Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 10,080

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki Ha ha no Sept 2016!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@BAMozzy I agree. The current gen controllers are less durable and in my opinion feel cheaper than last-gens.

I have plastic caps for on the analog sticks, and those are great. Also, they add some height, which is perfect for my big hands. Never have issues with tear on those.

The shoulder buttons are in my opinion the bigger problem. They have cheap springs in them, and wear out in no time at all. Thankfully, the V2 upgraded that... but only a bit. Also the face buttons age very fast, which is a pity.

The d-pad on the other hand? Best on any controller ever. I tried playing on the Switch this weekend... yuck!

Kidfried

Jaz007

Well, I’ve always had a lot of nosebleeds, but today I had the worse one yet. Started coming out my eye too, which was new. I’m alright now, but was told not to go to work because of the heavy lifting.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

kyleforrester87

@Jaz007 your eye? That sucks!!

I have always suffered nose bleeds. I had my nose cauterized when I was about 10, was a very easy process and really helped for 10 years or so. I have an illness which meant I took ibuprofen and other blood thinners pretty regularly so was really susceptible to them. Fortunately I take them much less now so it isn't so bad. You looked at cauterization?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Tasuki

@Kidfried I never had a problem with the shoulder buttons mainly the analog sticks. As for the Switch I just picked this up from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Nintendo-Magic-NS-Wireless-Co...

So that way I can use my DS4 on the Switch 😁. Mainly got it for MK8 as well so I can play with more people since pro controllers on the Switch cost an arm and a leg, also you can sync Xbox One Controllers to it as well so my friends who prefer Xbox controllers over PS4 can use those as well on the Switch.

Should be here in a few days so I will let people know how it is.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

@kyleforrester87 I’ve had my nose cotorized 3-4 times, and I’m just 21, so I might or might not look at it again lol.

Jaz007

Tasuki

So two months ago I got back into Dungeon and Dragons because of my local comic shop. I use to play D&D alot when I was in Jr. High and High School but slowly got out of it because of well life. My son who has taken an interest in it due to YouTube mainly wanted to look into it so we decided to check out our local comic shop. Well we discovered that every month they host a D&D meet up at the shop so we figured we check it out.

Well last month we went there for the first time and were able to jump right into a group. Mind you everyone plays 5th Edition now and the last time I played was 3rd so there was that. But everyone was super friendly and helpful explained alot of the changes and even gave my son and I are couple of premade characters to play. We both had a lot of fun.

Well last night the comic shop had it again and after last time my son and I bought our own copy of the Players Handbook and made a few characters so we were ready for this months Meetup. So I made a Half-orc Ranger and he made a Human Cleric. I won't go into details as this post is long enough but we had a ton of fun last night more so then last month. I am thinking this might be a regularly monthly thing now for us. It's kinda of awesome being able to share something that I enjoyed when I was my son's age with him now.

My Backlog

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki Great story and cool that your local comic shop was so welcoming. I know some groups can be quite cliquey so awesome they want you to join in.

My daughters are too young but to be honest, so far the oldest has taken no real interest in geek stuff. That said, she absolutely loves the reruns of The Real Ghostbusters cartoons which I love because I watched them when I was a kid.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Tasuki Yeah, that sounds awesome. You are lucky you found a good group. The comic shops and game shops that run those game groups I’ve been to can be pretty unwelcoming.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Tasuki

@Rudy_Manchego @Th3solution Yeah I was afraid of that at first, and actually the first groups we approached had that vibe. We were about to leave at first but my son wanted to sit and watch for a bit while I checked out the comics and such. While I was looking over some Manga a woman asked my son if he wanted to join her game she was starting soon so he aksed her if I could join as well and the rest is history.

My Backlog

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki Yeah, I had a work colleague who moved up to our city and tried to go to a store to play Magic:The Gathering and he had a bad experience of being excluded and basically having a miserable time. Can't understand the behaviour myself, gamers, especially Role, card or physicals gamers should be sticking together.

I misread a part of your message above - I thought you said you was looking over some managa Woman. I was like, well that is weird to admit that while with your son!

Edited on by Rudy_Manchego

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Jaz007

So, I’m happy right now. 2 yearsa ago, I was playing a fair bit of AC: Brotherhood multiplayer, 5 years late to the party. So I decided to seee if I could find something. After a few unsuccessful attempts and thinking no one was online, I found a few matches, and did pretty well. 7 years later, it lives on. Multiplayer really needs to come back to the series. It was the best part of Brotherhood l.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 You know what, I agree with you, but I think unfortunately we’re in the minority. People have traditionally been very critical of the Assassin’s Creed multiplayer. But personally, I thought it was a pretty fun time. I don’t like MP online and I am horrible at competitive FPS and only so-so at third person shooting, but AC brought a completely different approach with the stealth games that I felt I could participate in and not just die over and over like most online gaming I’ve done. I had no idea that there was still activity on the servers. I’m not a fan of tacked on multiplayer, but I think AC did a good job of making it unique and appropriate to the game, and fun.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

I liked the AC multiplayer, but I wasn't fond of the progression system and skills in Black Flag. No surprise they dropped multiplayer after that one. But @Jaz007 I think it's really cool that after this time the servers are still running. After almost eight years and so many sequels, that's pretty good.

Kidfried

Kidfried

Slightly related, have any of you ever tried the Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow multiplayer? That was one of the best MP experiences I've ever had. One team played the game as an FPS and had to defend certain locations, while the other players were spies (3rd person) who had to break in.

Guards had to use flashlights to spot the players and the spies had different gadgets to stay hidden. I think they reintroduced it in Blacklist, if anyone played that one.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried @KratosMD Actually I didn’t realize Black Flag had MP also since I didn’t stick with it long enough to make it that far. I played about 4-5 hours of the SP game before I abandoned it and all AC games after it due to franchise fatigue. Played the heck out of all the Ezio adventures (including the online MP modes) and just could never get into Black Flag. I often think that if I ever really took the time to put BF back in and give it a shot then I’d probably like it now. But at the time, the formula was pretty beaten to death and the ship battles and ocean travel didn’t set well with me (which was weird because they were one of my favorite diversions in AC3. But when ship combat became so integral in BF, I didn’t like it as much. Ya know, too much of a good thing and all that)
And as far as Unity, Rogue, Syndicate, Liberation, and now Origins ... I probably would like those as well if I gave them a chance. I actually think the French Revolution setting is the one that interests me the most, but Unity got such a bad rap that I have never felt inclined to waste my time and money with it. I hear that, much like say, Mass Effect Andromeda, the early outcry tainted a decent game and after patches that the game is actually pretty good. Alas, I’m not sure I’ll ever know. I’m going to start with AC Origins and maybe try Syndicate someday. I actually bought Origins and it’s sitting in my backlog already. If I ever drag myself away from Bloodborne then I can start to work on the massive task of getting through said backlog.

I know I rambled a bit, so I apologize and veered off topic from the original discussion of AC multiplayer, but this is the chit-chat thread and I’m chit chatting so one last thought. I am first and foremost a single player, story driven gamer. I realize that developers add on MP to try to give their game longevity, but I agree that if the SP experience suffers as a result, then I feel it a shame. In the case of AC Brotherhood I feel it was implemented well. Another example is The Last of Us. People forget that game had an online MP component. It was (and is — not sure if the servers on that are still up) largely forgettable. Yet it obviously didn’t detract from the SP experience in what is, what some will argue, the greatest PlayStation game of all time. Uncharted 2, 3, 4 also. I think these games were able to nail the SP aspect and make MP that could be ignored and not detract from the overall game. That said, AC Origins and Horizon Zero Dawn appear to setting a new trend that these online modes are not necessary after all. Same with GoW, Witcher3, and others — a SP only game can survive. But honestly, even I have to admit that I miss the innovative ideas like the MP modes from the early AC games.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic