Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 508

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 Just make sure the pictures are enhanced as much as possible and are of a pregnant spider.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

KratosMD

Wow, this was a great day for me. I had an exam early in the morning and I was reading through my notes until 10 minutes before the exam would start. I pedalled as fast as I could to campus, arrived there 3 minutes before they would close the doors (and I would've had to wait one hour, i.e. I would've lost one hour of precious writing time if I didn't make it in time, which would've really sucked) and just as I sat down I had an asthma attack and I nearly vomited on the floor due to my intense coughing. Fun times.

At least this was my last exam for the programme. Now I'm gonna relax the rest of the week and play games before I start writing on my bachelor.

"To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly"
"They fail to live because they are always preparing to live" - Alan Watts
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Thats cos your not playing video games. Withdrawal symptoms.

In all seriousness hope ya okay dude.

JohnnyShoulder

KratosMD

@JohnnyShoulder Haha, that must be it. Haven't played BotW for three days now, lol. I need it!

Yeah all's good now, I just need to remember to take my time next time I have something similar.

"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Wesker

I don't like Eurogamer's new design.

Wesker

Th3solution

@KratosMD I hope everything comes out okay on your exam! Enjoy some well deserved gaming as a way to cleanse your brain of all that academia.

If the other guy is getting better, then you'd better be getting better faster than he's getting better, or you're getting worse.

ZurapiiYohane

I went to see the Tomb Raider movie last week. It was somewhat based on the game reboot, but not really. They did add a few references from the game like that airplane part. I thought it was alright to be honest! It's a PG-13 film so there wasn't any gore, which I thought it was a bit disappointing.

Having fun isn't hard, when you got a library card.

KratosMD

@Th3solution Thanks dude! Yeah, I'm just so burned out on studying now that I just want to relax for awhile.

@ZurapiiYohane I really don't like Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft. She's way too "innocent" (for a lack of a better word) to be her, while I thought the design of Lara in the reboot games are much better. They should've chosen someone that looked like her.

KALofKRYPTON

@Wesker It's rather slow - but I'm my work PC, which uses a very, very old version of Chrome that I can't update. So after being on the site for more than 30 seconds I get a full screen WoT advert that I can't dismiss!

KALofKRYPTON

Fight_Teza_Fight

One common criticism I’ve seen thrown around the web is how ‘generic’ GOW looks & how Sony’s first party line up is all turning into TLOU clones.

I kind of get it, but at the same time it’s not like Sony are just pumping these out.
Third person, cinematic, story driven single player game is what I think of when I think ‘Sony First Party’.
Is that a bad thing?

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

KratosMD

@Fight_Teza_Fight I mean, it's kinda like how Nintendo keeps pumping out platformers, this is just Sony's thing right now and I think it's great because it makes it clear what Sony is all about. Plus these games are high quality ones and since they are story driven they will all be completely different games. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@KratosMD Yeah me neither. I do think Nintendo have done a good job on diversifying their portfolio as of late, but they’ll always be best known for their colourful platformers.

I do hope Japan Studio are cooking up something different.
Would love to see a big budget blockbuster JRPG from them for the PS5 launch.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Rudy_Manchego

I guess it could be argued but then, I would argue, that is sort of the in vogue game style at the moment. How many single player games have been third person story driven games? Evil Within, Assasins Creed, Quantum Break, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy XV, Mass Effect Andromeda, Ghost Recon etc, Dark Souls 3. It was the same back in the last gen when every game was an FPS shooter - COD, Medal of Honour, Bioshock, Killzone, Resistance etc.

At the same time Sony have a fair few exclusives this gen that aren't third person. I think it is more of a trend - adult story driven games are drawing inspiration from other games.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

Jaz007

So, I was on YouTube one day after midnight, and found this crazy J-pop song and video. Crazier yet, it says it’ll be showed at the 2020 Olympics. I am very excited for that if it’s true, which given it’s from a bands official channe, it very well could be. I don’t think the world is ready, but I might watch those Olympics jut to see when this is shown and what the worlds reaction is.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007
Currently playing: BotW, Overwatch, and Persona 5.

Octane

Weird off-topic; CD Projekt Red confirmed that The Witcher franchise has sold 33 million copies:

The first two games weren't as successful as far as I know, so that means the TW3 was a huge success. Way bigger than I initially thought.

Octane

Tasuki

@Octane It's no surprise that Witcher 3 was better selling then it predecessors since they were PC exclusives. Witcher 2 was ported to the Xbox 360 but it was a sloppy port.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

@Tasuki The Witcher 2 on XB360 wasn't 'sloppy' at all!! Its a great port considering the hardware in the old 360 and it didn't drop frames as bad as Skyrim did! Its now one of the X enhanced games and it looks even better now. It was 88 on Metacritic (the 360 version) which also tells you it wasn't a Sloppy port at all...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Th3solution

My original Dual Shock 4 is on its last leg. One of the triggers stick and the surface of the analogs are worn through to the plastic. I decided to splurge the extra $10 and get the new Steel Black controller. It was that or the Midnight Blue, which also looks nice. I thought I might tire of the Blue so went more traditional with the Steel Black and it looks and feels nice. The matte finish is a smooth, cool fit in the hands. The center pad/button (forget what it’s called now) also has the matte finish. Gonna give it a test drive slaying the demented in Bloodborne now. I guess I’ve got no excuses now when I die.

If the other guy is getting better, then you'd better be getting better faster than he's getting better, or you're getting worse.

KratosMD

@Th3solution I think it was a great idea to buy a new controller, it will make future gaming much more enjoyable for you knowing that you're playing with a brand new controller. Playing with crappy triggers or control sticks, even while it's entirely possible, does not provide the most optimal experience you can have. I'm sure you'll appreciate playing Bloodborne more now that you have a better controller.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic