Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 10,087

Th3solution

@Jaz007 No way! Bonkers, man. That’s awful. You have to sleep in the airport? That can’t be comfortable 😧

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Not watched Eurovision for years as it is way too political now. Plus Australia is competing? What?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Haruki_NLI

Boy the hunt for a good PS4 Pro deal in the UK is tough...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

QualityGeezer

@Knuckles-Fajita I got lucky because my mate works in game so had a discount but at their current prices your best of waiting till the ps5

QualityGeezer

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 Duuuude, that's a rough experience; hope you're alright!

@themcnoisy The only good thing about Eurovision is the excuse to eat snacks! Well, that and Graham Norton throwing snark around like it's going out of fashion. I do miss the glory days of Wogan, but he's a decent (and logical, given the high camp of the whole thing) replacement.

The political voting does make me laugh, though.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Haruki_NLI

@Frigate @QualityGeezer I'm picking up a PS4 Pro regardless, this Friday, since I get paid, and I want to experience various things like RAGE 2 at 60fps, but I know my PC, despite having raw specs over PS4 Pro and close to Xbox One X, won't manage, given I also hook it up to my new 4k TV.

Basically girls and their toys

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RogerRoger

I just won my first ever eBay auction. Some automated bot tried to outbid me with ten seconds left on the clock, but fortunately I'd increased my maximum threshold ten minutes beforehand.

From now on, I swear, it'll be "Buy It Now" or bust.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

Putting this in the right thread to avoid derailment.
Well, after a bit more than 32 hours in the airport, I’m finally on a plane. Whew.

Jaz007

DerMeister

Took a while, but I finally got around to getting a new PS3 controller. Now I can take on my sizable PS3 backlog.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

JohnnyShoulder

It's the build upto E3 so here come the leaks. It really does make the whole thing a bit pointless these days.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Tasuki

@JohnnyShoulder I think that's why alot of companies aren't doing E3 this year. Why spend all that money on something just to have it leak and kill the excitement. I use to E3 and follow it and such but now I rarely get excited for it anymore cause as you said everything gets leaked before hand. Now it's just more like oh ok that's coming out this summer or next fall. It's not like OH MY GOD THATS THE NEXT ELDER SCROLLS!!!.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki Yeah I've not been hyped for it in years now. The presentations are usually a snore fest and I usually just end up watching a recap or something on you tube.

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles It's really difficult to avoid leaks, rumours and speculation these days as most gaming sites have them plasterered over the main page.

Th3solution

I’m fascinated by how Sony is just randomly throwing out major updates on things we’ve been speculating about for years. Like the PS5. Now it looks like Death Stranding may come out this year (we’ll see if all this hubbub is legit). And maybe the stuff about WiLD and TLoU2 is fake, who knows, but I wouldn’t be surprised at this point. It’s like Sony has such confidence in their products that they can stealthily drop info without fanfare and they know the public is going to just eat it up.

On a related note, I do think they need to push Dreams and Concrete Genie in a more traditional way though. These games are probably not going to make a splash like the big three and are likely to be overshadowed if Sony doesn’t push some marketing to increase the public consciousness.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution That's always the danger with new innovations; you need to make a big fanfare to get people on board, because otherwise they just remain confused.

Whilst I fully applaud Sony's new approach to the way they interact with the gaming media (sorry, traditional journalists and E3 fans, but somebody had to break things up and I'm glad it's the current market leader, because then the changes might actually take hold) they can't just flip a switch and be all "this is how things are now" across the board. Games like The Last of Us 2 generate headlines even when you're not making announcements, but Dreams needs the full support of Sony marketing.

Because once it's out there and secured a foothold, Dreams will generate its own headlines every single day, thanks to the imagination and creative talent out there amongst the gaming community.

Making It So Since 1987

DerMeister

@KratosMD Long time no see! How's everything?

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Th3solution

@KratosMD Whoah!! Hey, how are things? I think you had a new job or something ... how’s it working out?

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD Same shizzle, different bizzle...

my nizzle...

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic