Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 10,056

FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

So earlier, I thought I'd treat myself to some mint-flavoured hot chocolate. I used to love mint chocolate as a kid; it was always the ice cream I'd pick, always my favourite flavour... but my word, is it just me, or did it always taste like muddy toothpaste?

Anybody else ever get that? Go back and try something you loved as a kid, only to discover that you can't stand it any more?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i haven't had Chocolate Milkshake, Hot Chocolate or Chocolate Ice Cream in years because they always taste powdery (i don't even think that's a word)

it really isn't very nice, when it comes to Ice Cream then you can't beat a nice bowl of Raspberry Ripple

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo You're right, it might be the specific product (or user error).

Best ice cream I've had recently is Ben & Jerry's Spice & All Things N'Ice, which is a caramel ice cream with chunks of gingerbread and dark chocolate in it.

I do like raspberry, though. At least, I think I do... after today, I might need to re-evaluate!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger that sounds nice, i think i'll give that one a go

Kidfried

@RogerRoger My favorite is Peanut Butter and Cookies. I am not a big fan of peanut butter, but I'm an addict for this one.

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

@Kidfried OH i LOVE the Peanut Butter and Cookie one

now i'm hungry for Ice Cream
Untitled

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I’m a huge mint chocolate fan. In fact, if I don’t have any around I just eat toothpaste. 😉
But seriously, I have always liked the flavor. I can hardly go to the movies without junior mints.
@Kidfried I’m also an enormous fan of peanut butter flavored goodies. Ice cream, cookies, candy bars, etc.

As far as something I used to like as a kid and then grew out of — I used to like hard candy, just like any other kid I suppose. Like lollipops, jolly ranchers, dum-dums, tootsie pops, lifesavers, etc (apologies if the names don’t translate over to British vernacular), but now I rarely ever have one unless it’s a minty one like a breath mint to freshen my mouth. Those hard candies are just too sweet for me now, and after it’s gone your mouth feels all pasty and gross, like the bottom of your shoe.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

Chocolate with an Oreo centre is my latest fave thing. Oreo milkshakes are mind blowing. Strangely enough I'm not that keen on the Oreo biscuits.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Not sure is the UK gets the same Nabisco products, but I love trying all the Oreo flavors that they come out with now. Probably half of them are garbage, but it’s fun nonetheless. The mint Oreos are my favorite as well as the peanut butter chocolate Oreos (see above). Grossest one I’ve tried has probably been the Cherry Coke Oreo. How they managed to ruin those three great flavors (Oreo, Cherry, and Coca-Cola) is beyond me, but they taste like cough medicine.
My Oreo latest indulgence however is the “Most Stuf” Oreos which have like 2-3 times more creme than even the double stuff Oreos. They’re full of so much sugar and lard that I’m sure each one you eat takes a day off your life expectancy, but who cares? Carpe Diem!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

To correct yesterday's error, I've just gotten back from lunch out with my partner at a Lebanese restaurant which serves a cinnamon hot chocolate with pistachio nuts crumbled on top. Heaven in a cup. I almost didn't need the dessert I'd ordered alongside it, I should've just had the drink.

@Kidfried Funny you should mention that, as I'm the same; give me peanut butter in a sandwich and I'll recoil, but peanut butter in ice cream, or in Reece's Pieces, and it'll be gone within seconds. Must be the added sweetness of the ice cream / chocolate helping to balance things out.

@Frigate It's one of those things that's easy to miss, I find. Hope you enjoy re-discovering it!

@Th3solution Glad to hear you're still a fan of mint chocolate (and at this point, having seen you mention Junior Mints and immediately wanting some, I'm convinced it was more an error in the specific mint hot chocolate product I had yesterday, or my error in making it too strong). I also completely agree with you on hard candy. Somehow, over the Christmas period, I came away with a tin of boiled sweets and I remember thinking they were okay, so I tried one and instantly regretted it. Yuck!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Oh, is it your birthday today? Or do we still have time to plan?

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 If that's what you consider giving us a clue, I'd love to attend a murder mystery weekend where you're the killer. We'd be done by lunch!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 I play to take Friday off from work, sleep all day and party all night. In your honor of course.
Or additionally I think you could give us all a gaming recommendation of one of your favorites and those of us who have access to the game will play it on Friday as a measure of respect for your many years of accumulated wisdom. 😜

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego @kyleforrester87 well obviously he will ride past you on a bike while dressed as spider-man and smack you on the back of the head with am aubergine covered in baby oil

it's simple really

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic