Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 10,090

Th3solution

Well, I just discovered the way to completely ruin a game you’re enjoying — play it competitively online.
R.I.P. Injustice 2.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Frigate Yeah, I think you’re right about people who play said game nonstop. It’s why I went to the unranked rooms, but it made no difference. It was still intense.
Not to mention, I heard the n-word more times in that 15 minutes today than I’d heard in the last 5 years. I don’t need that in my life. Perhaps I’m bitter because I got decimated like 4 times in a row.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Frigate Yeah, I’m no pious patronizing moral zealot, and I realize a little smack-talking is part of it, I understand, but it’s pretty ridiculous out there. People get personal, ill-mannered and downright insolent. I didn’t find a way to mute the other players, so I suffered through it because I wanted to hear the sound effects and game music.
I dislike the same practice of name-calling and insults among players in professional sports. It’s a real turn-off. In what other profession can you talk to your co-workers that way? 😂 Next time I get my TPS report in quicker than Jane from across the cubicle I’m gonna be like, “H*%# yeah, you lousy &%#!. Who’s your daddy?! I roasted you, ya #@*%! You suck!”

Jaz007

@KratosMD Welcome back man! It's good to see you again. I hope everything went well during your break from the site.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I think it differs for each game on muting other players. You could always start your own party chat of one person. Don't invite anyone. Complete guaranteed silence.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution if i'm in a game where you can't mute the chat, i just plug in a headset and leave it on the floor or something, that way it doesn't come through the TV

it's a lot easier to ignore that way

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

So I guess today my son becomes an adult. Graduation day is upon us!! I honestly was afraid he wasn't going to get this far, we had some bumpy times through out his school years, especially freshman year, but I am glad he stuck through it. I just wish his grandmother was here to celebrate it with us but she is here in spirit.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

KALofKRYPTON

@Tasuki Sweet! Congrat's!

My daughter is still in the year 7 (start of high school) 'goody-two-shoes' mode, so I'm just hoping that lasts forever!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON HA! not a chance in hell

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

So, today my phone received the Android 9 Pie update... Wish I hadn't updated.

Couple of small changes are mindbogglingly infuriating and it seems that it's stuff that Google has baked in to Android now.

So far:

• Notification bar clock has moved to the left. This is way more annoying than it should be - but it's really rather distracting!
  • Do not disturb functionality has completely changed. No longer at all convenient to use.
    • Worst of the worst, physical volume keys now only control the media volume. This. Is. Dumb. It's been an Xperia thing for a while that when you use the physical volume keys without a media app focused, that the default would be it alter the overall notification volume of the phone; from full down to vibrate, then to DND. This was contextual, so if a media app was outputting audio, then the media audio would be controlled; and also, there was a drop-down arrow always present to switch between whichever volume you wanted to move the sliders for.
      All that is gone in Pie. Just the one slider for media and a toggle for sound/vibrate/DND' Literally can't adjust the phone ringer volume without going in to the phone settings!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
If not, she seems on course to be a bit of a K-Pop-Goth! I can live with that

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Congratulations, both to your son for graduating and to you for being a great parent!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON I think you can change what the volume buttons change by default. Should be in the settings somewhere.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder You can't, and it isn't - this is baked in to Pie (Boom Boom) now.
I've found an app that gets around it - but I'm yet to test it with media playing to see if it switches properly. I'm guessing it won't though.

FullbringIchigo

hey do we have an E3 thread anywhere, i thought being this close to it there would be a place we could talk about it? @Tasuki

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON I able to do it on my phone, under Settings - Sounds - Default Volume Button Control.

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder not on my Xperia running Android 9.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic