Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 10,077

Heavyarms55

At a glance, I have to say, after using Push Square for a couple weeks now, it seems like it gets a LOT less traffic than NintendoLife. I found NL first because I am admitted a much bigger fan of Nintendo and at the time I was looking for anything and everything I could find talking about the up Nintendo NX (Switch)... I started frequenting Push Square too after realizing I can use the same account and it just seems like there is less going on here. Less comments on articles and less people in the forums.

Because there is more competition for Sony video game information I am guessing?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Rudy_Manchego

I just changed my PSN ID finally to, well, Rudy_Manchego. Going to see how badly my PS4 is broken afterward. Note, if my Sekiro save file has gone fudge up, I will probably destroy my PS4.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@Heavyarms55 I think I know less PlayStation specific websites than I know Nintendo websites. In fact, Push Square is pretty much the only one I know of that focuses solely on PlayStation.

The positive side is that it's very easy to ask specific questions in the comment section of previews and reviews for example, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a reply from the editor.

Octane

Jaz007

I finally changed my name! Wooo!

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Heavyarms55 Why does one site have more visitors than the other. There's a lot of possible reasons. I don't think it boils down to one thing. I don't really care either way. Push Square is fine this way; don't need it to be bigger.

@kyleforrester87 If you like him so much, why don't you at him.

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 Me too. He is the kind of character that if he didn't exist on a Nintendo site, they'd have to create him.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Heavyarms55 I'm gonna make a wild generalisation (I kinda hate it when people do this, but it might answer your question) and say that Nintendo's fanbase is possibly younger than PlayStation's and, since young people have more free time to spend online, they might account for the greater activity on this Nintendo site of which you speak.

I wouldn't say there's competition for my PlayStation news. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of another PlayStation-centric news website. And if PushSquare were any bigger / busier, I would likely end up posting less, because this place currently has an awesome "mates hanging out" vibe.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Why are his eyes purple? Who has purple eyes?

Because yes, that's what I'm choosing to focus on.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Ah. Obviously. Silly me.

But then I never was very good at accessorising. I'd be the unfashionable fool who thought it easier to change his shorts, not his eyes.

Or I'd put in red eyes to match the gloves, and then wonder why people were scared of me.

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

@RogerRoger The age demographic on NLife is pretty much the same as on PushSquare. At least, until that was still public info on your profile.

I think there are actually plenty of people playing Fortnite or FIFA on their PS4, and not interested in online talk about actual games

Octane

kyleforrester87

@Octane the mods over at NL are pretty terrible though wouldn’t you say?

And let’s be honest the gap in the mental age demographic is enormous, aside from one or two wise old nintendrones

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Tasuki

I think the main reason Nintendo Life has more traffic is the following reasons

1) Been around longer and more well know — I know alot of YouTubers and such know of NintendoLife they have mentioned it numerous times and in general people know of it more because of how long it's been around.

2) It's a Nintendocentric site. — I don't know about nowadays especially with how well the Switch is doing but back when I first found NL there really wasn't a Nintendo dedicate site. I actually found them via Google looking for a release date on VC games for the Wii. Not many sites back then even posted that stuff. Heck even at the time Nintendo didn't have their own forums it was truly the only place Nintendo fans could converse with other Nintendo fans and not have to deal with trolls and such at that time.

3) Age difference — Most people who play Nintendo games are younger generations, i.e. school age children, younger adults while Sony and Microsoft tend to attract older generations more older adults. These younger generations use stuff like online forums and such alot more. I don't believe they have more time, they just interact more often on online.

I am sure one day we will be big like NL is now but for now I kinda enjoy the smaller community.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

@Octane Still doesn't really explain the difference.

Games like Breath of the Wild and Odyssey hit the same numbers as PS4 behemoths like God of War and Horizon.

From my own experience I would call these as the reason:

• PlayStation has always had a better online community where people can gather.
  • As a grown-up it's harder to find other people liking "kiddie games" like Mario, than it is finding people playing Red Dead Redemption 2.
  • Communities like these are a bit old fashioned. Social media is where most young people are at. Nintendo has a longer legacy than Sony, so I'm not surprised it would do better on websites vs. social media.
  • Nintendo is not only a console maker, but is mostly associated with a few franchises. So I think chances are bigger that Nintendo fans have a more similar taste from each other, vs PlayStation fans, of which some grew up on Crash, others on Silent Hill, and again others on Uncharted. I tihnk PlayStation has had many different faces and focuses during their time, while Nintendo has been more constant in what their output is. So, I'm not surprised as a result Nintendo fans have more of a similar taste..

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic