Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 3,156

Thrillho

What games are on the horizon that people are looking forward to?

Days Gone doesn’t really interest me and Dreams isn’t really my thang. Borderlands 3 is the only game I can think of off the top of my head that I’m looking forward to this year.

Thrillho

DerMeister

@Thrillho I personally am looking forward to Dreams, and Mortal Kombat 11, which comes out next week. For the rest of the year, there's CTR Nitro Fueled, Samurai Shodown, and I'm considering Judgement (Only played one Yakuza game, but it still looks interesting).

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

KALofKRYPTON

@Thrillho Samurai Showdown looks pretty hot!

Really though - having gotten Elite: Dangerous and with a couple of games (Battlefront 2/Yarney) going cheap on the store - there's nothing that's massively peaked my interest.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Gremio108

@Thrillho Yep, mainly Borderlands 3 for me at the moment.

Since the PS5 reveal I might try and dedicate most of my gaming time to the PS4 games I feel like I should have played. Horizon, Edith Finch, the recent Assassin's Creed games, stuff like that.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

KALofKRYPTON

@Thrillho That said... Adeptus Titanicus could be pretty awesome...

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

kyleforrester87

Honestly not a lot - FF7 Remake is obligatory but beyond that nothing is really singing to me. But that's the way it is for me in more recent years. Awesome games just sneak up on me. Like Sekiro

The prospect of a Resi 3 remake is also very cool. And I am keen to one day play Death Stranding.

Over on the Switch front I am looking forward to Links Awakening and the next big Zelda game.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

Right now, my year is literally Team Sonic Racing and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, not counting any ongoing DLC schedules for games I already own.

Which I'm totally fine with, by the way. Looking forward to some replays and backlog-clearing!

But I do have a sneaking suspicion that there'll be a LEGO Star Wars game announced over the summer, scheduled for launch before Christmas.

Edited on by RogerRoger

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

Well Jessica Curry, composer for Everybody’s Gone To the Rapture and Dear Esther liked a tweet where I mentioned her and I nearly wet myself. I probably need a life.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Rage 2 and The Outer Worlds, haven't decided if they are day 1 purchases yet. Apart from that like others trying to clear some games from by backlog.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@Thrillho The only games I have played from 2019 is Apex Legends and T99 on Switch.

I'm going to buy Blood and Truth and Angry Pigs VR to play them concurrently. (pigs to chill out if I get tired)

I've had my eye on Devil May Cry too which I may give a whirl.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 it's funny you mention that. A few years ago I had quite a few games I wanted. The games mentioned in my previous comment are in the 'should be okay for a bit' rather than the 'omfg I can't wait' category.

Next year will be good. 2019 has a 2012 vibe to it. Good games are available but it's all stuff we have seen before. Bring on the next gen.

Edited on by themcnoisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy yeah exactly. As I’ve said before I prefer the earlier years of a new gen. Games releasing infrequently really mean you savour them all. Fez, Valiant Hearts, Transistor, Child of Light, Axiom Verge, Towerfall... awesome games I wouldn’t have given a second look at if they had dropped in 2017/18/19.

kyleforrester87

Ryall

For me it would be Trials of Cold Steel 3. Although that’s more for the continuation of the story. I don’t expect it to do anything innovative gameplay wise. @Thrillho

Ryall

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 resogun, rogue legacy, super time force, the Witness and of course fez.

Throw in infamous, the order 1886 even Watchdogs. Games that reviewed pretty mediocre - I loved playing them all.

But now the best games with new experiences are on psvr, it's just too restrictive for me to have set up and use all of the time. I absolutely love it of course but it's just not convenient.

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy PSVR is probably the equivalent to you as the Vita was to me at the end of the last gen. I hardly touched my PS3 in its final year aside from Diablo 3 - it was all about the Vita.

I’m all down for VR, at this point I’m going to just get the revision with the next PS, assuming that’s the way they go.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 It's weird actually. I'm crying out for convenience but don't bother with the switch. PSVR is brilliant.

That said so was Celeste after my whinging lol. The pico version of the game is brilliant and you cant cheat. I ran the first proper area of the main game today and didn't lose a life and got the 1 up trophy on route. I wish the invincibilty was taken out though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic