Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 10,056

Th3solution

You guys are motivating me to clear out some of my useless apps. I have three pages and probably 90% of my usage is about 3-4 apps. I have several apps that I downloaded and have never even opened once. What else am I going to do with all this memory? 😜

And I had to look it up, but yes, I didn’t know “chit” was “a short official note, memorandum, or voucher, typically recording a sum owed.“ Word of the day. You British and your crazy words.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder Walking talking Jesus! That would drive me mental!

@Th3solution But.... why did you download them...

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON @Th3solution I'm pretty good at getting rid of apps I don't use. I don't see the point of keeping them otherwise. I'm the same with games on my ps4, if I'm never gonna play them they get deleted. And I have 5TB of storage so it's not about saving space or anything.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @KALofKRYPTON Lol, I have the opposite problem, I think I’m a digital hoarder. I think it’s a mental thing where I justify that you never know, I just might need that photo editing app, or that fancy alarm app, or that radio app ... even though I’ve never used any of them. The phone even has that built in function to tell you the apps you never use and recommends deletion and I just ignore its suggestions.
Why did I download them in the first place? I guess it started back when the App Store had promos a couple years ago where they had a free app of the week. My PS Plus mind had trained me to always just claim the free item while it’s free and hold onto it just in case I want it later. So it started with that. 😋

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

Yo, I've been away for a week and unexpectedly had no internet access. What did I miss?

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Tasuki

Sorry guys but posting vidoes of expolits, hacks etc. Is not allowed here I am afraid. If you want to continue to discuss it you will have to go somewhere else I am afaird.

Thanks for understanding

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Apparently the memo that nobody says "yo" any more.

Welcome back all the same!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

Ah man! I missed my 2 year Push Square anniversary. Ah well. Happy belated Anniversary to me. 😑

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Congratulations on lasting another 365+4 days!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks, my friend. It seems much longer than 2 years, but it seems to have flown by at the same time. I do still feel like a young pup on here compared to some of these old-timers who’ve been PushSquarians (to borrow your term) for eons.

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution wow i thought you had been here a lot longer than that

on a side note i just checked and i have been here since 1st February 2013, i had no idea i had been here that long

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Th3solution

@FullbringIchigo yeah, it seems longer, although I was a lurker for a while. 6 years is a long time though! It will be 2023 by the time I celebrate 6 years. By then we’ll all be playing PS5’s mid cycle games on PSVR2 and Vita 2 (I can dream) and talking about how awesome 8K gaming looks and how Horizon Zero Dawn 3 is about to be released early access on the Sony cloud streaming service, along with FF7 part 4.

@KratosMD Lol, ah yes... Danganronpa memories. Believe it or not I never have got around to Danganronpa V3 yet.
And I’m just glad to be remembered! Hopefully the moniker did that — Mission accomplished! 😜

Edited on by Th3solution

Gremio108

@RogerRoger I will continue to fight for the use of 'yo' as a greeting. Once that campaign has been successful I will turn my attention to 'howdy'.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Wisely skipping over "s'up" and "top 'o the mornin' to ya" there, I see.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Kidfried Haha, I like it. It sounds very... medieval. Like we’re all squires in the service of the lords of the Tower.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried @Th3solution Probably why I came up with an alternative; I hate fantasy, after all.

Although the term "squire" also predisposes that we're all male around here, and one should never assume (this month of all months).

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

I had a surgical consultation this morning regarding my right eye.

What I had hoped to be a discussion about a relatively simple procedure that would restore my ability to wear a rigid contact lens for vision, was anything but.

Unfortunately - it seems that outside of a limited trial that is currently unavailable, my sole surgical option at this a corneal transplant, which suffice to say, wasn't what I was expecting!
I see it as a last resort - there are possible lens options which I'm going to see (BOOM BOOM!) about next week.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

kyleforrester87

@KALofKRYPTON that sucks. I have been worried about my eyes in recent years, every 12 months I’ve had a bought of uveitis which seems to be linked to the arthritis which I suffer from. Basically means a trip to A&E, eye drops every hour and 6-8 weeks of not being able to see properly out of one eye, it’s a right pain. I’m just coming to the end of the latest flare up and hopefully my vision will be back to normal in a couple more weeks.

It’s scary stuff the prospect of degrading/losing eye sight, I hope you manage to get sorted out.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic