Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 10,056

Areus

One thing i've noticed is that the negative sony articles seems to bring in people who don't usually come here very offen and comment the Section starts turnning into the ones you would usually find at nintendolife

Edited on by Areus

Areus

AdamNovice

@jdv95 Sadly I only really use the PS4 browser and I have Javascript turned off cos I think it causes my PS4 to crash. Problem is even if I IGNORE people, with Javascript makes Push Square unfiltered so I end up seeing every comment.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Tasuki

Sadly I just can't go out right banning trolls and such right at the get go I usually have to give them enough rope to hang them selveses so to speak. I think that was one reason Ant added the ignore button which quite frankly not enough people use and quite honestly stop alot of these trolls. Quite simple if they get bored they will move on. However instead people fire back at them and then the comment sections detereate into arguments. Also alot of users feel that it's ok to fire back on someone just because they did it first and quite honestly that annoys me. On top of that they feel that oh I am in the right even though they are trolling back. That causes a slight problem them as I can't ban the troll without also banning the other user as well since they are doing the same thing. I have actually done that and banned user responded well they started it what was suppose to do. I even had people report trolls and then I check the reports only to see them adding fuel to the fire and doing the same thing of course they don't report their posts. Its kinda like a bar fight I can't very well throw the guy out that started it for fighting since you both were.

Also I will be honest I don't spend too much time on the site reading articles. The best way for me to know something is wrong is to use that report button, it's honestly quite easier for me to read the reports then a whole comment section with 100+ comments.

Anyway I love this community but as many have said as we get bigger and more popular we will attract the attention of trolls and other unsavory users it's going to happen. The best thing to do is just ignore them and don't give the attention they seek, and use the tools given, the ignore button and report button to stop them.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Wesker

The top 2 user rated games on this website are Divinity Original Sin 2 and Final Fantasy 7. How many accounts does @kyleforrester87 have?

Wesker

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki Yep well said , I don't think enough people use the report and ignore functions on the site. If more people did we can make this place more pleasant for those that are finding it not so bearable recently.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

@Wesker Hm. The number one game is only rated by four people. And even 2 and 3 don't have a lot of votes. I think you need quite a lot if you want to put a meaningful list together. I'm certain NLife had some kind of minimum vote threshold, because it doesn't line up with the user ratings list: http://www.nintendolife.com/games/browse?sort=rating&stat...

Octane

Wesker

@Octane Hmm, I didn't notice that. I think you're right, they must have had a minimum threshold. From a little browsing, I reckon it could be around 50 votes minimum. Based on that, PushSquare's top game is God of War. @kyleforrester87 is off the hook... for now.

Wesker

RR529

I doubt Nintendo, Capcom, or Activision approved this.

Untitled

From the top left, Bowser, Ash, Yoshi, Akuma, Fox, Spyro, Ness, and some rabbit I assume is Bubsy of all things (though someone over on NL informed me it may be a Skylanders character)? There is also Ganondorf amongst the repeated images in the Switch.

This isn't the first time they've had stickers like this available, with past collections featuring Mario, Link, Samus, Master Chief, Kratos, Pikachu, Sonic, Crash, and more.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@RR529 Well whether they approve of it or not it's legal since it's there not coping them so to speak. Of course look at Garbage Pail Kids and Cabbage Patch Kids.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Th3solution

@Wesker @Octane It’s interesting to go over and look at those NL lists. I haven’t played any Nintendo games in a while and know very little about the exclusives, but it’s interesting to compare the scoring and rankings of the multiplatform games. Some are ranked highly on the Push Square and the NL user ratings, like Inside, Hollow Knight, and Rayman, but some on the NL list hardly scratch the surface on the PS list. The most notable is Celeste, which is the number 4 ranked Switch game, but has only 2 user reviews on PS. Axiom Verge, #10, is another. By all accounts, Celeste is a great game, but it would appear it hardly moves the needle among PlayStation fans.
I’m not throwing shade at the Switch, as I honestly think some titles are probably better on a handheld (like Celeste perhaps), but the library is just not as diverse in general.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RR529

@Tasuki, oh I'm not complaining about it, I just think it's a bit funny, and that some may get a laugh from it (They've certainly altered the designs just enough to not infringe copyright. Heck, even the screen on the Switch doesn't align with the size of the Joy-Con).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Th3solution I've just added Knockback to my Podcast feed. Had a look through the previous episodes and downloaded a bunch that interested me. Going to give it a listen when I get the chance.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

@Th3solution It also depends on who's rating them I guess. Some people only rate the games they really like; instead of consistently rating everything they play. So I find that user ratings are a bit more skewed towards the 10s on websites such as these.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane @Th3solution
Hmmm, when I get a chance I might rate some of the games I've played. 10/10 for Knack.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Octane

@JohnnyShoulder Knack has a 6.2. I'm sure we can bump that number up to an eight if we do our best.

I keep track of most of the games I play. It's pretty fun. I'm kinda harsh when it comes to review scores however. I don't hand out 9s and 10s easily

Octane

Th3solution

@Octane @JohnnyShoulder I don’t think I’ve ever given a 10. It’s hard for me to dish out a 10. A 9 from me usually means it’s phenomenal.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @Octane Yeah I've added a few games to my collection and rated the ones I've played. Only 10 from is God of War so far. I don't envision any other game getting a 10 as the only other ones that come close is Witcher 3 and Bloodborne which would get a 9 from me.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic