

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Rudy_Manchego

@MightyDemon82 I quite like Redbubble if you want something unique as a lot of fans make great artwork. I got a TLOU2 tshirt after the first trailer came out.
If you like retro games, try Pocket Pixels LTD.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 I see your based in the UK, HMV do some merch too. Not sure how much of it is gaming based, but might be worth a look.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

andreoni79

@LN78 Another example: Kingdom Come Deliverance was € 60 at launch, then they added more then € 20 of DLCs. Bugs were always a problem.
Now I just got the Royal Edition for € 20 and it's fully patched.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Th3solution

@LN78 Well, there is a certain attraction for playing games while they are topical. Although lately I’m with you all — I haven’t bought any games at launch this year except Concrete Genie (really wanted to support the developer and launch price was low anyways) because of most of the logic that has been laid out like price drops and backlog. I’ve saved myself a lot of money and have whittled away my backlog with much more success this year, ....but I have to admit that I miss being able to join in with community discussion about a game when it’s new and the hot topic. Death Stranding is a perfect example right now as a lot of people are playing and talking about it together. Meanwhile I’m playing (and enjoying immensely) a 2 year old Assassin’s Creed Origins game that I bought for cheap but doesn’t have any ‘buzz’ anymore. Is it worth an extra $20-30 to get in on the communal excitement for something? Maybe.
Kinda like going to see a new release movie at the theater for $20 vs waiting and renting it for $4. Same movie, but the experience is muted by not being part of the discussion and launch audience.

I think for the games one is really excited about, its worth the extra cost of getting in early. For the vast majority of games that one might be lukewarm on, then waiting 6-12 months to save the extra cash is advisable.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@LN78 Lol, Okay, I should have recognized that. 😄
I’m on the same page. I’ve come inches away from buying Death Stranding so I can join in on the group experience, but I’m having enough fun with what I’m playing and I’ve waited this long, so I’ll give it a couple more weeks. Games like Red Dead 2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider I played at launch and don’t regret being on the front end of those experiences for the extra money.

Weirdly, some games drop in price quicker than others. Sometimes that’s because of popularity decreasing, sometimes it has to do with promoting DLC, sometimes it has to do with publisher philosophy, and sometimes it seems to be just random. I waited over a year for Valkyria Chronicles 4 to drop in price and finally it went down about 25% before I bought it, meanwhile God of War and Spider-Man dropped like crazy within a few short months. PlayStation exclusives tend to drop faster it seems, so maybe Death Stranding will follow suit.
Some of the price control (at least here in the States) has some to do with the second hand market. Really popular games will get a flood of used games hit the shelf a month or so after release and then you’ll start to see the new game price drop to keep up. It’s part of my concern about the all digital future - we won’t have the used game market to put pressure on bringing prices down for older games.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

The only launch game I bought this year was The Division 2 because of how online heavy it is... even though I ended up playing the game solo.

Most purchases have been slightly older games on sale through the PS store.

Looking back, it's been quite a weird mix of games I've played this year though.

Thrillho

mookysam

Finally home after 27 days in hospital. Will take about six more weeks more to get fully better so shall relax and play lots of games. My backlog actually grew while I was away. 😂

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic