Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 10,090

Jaz007

So, I was on YouTube one day after midnight, and found this crazy J-pop song and video. Crazier yet, it says it’ll be showed at the 2020 Olympics. I am very excited for that if it’s true, which given it’s from a bands official channe, it very well could be. I don’t think the world is ready, but I might watch those Olympics jut to see when this is shown and what the worlds reaction is.

Jaz007

Octane

Weird off-topic; CD Projekt Red confirmed that The Witcher franchise has sold 33 million copies:

The first two games weren't as successful as far as I know, so that means the TW3 was a huge success. Way bigger than I initially thought.

Octane

Tasuki

@Octane It's no surprise that Witcher 3 was better selling then it predecessors since they were PC exclusives. Witcher 2 was ported to the Xbox 360 but it was a sloppy port.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

@Tasuki The Witcher 2 on XB360 wasn't 'sloppy' at all!! Its a great port considering the hardware in the old 360 and it didn't drop frames as bad as Skyrim did! Its now one of the X enhanced games and it looks even better now. It was 88 on Metacritic (the 360 version) which also tells you it wasn't a Sloppy port at all...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Th3solution

My original Dual Shock 4 is on its last leg. One of the triggers stick and the surface of the analogs are worn through to the plastic. I decided to splurge the extra $10 and get the new Steel Black controller. It was that or the Midnight Blue, which also looks nice. I thought I might tire of the Blue so went more traditional with the Steel Black and it looks and feels nice. The matte finish is a smooth, cool fit in the hands. The center pad/button (forget what it’s called now) also has the matte finish. Gonna give it a test drive slaying the demented in Bloodborne now. I guess I’ve got no excuses now when I die.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@KratosMD Yeah, so far so good. I am still working on the Cleric Beast though. Got his health down to half. Ugh. Fortunately with the shortcut, I can run up to him pretty quick.
But yes, the new controller is nice. I also now can have one charging and switch out for long play sessions, since the DS4 battery life is piss poor.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Th3solution The mk2 controllers last forever. I went through 3 pads early doors, grabbed the new ds4 when it released and a spare one just in case. Ive never even opened the box for the spare one.

@Wesker yeah the redesign is really bad actually. Eurogamers site was easy to navigate and use, its still better than average but looks alot like polygons (which im not a fan of either).I read 1 article yesterday and was hit by 2 moving adverts and 2 imbedded adverts just as part of the article. I probably wont be using it too much anymore.

Im not one to moan about the good ol days, yet Eurogamers really going backwards - a number of articles have historic inaccuracies, which are almost always pointed out in the comments, The games coverage of a weekend is awful and the taste in games leaves a lot to be desired.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I've got live three controllers (Red, Blue and White) and two that are dead. I've never liked the feel of the controllers since the 360 days as my hands can get quite sweaty and the controller then gets a bit mucky. So I always put silicone skins which make em feel a lot better. I also find that my thumbs would sometimes lose grip on the thumbsticks, so I have thumb grips on em. My other problem with the controllers is the batteries life is a bit pants and I wish there was an option to turn off the light bar completely.

Hope your new controller helps you in the fight in Bloodborne!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I guess I’m pretty lucky that I’ve been able to subsist on a single controller this whole time. My main gripe with it has been the poor battery life and without a second one, I’ve had to connect directly to the PS4 after long gaming sessions. I was always too cheap to drop another $50 on an extra. I’m looking forward to this new DS4 v.2 because supposedly the battery life is longer. The grips on the analog sticks do feel different— more sticky. And the trigger buttons have a slight different feel which I’m not sure I particularly like any better. But overall it is great to have a second controller. My original still works so I can still use it for games like walking sims and VN and low intensity action games where a slight delay in using the trigger won’t matter.
But the new one got me past the cleric beast last night! Finally my first trophy in BB, after about 5 hours worth of play 😂

Kidfried

I've spent quite some money on controllers already. I don't know if it's me playing so much on my PS4 or the durability of the things. It's hard to compare!

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution hold on, Sony are releasing a revamped DS4, how did i miss that?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

I have found that the DS4 is not very hard wearing. I have DS3's that are still 'perfect' (although the in-built batteries are no longer as long lasting or even holding a charge anymore) in that all the sticks, buttons etc are still working as expected. I find that the DS4 lasts me about 3-6months - depends on the hours I spend and type of game as FPS games, games where you often have to press the left thumbstick down for long periods as you are running, destroy DS4's. The thumbstick drops on the shaft and it affects the ability to run - and on the V2 versions as well but at least the rubber lasts better. I don't think the XB1 original controller was as well built as the 360 - thinner plastics? That being said, I found these lasted a bit longer than the DS4.

As I said, I had little issues with the DS3 or XB360 controllers in terms of durability - these would last really well so its not that I am particularly rough on controllers. I haven't needed to buy a new XB1 controller though - not since I bought n Xbox Elite controller but I still find I need to buy a DS4 controller every few months. If I felt comfortable in taking these apart, I would certainly swap out the thumbsticks for better quality ones.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Th3solution

@FullbringIchigo I’m not a 100% sure, but it appears the upgrade came out with the slim a while back. I’m just late to the party since I’ve been rockin’ the launch console this whole time. So the newer version with better battery, a light on the touch pad, and the ability to connect to the PS4 via USB (and not just Bluetooth) for decreased lag in those that want it — that has been out for a while. You may have v2 and not even know it if you have a slim. Here’s a video showing the differences if you’re interested:

JohnnyShoulder

I've got a couple of v2 dual shock 4's and to be honest I've not noticed the longer battery life. Maybe ever so slightly but nothing to shout about. Maybe that is offset by the extra light?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution oh sweet, i've been looking into getting a new controller for my PS4, my original (launch version by the way) is starting to have charging issues, it won't charge if it's in use so i have to charge it in standby mode

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Maybe it’s rumor and conjecture about the battery life. People still complain about the lousy battery life so you’re probably right that it’s not received a significant upgrade. I couldn’t actually find official Sony statements about the differences in the versions, all I see online is unofficial descriptions of what was changed and battery life was mentioned.

Octane

How do you guys break your controllers so fast? I still use my original DS4. I've never broken a controller before. The only thing I've ever replaced was the original white Remote cause it got all greasy and yellow from... existing?

Octane

Tasuki

Kidfried wrote:

I've spent quite some money on controllers already. I don't know if it's me playing so much on my PS4 or the durability of the things. It's hard to compare!

I had the same problem with the original DS4. I was going through those like nothing and I really don't play that much video games as compared to some others. I went through 6 DS4 controllers since launch. One stopped charging, two the left analog stick would get off centered, another one kept dropping it's connection, one the right analog stick got off centered and the last one all the rubber on the sticks came off. For $60 controllers they were P.O.S. but to be honest I have always had problems with Sony controllers. I can't even begin to count how many PS2 controllers I went through.

Back to the DS4 though the last two I bought a white one and red one I have had quite some time and both are working fine not sure if they are the second version since I don't know how to tell them apart but I suspect they are since they have lasted as long as they have. Also I noticed that the rubber coating on the sticks felt different and hasn't come off at all unlike my launch DS4s.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD That's a good point. Yeah overall v2 is an improvement, apart from the extra light imo. I really don't like the light bar! 😂

@Tasuki The v2 were available from September 16, if you bought it after then it would be a v2.

@Octane My dead ones didn't break, i just got annoyed with em due to the battery not lasting long.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic