Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 10,078

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 yeah i know you do, but i don't think it would have worked over there not with the way they were

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

kyleforrester87

@FullbringIchigo haha I agree, sometimes it just makes you want to bury your face into a wall. It’s @Octane not doing his job properly at the end of the day, spends too much time hanging out around here I reckon.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo tbf any censorship article on this site tends to get pretty nasty. I'm all for people having their own opinions, but some people are so single minded they will not even listen to any rhyme or reason from the the other point of view.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder i know right, i always say if your going to put forward your opinion then you have to accept that others will put theirs forward too, they may not agree with yours but you should at least respect it

@kyleforrester87 can you blame him, it's a lot nicer here than it is over there

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 well someone has to be held accountable i suppose

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 @FullbringIchigo I thought you were blaming Spider-Man for the state on the NO forums then lol.

Yeah there are certain subjects I avoid commenting on too.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder yeah i'm learning to as well, some comment sections you know to avoid just by the title

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo I wish all talk about censorship was censored. It brings crazy people with even crazier self righteousness. Just think about what is being censored and who is objecting. You can't possibly have a reasonable discussion.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy oh i agree what...[THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED BECAUSE IT WAS TALKING ABOUT CENSORSHIP AND ALL TALK OF CENSORSHIP IS CENSORED]

BAMozzy

I can see some virtue in buying a Pro now. Not everyone will upgrade to Pro on Day 1 and, if its still 17months away, you can benefit from 17 months of the best Playstation experience possible - visually and in game performance tests too. In the majority of games, they not only look better (even on a 1080p TV), the run better, load quicker etc too. At the very least, all the games can benefit a bit from the 'boost' mode. If you have a 4k TV, the advantages are even more obvious. In some games, you can get the 'base' PS4 visuals but get double the Frame rate instead.

Trade in value will be better for a Pro than a PS4/Slim - assuming you do trade in. If not, you still have the 'best' PS4 on the market, the one that does 'gaming' better than any other PS4. If you do have a 2nd TV, regardless of whether its only HD or not, you get the best PS4 experience - regardless of what PS5 offers.

I don't trade so perhaps that's playing into my bias. I am not thinking about scrapping/trading in my PS4 Pro on Day1 just because a PS5 hits the market and my PS4 Pro will be kept regardless. It will be in my Bedroom on my 2nd TV, replacing my PS3 (which hasn't been turn on in years) when I do upgrade. In the mean time, I have the best PS4 to get the best visual and frame rate performance in ALL games, inc the multitude of games already owned let alone all those new games to come. Depends on how much this ageing generation declines, with less than full HD and locked frame rates, at the very least a Pro will ensure I don't have to put up with dynamic scaling below 1080p and probably get the smoother game-play too.

With the PS5 relatively close, although still a LONG way off in the world of tech and gaming, there are some variables that may make the decision to buy a Pro less compelling. If you have a fully working PS4 already, don't yet have a 4k TV, happy to make do with what you have because you can't miss out on something if you don't know exactly what that 'something' feels like and someone who will definitely buy a PS5 on Launch day and certainly trading in your PS4 to offset the cost, then maybe its not necessarily worth spending out that much more for the short term benefits (as in the benefits you get from the Pro between now and Day1 PS5 launch). If, on the other hand, you have to buy a 'new' PS4 now, the choice to spend a little bit more (relatively) for something that is literally 2 PS4 GPU's bolted together, an avid gamer where performance and load times matter, find the less than 1080p quality too soft (certainly is on a 4k screen), someone who is going to get hundreds, even thousands of hours in the next 17/18mths until the PS5 releases, potentially going to keep hold of your PS4 just in case or have a 2nd TV to connect it too, It makes more sense to buy a Pro - oh and if you need an Optical Audio out too. I don't currently know what the price differential is but at launch, the difference new was £100 - £100 to improve all your games, some by a small amount, others by a larger amount. H:ZD and GoW looked absolutely incredible in 4k HDR as does GTSport too by all accounts even if its just CB 1800p and upscaled to 4k before sending to TV. Some of the Vistas in H:ZD in 4k HDR are breathtaking!! I know they can be HDR on a regular PS4, but very few HD HDR TV's exist and on a 4k HDR TV, there is a 'softer' look - due to the upscaling...

As I said, I maybe bias but I want to play games at the highest level within certain parameters - ie Console only and 4k HDR content to match the quality of my display. If you think games look great now at 1080p SDR on your HD TV, they look softer on a 4k TV - thanks to upscaling by 400% to fit the screen (on other words, only a quarter of the picture is rendered), and HDR makes the SDR look flat by comparison - at least on a 'proper' HDR TV that has a large colour volume and superb contrast with excellent and bright Highlights - at the very least a decent tone mapping algorithm.I can't say if I will upgrade to the Ps5 on day 1 as I will also be looking at Xbox too, trying to decide which to buy first (if I can't get both immediately) so if I have to make do with my Pro (or X) for a few months after the next gen release, I have the 'best' console(s) to do so...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo @kyleforrester87 I think I'll add FF7 Remake to subjects to avoid after seeing some comments in the cross dressing article.

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder if you want to talk about the remake head over to the forums and the official Final Fantasy thread, it's normally pretty civil over there

but yeah i get you it's got pretty bad over there

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Yeah I get ya, it's just annoying that some people feel they have to attack people for something that was that bad.

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder that's the problem with the internet, people are safe behind their screens at home so they will say what they want, without filter because there is no repercussion for their actions

in the real world if some people said half of what they did online they would get a fist to the face

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 hey don't paint us all with the same brush, it's only a small minority but the sad thing is social media has given them the loudest voice, just like with most other fandoms such as the Star Wars, Star Trek and Doctor Who ones right now

personally i believe all social media should be banned until the human race can actually be social to one another

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo @kyleforrester87 You guys have got nothing on the Sonic fandom.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic