Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 10,056

kyleforrester87

@Kidfried fact is franchises like Zelda, Mario and Pokemon are flat out crazy popular and have been around and going so long they have some crazy fans. Sony don’t tend to stick with franchises long enough in comparison.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Tasuki

@Kidfried That's a good point that Sony and Microsoft for that reason too have a better online community via PSN and Xbox Live. People can share accomplishments and such much easier on PSN/Xbox Live heck they can even connect their other social Media Sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc to their PSN/Xbox Live Profiles. I get a trophy for example for beating God of War it pops up on my Facebook as well so all my friends their see it as well. Nintendo there is no way of sharing that stuff except on a website like NintendoLife.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki yeah but the mega fans might get 4-5 years of a particular franchise then Sony move on to something else that the fan might not like so much. When Mario has been going 30 or more years (and the games are consistently good to be fair) you are gunna have some seriously die hard super fans.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@Heavyarms55 I hope the site stays quiet. After the invasion of certain peculiar posters over the last year, the community is finally getting back to its best.

Obvs the main people running the sites want the readies to be rolling In and the place to be heaving. Personally I hope it grows more naturally and slowly rather than nutcases finding their way here through clickbait.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

You all have me reminiscing about how and why I found Push Square —
I actually came here regularly at first because I had an obsession with trying to find out what the PlayStation Plus games are going to be for the next month before they are announced. I used to scour the internet starting at the middle of each month looking for rumors or leaks about what the games might be. I’d even indulge in reading all the random predictions. I came to Push Square routinely through Google because each month they have the “What PS Plus games do you want for [name the next month]?” and I’d read the simple little article and then all the baseless speculation in the comments, hoping for a nugget of truth so I could plan my game purchases accordingly.

Then I just gradually read more and more articles. I was attracted by the great sense of collegiality and the way the staff were so responsive to the community. In retrospect, I feel kinda silly that I was using Push Square just for that same monthly posting in those early days as a PS noob, ignorant at the time about all the wonderful write-ups, news articles, and forum discussions I was missing out on.

Fast-forward to today, and it’s basically the only place I get gaming news. And also it’s where I try out all my stupid jokes. Approximately 70% of my phone’s battery life is used on Push Square. 😛

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Thrillho not you lol. The trolls who desended here.

Your cool.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Rudy_Manchego

I would guess that Nintendo has a smaller but more dedicated fan base than the PS4. Nintendo. These are the people that bought the Wii U and supported that. Combine that with the emergence of the Switch, I would say that makes a big difference. If you want proof, give Breath of the Wild a 7/10 and see whats happens...

Seriously though, I think PS4 has a far broader demographic and this is exemplified in the types of games that Push Square has to cater for. PS4 houses the big name 'casual' games, like FIFA or COD, the first party third part content, indie games, japanese games, MMO's etc. It is a real mix and you can see that with the community here. I am not really into JRPG's but there is a firm contingent here who buy Sony consoles for their breadth of these titles.

Also, we have @themcnoisy and @kyleforrester87 who are just the worst trolls ever. They seem to swat my house every other day and are always sending me online abuse about difficulty levels in games, Spiderman and my love of motion heavy VR games.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego "'...casual' games, like FIFA or COD..." =O

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Rudy_Manchego

@KALofKRYPTON HA HA -I am totally courting controversy. Come at me y'all. Seriously though, I probably should have said mainstream. Darn those filthy casuals.

@kyleforrester87 I know.. I guessed that is why I received 200 pizzas last night (and Hawaiian, which just adds insult to injury).

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 Hawaiian pizza is cultural appropriation and I am 100% right about difficulty and accessibility settings in games. This is the internet. I can't be wrong. Ever.

Kidfried

@Rudy_Manchego If you want to be right, go find another echo chamber. Here on Push Square we eat pineapple on our pizza.

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

By the power invested in me from a random buzzfeed poll, I declare all of Push Square wrong about Hawaiian pizza. However, I argued for inclusive difficulty on games so I guess I have to be inclusive about Pizza.

I draw the line at freaking eggs on pizza though.

Octane

Pineapple on pizza is a bannable offence on NLife.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic