Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,261 to 3,263 of 3,263

RogerRoger

Welcome back to @Fight_Sora_Fight and @KALofKRYPTON (did you guys co-ordinate or something?).

@Kidfried Makes total sense. With a movie, you know you're gonna give up three hours maximum, but often less; with books, you can see how thick they are and estimate based on your reading speed. Games are, by their nature, unknowns. I've often gotten frustrated with games I thought were six-hour blasts, only to discover that they're double or triple that (especially when, after four hours, I'd thought "this gameplay isn't grabbing me, but I've only got a couple more hours so I'll push on").

So I think, unless it's a launch title I've been eagerly anticipating, I'll definitely lean heavily on HLTB in future because, as @Rudy_Manchego says, length is no indicator of quality but even the most enjoyable of games can outstay their welcome when you're trying to schedule the rest of your life.

Oh, and I'm glad I can stop banging the table now, @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy (although now you're making me feel bad that I haven't gotten around to my own replay, despite saying "I should really replay Horizon at some point" for well over a year now)!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger

Unlike @Fight_Sora_Fight - I have no other reasons than abject antisocial laziness and slight busying for being away...

Untitled

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Well, I hope you're alright and it's great to see you back!

I'll leave the "big stuff" innuendo to the imagination of others.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic