Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 10,090

HallowMoonshadow

You're telling me @RogerRoger... I'm the teacher and it's been plastered all over the primary/junior school and what most of the talks in the staff room have been on about the past week!

It was only thanks to my partner telling me as I was packing my bag for tomorrow... or I might've looked pretty foolish... 😂

I've already done that a number of times over the past eighteen years... But I'll be sure to enjoy it again this week

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@LN78 Put (spoiler) and (/spoiler) at the beginning and end of the text you want hidden BUT use the [square brackets] instead of the round ones.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@LN78 Just be aware that, if you @ somebody in a post containing spoiler tags and that somebody has email notifications switched on, the spoiler tags won't function in the email, meaning you could still inadvertently spoil things for them (and direct to their inbox, too). Learned that one the hard way!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@LN78 There are a few posts with a lot of the tricks here:
https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps_general_discussion/forma...
And I think there was more somewhere else, but this has the main things there like spoiler tags and inserting images and such. I forget to use some of the little tricks that are possible here. Like subscripts

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

When you think Bethesda hit rock bottom with their $100 Fallout 76 sub; they glitched through the bottom and sank even further. Turns out that aside from your unlimited storage consuming your items, the servers aren't even private. People can still join you, and players have found out that the ''new'' servers they created already had missing loot and evidence of other players being in it before them...

Octane

Heavyarms55

@Octane Having been a huge fan of Fallout New Vegas and 3, it makes me very sad to see how Bethesda and the series has fallen so far...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Zuljaras

Maybe Bethesda made a silly secret bet with someone. The bet is to see if they could make people hate them more than EA in relatively short time.
There is no other explanation!

Octane

@Heavyarms55 At this point I'm genuinely worried about TES6. Because, let's be honest, we already know it will be a messy and buggy experience. Probably chopped up as DLC content, maybe an online sub. Plenty of MTX. I bet that the Ubisoft EXP Boost is going to be in it, with the vanilla game being grindy as hell. I can't see how this won't end well at this point.

Octane

HallowMoonshadow

To be honest I was already a little worried about Bethesda with Skyrim as I thought it was dumbed down a bit too much for my taste and Fallout 4 especially caused a warning light to go off in my head.

The absolute horror show that's Fallout 76 and the scummy tactics in Elder Scrolls: Blades means I'm not touching the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls with a hundred foot barge pole. Ever.

The only Bethesda game I'll make an exception for is Doom Eternal because Id's the developer whilst they're only publishing it and hopefully Bethesda hasn't poisioned the well there just yet...

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

Fallout 4 was okay but I wish they hadn’t bothered with the base building side of things. The story was also a little lacklustre after FO3 and FO:NV.

I am looking forward to picking up The Outer Worlds at some point to see whether that has more of the Fallout feel than the actual series has now.

I would love to go back and give Skyrim another go though but I did once or twice load it up on my PS3 only to give up before getting to the end of the cart ride

I somehow did manage to complete the game unpatched on PS3 which suffered from horrendous frame rate drops; I think the game went down to almost 1fps when I fought the final boss...

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

anyone have any gaming plans for Halloween?

as for me i'm going to livestream Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Gremio108

@FullbringIchigo Looking through my trophies the other day, I realised I never finished Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. I was thinking of maybe carrying on with that for Halloween.

Also, I've finally got around to the Dark Souls 3 DLC. Ariandel is a pretty nerve-shredding location.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Resi Evil 2 REmake for me.

@Gremio108 The Ringed City is pretty nightmarish too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder Noice

@Gremio108 never played those actually, not even DS3, i played the first but absolutely sucked at it so never bothered getting the others

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Oh good I'll look forward to that then. Those bird creatures in Ariandel are absolutely horrific. I'm going to take my time since this will probably be the last bit of Dark Souls that I'll ever play. Unless they make a fourth one, which is unlikely.

@FullbringIchigo Ah don't worry, everyone sucks at it in the beginning. It's a big time investment though. I get why people don't play them.

FullbringIchigo

@Gremio108 honestly no matter how much i played i just never got better, it's one of those games i just can't get to grips with

Gremio108

@FullbringIchigo Dark Souls 3 was the first one I completed. The first game didn't click with me first time around, even though I'd played through Demon's Souls and loved it. Went back to Dark Souls on PS3 but still couldn't do it, finally completed it with the PS4 remaster. So it turned out that Dark Souls 1 was the final Soulsborne game I completed!

This DLC is reminding me why Dark Souls 3 is my favourite of the bunch. It's an absolute masterclass in game design. So much detail, the locations are dripping with menace and you can almost smell the death and decay. So yeah, they're not really the most welcoming games to be honest. Once you crack them, they're incredible. But I can totally see how some people could never click with them. I almost didn't.

HallowMoonshadow

I'm sure I've said this one or twice @Gremio108 round Push Square but I played Demon's Souls with five different characters/builds before I finally "got" the gameplay

It was Christmas 2013 and I'd bought it both for myself and my daughter. I'd seen some gameplay and thought it looked quite interesting... I'd heard it was a but difficult but I shrugged off thinking it couldn't be that hard.

Started with a knight and got past the Phalanx. I died a number of times but it was manageable though I was seeing what people meant by the difficulty. After that though I really started struggling with the game.

I then tried the cleric thinking the heal spells would help me out. Made it past the Phalanx once again. Buuut I still couldn't seem to progress past that.

And it happened three more times over the holiday... I tried a different class, got past the phalanx only to fail once again as it seemed to get insurmountable.

I was determined not to let this game beat me... but I was admittedly getting weary and I was back to work in a few days so I promised one more time or bust.

So I made a thief.

... Dunno why or how but everything fell into place.

Was still tough as nails but I finally managed to conquer it.

I've since went on to the other Souls games and Bloodborne and found them nowhere near as demanding (Though there was something Dark Souls 2 that put me off and I didn't touch it for a whole year)

When I start a Souls game for the very first time now I make them a thief (Or a Bandit in the second dark souls) and give them the same name as the character that I beat Demon's with... It's tradition now and I guess a little good luck charm as well

Also I really like three as well.

Probably the only thing about it is that even if I never really did it... I quite liked the freedom in 1 and 2 (to a lesser extent) gave you to choose what way you'd like to go from the get go compared to 3 which leds you from one area to the next (Though the areas are sprawling and very intricately designed)

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy So, Dark Souls 3 is less open and exploratory than DS1/Bloodborne? Might actually try that one. I hate getting lost in those games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic