Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 3,377

Ralizah

@RogerRoger You're a sweetie. I appreciate that, considering what a vicious place the internet often is.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

andreoni79

I apologize to everyone because I have no idea what you are talking about!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

ellsworth004

People can put down this website and the community all they want, ita their right. But imo after reading these last several comments, i think most of us are pretty decent people. Its nice to read stuff like this instead of...well just bad, demeaning, and alot of the time ridiculous behavior. Thanks for making my day better by me reading this. 😃

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

KratosMD

LOL so earlier this year there was a sale on Destiny: The Collection (includes the base game and all the DLC expansions) at an online retailer in Sweden where the game was €10. I was really tempted to buy it since I haven't played Destiny and even though I'm against online-only games, playing through the entire collection for only €10 seemed worth it to me.

Then I decided to google the collection in order to find out if the DLC expansions were on the disc or available as codes. I found out that they were only codes AND that the codes were all going to expire after 2018! Knowing this I was shocked to see that the retailer was actually selling the collection and not informing people about this fact, because apparently the expiration date was universal.

And guess what, now after over six months I saw the collection again at the retailer's site where it says "DLC expired" in its title. They are still selling it!!! I'm so freaking glad that I didn't buy it, what a mess that would've been, lol. Just goes to show that even with physical editions, publishers still somehow manage to mess up online-only games.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

Th3solution

@KratosMD Now it makes sense why it was only €10.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

KratosMD

@Th3solution That's the funny thing too, they bumped up the price to its original €20 now, even though the codes have all expired. So you're basically only getting the base game, and that version is much cheaper elsewhere, lol.

KratosMD

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD The second game was in ps+ earlier this year, or wait till later and I believe the base game will become free on 1st October this year.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD it should be illegal to sell games with out of date codes in them

although if it's a "complete" edition then the games should come with everything on the dam disc, i never liked when they just ship it with DLC codes

plus there was a place in my town that would take games and codes out of the cases for storage and people who worked there used to write the codes down and use them themselves

"I like Star Wars. It was young King Arthur growing up, slaying the evil emperor finally. There's nothing wrong with that kind of entertainment - everything doesn't have to create a philosophy for you - for your whole life. You can also have fun." - Gene Roddenberry

KratosMD

@JohnnyShoulder I'd seriously just buy a month of PS+, play Destiny for the duration of the month and then be done with it. Then I wouldn't have to worry about reselling a physical copy.

@FullbringIchigo Whaaat, that's insane! I didn't know that would happen, that's seriously twisted.

But yeah, they shouldn't include download codes at all to begin with. Everything should be on the disc or the account should at least recognise somehow that you've bought a complete edition so you'd be able to download the rest from the store.

I miss those 360 games like Fallout 3 GOTY that had all the DLC in a separate disc and you could install them how many times you want, even to other systems.

Also, to follow up on the discussion we had last week regarding saying goodbye to your workplace; I think I achieved the best possible outcome today. We had small farewell party with coffee and sandwiches, talked about me and my future, and I received a flower pot and some chocolate from my colleagues. It was actually really nice! Then I said goodbye to everyone individually and that was nice as well. It felt heartwarming to leave the place in good conscience. Really gonna miss it now!

It's going to be nice to take a break for the rest of the month now though.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

Tasuki

@KratosMD I think the reason behind giving DLC Codes is so people can't share the DLC discs. I had the GOTY edition of Borderlands back on the 360. I remember loaning the second DLC disc out to everyone I knew who had the base game. Once they installed the DLC they didn't need the disc anymore. They could literally buy the base game for $5 and then borrow the DLC disc and have everything.

I am sure there are ways around it like requiring the disc to play it etc. But there are probably other reasons behind including the DLC Codes instead of a disc. Not necessarily goods I might add.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

So I am super excited. I found out yesterday that select theaters in my area will be showing Metallica's S&M 2 concert at them which happens to be my favorite band of all time. I quickly checked a theater in my area and found some for $15!!! So In will be going to that this October a few days before my birthday too. I am super excited!!!

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki what about an activation program on the disc that automatically unpacks the codes and then automatically adds the DLC to your download cue this way the codes can't be stolen NOR would they have a use by date and it would still link them to the initial account they was used on meaning they was still a one time use item and thus can't be shared through the used games market (which i'm assuming is one of the main reasons they do it, it's kind of like online passes

that and they are also lazy)

"I like Star Wars. It was young King Arthur growing up, slaying the evil emperor finally. There's nothing wrong with that kind of entertainment - everything doesn't have to create a philosophy for you - for your whole life. You can also have fun." - Gene Roddenberry

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo it's probably also cheaper to use slips of paper with codes on them then discs. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the base game discs are just discs that they have left over from the initial print so they just print out a slip with codes and call it a day.

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki they are trust me, i brought the Royal Edition of FFXV on XB1 and the game disc is literally the original release and i know this because not only does the disc have the original copyright date on it AND not only did it look the same as the day one PS4 disc (bar the console specific branding of course) but when i first installed and played it my XB1 internet adapter was broken so i couldn't update it and it was the original vanilla release

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Seeing as I have nothing left to say about Sword and Shield @Ralizah and it's gonna purely be a recollection of my thoughts on Pokémon White I'm putting my response here so I don't derail the switch thread (Incidently I forgot to mention I saw your post about the Alexa stuff in the movie thread the other night before Tasuki edited it and I thought it was adorable... Excellent choice of colour with red by the way!)

As for Pokémon White. It was four... maybe three years ago I played it for the first time. I'd heard about it's critical reputation and despite my uninterest in the Pokes I'd seen I decided to try it out. Admittedly the finer details really escape me as I played it only once and then got rid of it... but I'll try my best so forgive me if I've got something wrong.

• For starters... I didn't really like the starters. Tepig's line is incredibly garish and ghastly, Snivy is pretty meh and so is Oshawott really (Which is a downright shame as a lover of all the water starters before and after this)
  • The plot. I'm sure it's only like an hour in when you see that public speech from Ghetis (Or however it's spelt) and I was intrigued by Team Plasma Cut to an hour later with the two grunts kicking the pokemon in the forest and I instantly dismissed them as just another team rocket expy just with good publicity (at the moment). Completely ruined any chance of taking them seriously and knew the leader was totally evil and just lying to N. N's niavity to the whole situation just made me roll my eyes too
  • The rivals. I can't remember the names of them... But after the second time I encountered them they became rather predictable on when I was suppose to expect them. One on the route to a new city, the other whilst leaving or something.

Whilst you know you'll always fight the rival of any pokémon game at the start and end... usually inbetween you'll have no idea when they'll pop up. But yeah... these two I just seemed to know every time and it seemed to be way too frequent as well.

• It felt like the longest pokemon game I'd played. And yet it was actually one of the quickest I'd ever beaten a pokemon game. It might be due to the fact I didn't care much for any the pokemon designs in the slightest and I just stuck with one team rather then switching things up as I went along.

Looking through the pokes from gen 5 there's about 15 or so I like. Lilligant and Whimsicott being the only ones that I do really like and remember.

• Didn't like how the trainers/gym leaders/elite four had pitiful amounts of pokemon either. Plus the elite four choosing thing, only four pokes and no increased level between the four meant it wasn't really a challenge in the slightest

Heh... Sorry if that sounds more like a rant... Wasn't supposed to be but I just really didn't get along with it in the slightest 😅

I never want to not like a game... But White completely and utterly dissapointed me on pretty much every level.

X&Y had a lot of problems too but I liked a bunch more of the pokemon (Especially my Froggy Boi Greninja) and I actually liked Xerneas too compared to Zekrom and Reishram (sp?) who just looked rather generic.

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

PSN: GoddessFoxy-E

My No Commentary PS4 Youtube Channel

andreoni79

At the end of the month I'm gonna leave my workplace, one more time. It happens every year since I work for a tour operator for 8/9 months per year, then there's a long break before the next season. Last year I had a severe burnout in July which obviously ruined any "goodbye party" hypothesis, but I'm not that kind of person anyway.
August 30th will be a friday so I decided to offer a beer only to the closest colleagues (that's 30 of us in the office, too many for a collective goodbye) right at the end of my last working day.
It's 5 years now I'm into this routine and even if I work 150 kms away from home, my feelings still belong to my hometown.
To me, worktime has nothing to do with the "real life", the one in which I am myself and not a part of a mechanism ruled by others.

Rudy_Manchego

@andreoni79 I've always wondered how those who do seasonal work handle the gaps and so on. It must be very busy during the season. Are you away from home a lot?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

andreoni79

@Rudy_Manchego I usually leave my hometown in december/january and come back in august/september. In these 8/9 months there's a lot of work to do, with also some 16hours working days... In one single day we can move around 1000 kids in Italy or abroad. We also sent 510 kids to London only on July 2nd. When we look for a new coaches company in the UK they always think we are joking when we say "there are 500 kids on 15 different flights coming this day. What can you offer us?" 😂
There's a lot of stress, but then I have three months in which I receive a good unemployment benefit. Finally I have time for my studies and writing!

Edited on by andreoni79

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I really, really liked how a lot of the people acted like... people... in B/W. Bianca's father not wanting her to go on a Pokemon adventure, for example. It's such a basic, humanizing thing, and I had always kind of wondered why the parents always seemed perfectly content to let their children wander a land filled with dangerous, borderlines supernatural animals and career criminals.

Team Plasma seems like a very organic part of the Pokemon universe. OF COURSE you would have a group concerned about the welfare of Pokemon. It also makes sense that an ostensibly benevolent organization would be rotten as you go higher in the ranks. I thought N was an interesting protagonist.

Overall, it's the most "JRPG-feeling" of the mainline Pokemon games. Which, I think, is a big reason why it's so contentious in the fandom: it feels very different from Pokemon games before or since.

If you didn't like the sort of linear, people-popping-up-all-the-time thing in B/W, I'd strongly advise against ever playing SuMo. Feels like you don't go five minutes without someone interrupting the flow of the game. Not to mention the game feels like it's running at 20fps most of the time, even on the New 3DS.

Oshawatt is actually my nephew's favorite Pokemon. While I'm not a fan of the evolutions, I always found Tepig to be adorable. No set of starters will ever match R/B/Y, but the starters in B/W are a solid second or third for me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic