Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 10,089

kyleforrester87

@RogerRoger Yeah I don't get too bent out of shape with most things but a missing kitty freaks me out. I need to keep a lid on it though since my girlfriend is worried enough. So I'm just like yeeahh he'll be back heh .

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Is it an outdoor cat? And how long has it been missing?

One of my cats would disappear for days at a time, and only showed his face when he wanted food.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah He went out at 7am on Sunday, so he's not been gone 2 days but it's odd for him as he's never gone for more than a couple of hours at a time and stays in over night (we lock the cat flap at night). Can't find him locally. He did this once before last year, and was found in the neighbours house under the bed so I dunno. I'm really hoping he's just at home when I get in tonight!!

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 I assume you've talked to your neighbors? I've had at least one cat somehow get caught underneath our house, so, if that's even remotely possible, I'd suggest grabbing a flash light and taking a peek down there (disregard if you live in an apartment or something, obvs).

It's a lot more likely to be safe than a dog would be, though. Cats aren't generally known to wander out into the road and, being fairly athletic animals, they can climb stuff to avoid dangers in their environments.

Have you tried putting a bowl of cat food outside somewhere?

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah we knocked on a few neighbours doors this morning, there are a lot of oldies around my area and some of them don’t really know what time of day it is let a lot what you’re asking them unfortunately, but yeah we’re going to have to start doing a lot more of that if he doesn’t show up tonight. I’ll print a load of letters off tomorrow and start putting them in everyone’s doors. He could have easily gone in through an open door and got under a bed or something, though.

We didn’t leave food in the garden since there’s a load of Toms about and I figured they will just come and eat it within 15 minutes.

The trouble is, in my experience, when cats get stuck somewhere they tend to just shut up and sit still so he could be right under our noses. But then you start to wonder if someone’s decided to pinch him! Argh!

kyleforrester87

Gremio108

@kyleforrester87 My mother in law's cat has a habit of going in garages and storage yards. She'll get locked in places which won't then be opened for a day or so. Chances are yours is stuck somewhere and waiting for the opportunity to leg it, he'll be fine

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 i would like to say everything will be fine but this happened to me a few years ago and it was not a happy outcome

not trying to put a downer on the situation, i'm just saying be prepared for anything and i hope the moggie turns up safe and sound

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

kyleforrester87

@Gremio108 @Ralizah haha I know, logic goes out the window when it’s my cats for some reason, otherwise I don’t tend to let stuff get to me too much 😂

BUT the good news is he was home when I got in a moment ago, minus a collar and looking sleepy so thank **** for that. He must have been stuck somewhere. I’m gunna staple him to the floor now.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@FullbringIchigo sorry just saw that, yeah man I’ve lost cats before, it sucks, I’m extra attached to these though since they are the ones me and my girlfriend got together and we don’t have kids so 🤷‍♂️

Untitled

He’s called Buster, after guess what 😂

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 minus a collar, that's odd unless someone took it off and tried to keep him

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

kyleforrester87

@FullbringIchigo I can only guess he got stuck on something and couldn’t get it to unclip. Or like you say someone else took it off but I dunno. He looks a bit worse for wear so I think he spent the night in a bush. I’ll probably to have a look for it in a bit.

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 well as long as he is OK that's all that really matters right

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 some microchip implants can do that

kyleforrester87

@FullbringIchigo hmm not to my knowledge, the units need batteries to send out a signal, implant GPS isn’t a thing as far as I’m aware. The ID microchips work through radio frequency, he has one that’s tuned into a cat flap only he can go through, but like contactless cards you need to be close to pick up the signal. I wish there was something like that, though!

kyleforrester87

Tasuki

@kyleforrester87 Glad to hear that your cat is safe now. That's one reason I don't let my cats outside, I would go nuts the moment they didn't come home. Plus it doesn't help that there's people in our neighborhood that are fed up with cats and any they see they trap or call animal control.

@FullbringIchigo The collar missing is nothing strange. More then likely the cat got hung up on something and the collar came off.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Beautiful cat! Glad he turned up. It's always scary when a pet goes missing.

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki @Ralizah @Gremio108 Thanks! Pizza for dinner to celebrate 😂 you’d think he’d been gone months, such is the relief in this house. As for not letting him out, I used to be strictly against keeping them indoors as I didn’t think it was fair, but in recent years we never let the first of the two we have out and she always seemed fine with that. But then we got this one, Buster, and he just always wanted to go out to the point we couldn’t open the door to leave without him bolting for it so in the end we let him have what he wants. In the end we know he might never come back one day, but I don’t think it’s fair to keep him in when he really wants to go exploring so at the end of the day I think it’s down to the individual cat. It is nice being able to have the patio doors open on a hot day etc too, especially having no air con.

kyleforrester87

Thrillho

Hey y'all, I hope everyone is doing good.

I've been away for a wee bit after getting married and having a week in Cornwall. I was always against having a biggish wedding but I'm glad I got talked round as it really was an amazing day. The band we had in the evening were fantastic though and I never thought I'd have RATM's Killing in the Name played at my wedding though (as part of their rock medley which also included Limp Bizkit's Rollin').

The band also learned this for our first dance..

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic