Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 10,056

Thrillho

@andreoni79 Dogs, yo!

I have a 15 month old (working) cocker spaniel who is great but still nuts. She came with us to Cornwall and on the first day we spent about 5 hours on the beach and she spent almost all that time running around, digging holes, and swimming in the sea and it's the first time I've seen her properly knackered.

Thrillho

Tasuki

So an update on my cat. So it was a UTI (urinary tract infection) that my has, which is common for Russian Blues. So she's on antibiotics and I had to get her some new food. After a few days of treatment she's is starting to seem like her old self.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

mookysam

@Tasuki Glad she's on the mend.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

W0rl0ck

Leaving this site due to Tasuki deleting my post for no reason

W0rl0ck

W0rl0ck

Obviously doesn't read his own terms of service

W0rl0ck

Tasuki

@W0rl0ck I have in fact read the terms.of services thank you and if that's how you feel well I wont stop you.

The reason I deleted your post is that we have been hit with a rash of spammers as of late. All you posted in your post was and I quote

This Looks good for a title and then in the subject you posted a link to a non-exist Reddit thread and a video. That's it no explanation as to what the video was about or anything it was vague. You could have said something on what the video was for or something a little more.

My apologies for not being a mind reader and instantly knowing what you are talking about.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

W0rl0ck

@Tasuki Thank you for the reply and the slight sarcasm. I apologise for the link i posted not working but the video link works fine and the game is appropriate to what many members here would like. Shouldn't you know that if you looked?

W0rl0ck

Tasuki

@W0rl0ck Well maybe if you included that name of the game in the title rather then Check this out the maybe it would make sense.

You need to see where I am coming from, I am going to click on a video that says check this out, probably not and I don't know many people who will. That's all.

My Backlog

W0rl0ck

I totally agree that i should have put the games name there and i understand where your coming from when its a random link. All i am upset about is the sarcasm from you before you made an appropriate and very helpful comment.

W0rl0ck

W0rl0ck

I totally agree that i should have put the games name there and i understand where your coming from when its a random link. All i am upset about is the sarcasm from you before you made an appropriate and very helpful comment.

W0rl0ck

Stewart

My sons PS4 won’t let me do the update anyone able to help ??

Stewart

Th3solution

@Stewart Have you tried updating it in Safe Mode? I’m not an expert by any means, but I was in Safe Mode the other day to do a database rebuild and noticed there is an option to update the software from that menu.
To enter Safe Mode you turn the console completely off, then press and hold the power button on the PS4 until you hear a second beep ( it takes a few seconds) then release your finger and then you’ll need to connect your DS4 via the USB cord and away you go. Like I say, I’ve personally never used Safe Mode to do an update but maybe that will work for you.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Stewart

@th3solution thanks for the reply , the console starts up on safe mode regardless , even just doing a standard turn on it goes straight into safe mode , think it’s for the bin , is there a new PS coming out

Stewart

Ryall

@Stewart I would usually try a new hard drive before bining a PS4.

My best guess is the PS5 will come out in November 2020 but nothing’s been confirmed except that it will not come out this financial year.

Ryall

RogerRoger

@Stewart Same thing happened to my first PlayStation4, alas. Its HDD made a clicking noise when the console booted up, and it would inevitably (not always, but more often than not) boot in Safe Mode and run a diagnostic on itself before reaching the menu. If I could get a game started, it would invariably freeze or glitch out because the console simply couldn't read the hard drive.

Sorry to say you might be right. Not sure how to fix that. If you can get it to the main menu, back up all your son's save data (either via PS Plus if you're a member, or to a USB stick manually if not) so that he hasn't lost any in-game progress.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD So weird. 😂 I can only play and watch horror when the evenings get dark as I think you lose some of the atmosphere in the summer.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RR529

Just got finished with a trip to Worlds of Fun (the big amusement park in the Kansas City area).

Pretty good time, though when we decided to reride the Mamba (the park's largest roller coaster) before leaving, my face got sprayed with what I hope was spit (as opposed to some other bodily fluid) from one of the riders further in the front. The worker who undoes all the restraints at the end of the ride was covering his face with his shirt when he was letting out some of the people in front of us too...

Also, my mother (who won't ride many of the larger rides) won an enourmous Luigi plush while we were on one ride... and simply gave it away while we were on the next...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DerMeister

So, I just recovered from heat related illness. My AC blew out a couple weeks ago (I live in Texas, so that is really not good) and was fixed only this weekend. As a result, I had heat exhaustion last week. Thankfully, I didn't get heatstroke, but I still feel like I dodged a bullet. I've been pounding water a lot now and taking cold showers so it doesn't come back.

Time to play catch up on my gaming news.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Rudy_Manchego

@DerMeister Wow - that is really bad. Glad you are on the mend. I have had heatstroke before and it was horrid but having that because your AC went when you were at home etc. sounds horrendous.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic