Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 10,089

Octane

@Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder I've only given a 10/10 to GOW and TLOU. Because I think they do everything right; gameplay, story, visuals, polish, level of detail, etc.

The Witcher 3 for example, whilst it's an amazing game, there were quite a lot of bugs and glitches, even after countless patches. So that's definitely one thing holding it back from getting a 10 from me. Same with games like SOTC and The Last Guardian. I love them to no end, and whilst I can personally look past the controls, I can't ignore that they're wonky at best.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane Yeah my thoughts exactly on all counts. Good shout on TLOU I've forgotten about that. It may get a 10 but I need to think about it a bit more. HZD is another which may too.
For me when rating a game I look at how much I enjoyed playing the game, think of the negatives and if they marred the overall experience for me. Zelda BOTW for instance would get a 10 from me as even though I had a fair amount of quibbles with the game, they did not amount to anything that ruined my time with the game. The ending almost destroyed it though.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, BOTW, I think I gave that one a 7/10 on NLife. I've got a long list of complaints, but I do applaud them for trying something different. Definitely agree on the ending though.

I think Horizon Zero Dawn was a great game, and the combat was amazing, but it did feel like it was missing something. The story didn't really resonate with me, and I didn't like how most of the story encounters were human fights, they were definitely a low point of the game. I actually think HZD can learn a thing or two from Tomb Raider in that aspect. Also, important plot points told through voice recorders is a big no in my book

There's a lot of room for improvements, but that's what ultimately makes a sequel so interesting I think.

Octane

Octane

Coming Soon: The Last of Us Part II

Sony's April Fool's joke?

Untitled

To be fair, Control comes out in August, so ''soon'' can mean a lot of things.

Octane

jdv95

@Octane yeah i think that TLOU 2 will be the first and only game of the big 3 to release this year.

a bit of a shame cause ghost of tsushima has my interest the most.

jdv95

Octane

@jdv95 I'm looking forward to all three equally I think.

Octane

andreoni79

I'm here just to say that life sucks for me these days: from 9 am to 9 pm closed in a grey office while spring is blooming, my family and my dogs 160 kilometers away from my small stupid flat I had to move in because of my job and too tired even to play videogames.
Tomorrow, back to work. Sunday, rain.
Sounds like I need a VR set...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Kidfried

@andreoni79 That's though. Is it a temporary thing? Good luck anyway, hopefully you can find some relaxation this Sunday!

Kidfried

andreoni79

@Kidfried I really hope so, thanks. Last summer I suffered of an occupational burnout and I'll do anything to avoid a second round...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Tasuki

So I am finding out just how car dependent we have become as a society. My car died about a week and half ago to the point it's either rebuild the engine or buy a new car. Well my credit is garbage so there's no way I can get a new car and I don't know how to rebuild an engine so basically I am screwed. Lucky for me I can walk to work but as of now I am about out of food at my house and sadly where I live there are no grocery stores with in walking distance. Public transportation in my city is a complete joke. As it is I have been ordering alot of pizza but I am slowly getting sick of pizza.

Kinda wish my car got totaled at least I could get insurance money for it. So yeah as it is I am screwed now

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@Frigate Yeah it needs a rebuild. The head gasket blew as well as the cylinders it's a nightmare. Also it comes down to what else is going to go wrong with it. In the past six months I have replaced the Alternator, the water pump, and the ignition switch. Not only that but I have to register it by the end of the month and it needs to be smoged. It's a 2002 Toyota Camry and the driver's side is smashed up from a couple of accidents and there's no drive side window due to it being broken into. So yeah I won't get anything for it. I would be lucky to get $100 for it. My friend recently got a new car and called a pick n pull for his old one, it was clean minor scratches but it didn't run and they offered him $90 for it so yeah mine isn't going to get anything for it.

I have already tried an auto loan from my bank an have been turned down.

My Backlog

themcnoisy

@Tasuki You would be better going to a scrapyard mate. Its worthless as a car now.

How come your credit is so bad?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Octane

@Tasuki Is cycling an option?

I think that's the only advantage of living in one of the most populated countries; there's bound to be a grocery store within 5 to 10 minutes of walking or cycling. But trust me, that's pretty much the only advantage

What about delivery by the way? Many grocery stores have an option to deliver your groceries, but I'm not sure if that's the same in the US.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki I don't drive either and get my groceries delivered to me. Then I get whatever bits I need from local the convenience store, or the supermarket that is close to work. Before that I would either walk to the nearest supermarket (about 15 mins) or get a bus to the bigger one a bit further away. The only problem with that is you can only carry so much. I would never go back to that way.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

themcnoisy

@Tasuki You could raise some money by selling your game and console collection....

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Woah, let’s not get out of hand. Not the game’s and consoles.
But ... We have 2 kidneys for a reason. 🙂

@Tasuki But seriously, sounds like quite a pickle to be in. I too think it’s annoying how dependent we are on our cars. In general I think Europe is better about public transportation. But yeah, they doesn’t help you. A bike or a mo-ped maybe? It’s better than nothing I suppose.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki Yep me too, almost went bankrupt. Had to spend 5 years with a debt management company to pay all my debts off. I did have to move too, I was kinda in a vicious circle. Now I've got a lot more disposable income and my credit score is perfect. Hope you work things out.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki

@Th3solution @Frigate Yeah if I lived in a big city like NYC, Chicago or LA their public transit system is great heck even Reno has a great one for me though my city's is bad. That's one of the reasons this is so frustrating.

@themcnoisy That might not be a bad idea I guess I could get enough and do a private car sale.through Craigslist or something like that. Get a little better car just enough to get me from point A to point B.

My Backlog

Octane

Cory Barlog did a talk at GDC, it was pretty funny, and he gives some insight about the development of God of War (2018):

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic