Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 10,087

Rudy_Manchego

I would say Twin Snakes is the best. Because I bought a mint version and I want to drive its value up, one forum at a time...

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ha, ha! I was mostly just goading you. 😄
Actually, if I’m consistent with my previous posts somewhere in the past on these forums I’m pretty sure I’ve established my preferences as MGS3 was the best and MGS5 was second. It’s been a long time and I need to replay Snake Eater for sure. And I actually never played 2 to completion I don’t think. That should be my priority is to get a better full playthrough of Sons of Liberty.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

@Rudy_I used to buy and sell copies of Twin Snakes at one point, you could get it for a tenner on Gumtree and sell it for £50 elsewhere. Then people cottoned on. Still, I made a couple of hundred out of it lol.

Kept one copy, of course

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

HallowMoonshadow

I figured @Th3solution ... hence why I came up with the stupidest reasons to like MGS 1 & 3 over 5

Daaaaaamn @kyleforrester87 ... that was a pretty nice thing you had going... wish I'd thought of that 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

DerMeister

I've beaten MGS, Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater, and Guns of the Patriots multiple times over several years.

I've yet to beat Phantom Pain even though I've owned it for two years.

To be fair, Phantom Pain is amazing until you hit chapter 2.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Th3solution

@DerMeister I’ve said this on the forums before, so I apologize if it comes across as redundant, but I actually really liked the ending of The Phantom Pain. The reveals made at the end were a great payoff, imo. I know that there supposedly was a third chapter that was planned and Kojima wasn’t allowed to finish it the way he originally wanted, but if you didn’t know that, then the story wouldn’t seem the least bit incomplete. Yes, the mission structure suffers a lot in that second half and the repetition is hard to defend. But the narrative is really good to me. Maybe I’m just too dense, but I didn’t see that twist coming! I won’t spoil it since you haven’t finished it, but it really does wrap the story up pretty well.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 Well I did buy my copy from a dodgy bloke in a pub down south. Seemed like a cyclist type...

Though my copy was cheaper. Ish.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

@PushSquare Sorry! A few days ago I had to reinstall my laptop's browser, and apparently it turned AdBlock back on for this site. If you all can't pay the rent at the end of the month, just send the sharks after me.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@get2sammyb Send the sharks which shoot wasps from there mouths after him!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DerMeister

Not sure where else to post this, but a couple days ago, the towers in Mortal Kombat 11 got that patch it needed. For those who don't know, the Towers of Time mode was plagued by rough difficulty, and overall felt stacked against the player. After the patch, it's now far more manageable. The AI is easier, the modifiers against the player seem to have been nerfed (Notably, the assists have longer cooldowns), the koins for dragon challenges have been increased (previously, you got 100 koins for each dragon challenge, now it's 1000), and prices for the boxes in the krypt have been reduced a bit, so now the game feels less grindy.

Felt I should post it, as I haven't seen an article here about it.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

RogerRoger

This might've been the first Bank Holiday weekend where I've done the traditional thing of constructing flat-pack furniture and other small DIY tasks...

...were it not for the fact that I did it all on Thursday. So close!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha so close indeed @RogerRoger

I'm meanwhile just doing lesson plans...

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ZeD

@RogerRoger I will be heading to IKEA this Monday so that night I will be building more flat pack. Already built and entire bedroom last month BUT as a bonus I treated my self to a new OLED TV to place on the furniture I built

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

Playing Dark Souls 1 at the moment, made it all the way through the catacombs and that other pitch black area (tomb of giants?) came to a locked door. I thought the second bell was down there 😂 horrific trying to get out again. Took hours falling about in the dark. Found a torch eventually which helped. I think I did that area way early lol

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Ha ha yeah I think most people go that way when they first play Dark Souls. I didn't go there till much later in the game. I know some people hated, but I really liked it, proper scary like.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

Does it matter? Even their full releases feel like early access, so what's the difference?

Octane

RogerRoger

@ZeD How went the flatpacks?

Tomorrow I'm building a new desk, just so that I can measure the available space before buying the biggest monitor possible for my forthcoming PC.

Always good to have something to put on the furniture you build!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic