Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 10,078

Hego

1 – Very first video game:
Think it was Sonic 1
2 – Your favorite character:
Siegfried the Onion Knight
3 – A game that is underrated:
Battlefield 1 ( considering the technical marvel it is, it should get more appreciation I think)
4 – Your guilty pleasure game.
No such thing
5 – Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
Nathan Drake obviously lol
6 – Most annoying character.
Amaratsu from FF IX (defeatist b**tard)
7 – Favorite game couple.
Geralt and Triss (ultimate power couple)
8 – Best soundtrack.
Witcher 3 or Bastion or Bloodborne
9 – Saddest game scene.
Vesemir dying or the end of Trails in the Sky 1
10 – Best gameplay.
Bloodborne and it’s not even a question
11 – Gaming system of choice.
PS4 so I can Witcher 3 and Soulsborne till the end of my days
12 – A game everyone should play.
Bloodborne or Dark Souls (Hellblade is an honorable mention)
13 – A game you’ve played more than five times.
Football Manager
14 – Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper.
Cainhurst castle from Bloodborne
15 – Post a screenshot from the game you’re playing right now.
http://cdn3-www.gamerevolution.com/assets/uploads/2018/02/Mon...
16 – Game with the best cut scenes.
Witcher 3 or Uncharted 4
17 – Favorite antagonist.
Joker in Batman Arkham Asylum
18 – Favorite protagonist.
Geralt of Rivia
19 – Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
https://www.serebii.net/pokearth/maps/alola/51.jpg
20 – Favorite genre.
RPGs
21 – Game with the best story.
Bloodborne
22 – A game sequel which disappointed you.
Trails in the Sky SC
23 – Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
Witcher 3 or Vanishing of Ethan Carter
24 – Favorite classic game.
Pokémon Red
25 – A game you plan on playing.
Final Fantasy VI
26 – Best voice acting.
Hellblade
27 – Most epic scene ever.
Seeing Rapture in Bioshock
28 – Favorite game developer.
From Software or CD project red
29 – A game you thought you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving.
The Unfinished Swan
30 – Yout Favorite Game of all time
Witcher 3

Edited on by Hego

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

FullbringIchigo

ok i know i said my most epic scene was in FFXIII when they returned to Cocoon BUT after getting to the final boss in Dissidia NT i'm changing it to this

seeing the heroes and villains of Final Fantasy work together was awesome

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

1: My Very First Game
Hmm... I seem to remember the house having an Atari something-or-other when I was a teeny kid, but the first videogame I ever played with full comprehension, understanding and enjoyment was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the SEGA MegaDrive.

2: My Favourite Game Character
Don't make me choose! Daxter, Lara Croft, Solid Snake, Victor Sullivan, Aloy, Commander Jason Shepard... the aforementioned hedgehog and some of his anthropomorphic friends... this is too cruel. I'll go with Sully. No, wait... Lara. No, Sully! Argh!

3: An Underrated Game
I'd put forward most of the games I play as underrated, but I submitted Batman: Arkham Origins to the megapoll recently and so I'll use it again here. The bugs and glitches at launch derailed one of the greatest bat-stories ever told, and the boss fights are epic. I'd also like to add Alpha Protocol here. Let down by execution, the raw potential is still in there and I've enjoyed multiple, unique playthroughs over the years.

4: My Guilty Pleasure Game
Why must I feel guilty about enjoying a game? I'll defend anything I like. Oh, okay... Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing on PS2. Yes, the one where all the characters from The Phantom Menace have big heads. Leave me alone, it's awesome.

5: Game Character I Feel Most Like (or Wish I Were)
Tough one. I'd like to think I'm honourable and honest, and witty (not funny), and I have more than a passing interest in history, so if you remove all the impossible feats of incredible physical heroism from Nathan Drake, he'd be close enough and... ah, who am I kidding? I'm that avatar from The Sims who always failed at everything and you ended up drowning in a pond.

6: Most Annoying Game Character
Any of the protagonists from any Grand Theft Auto game. Mostly that insane one from GTAV.

7: Favourite Game Couple
My customised Commander Shepard, named Jason, and Major Kaidan Alenko, from Mass Effect 3. It just felt like a natural extension of their friendship from the previous two games. I don't think I'd like either person in real life but, in the context of the narrative and given their complex history, it made total sense and was just a little bit adorable to watch. Plus, after being forced to remain single for the first two games, it was great to finally see some options open up, and I didn't wanna be a rebound for Steve.

8: Best Game Soundtrack
Stop forcing me to pick one of a hundred options! Sean Callery's work on James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing sticks in my head, as does Christopher Drake's score to Batman: Arkham Origins, and no matter the quality of the gameplay, almost every Sonic the Hedgehog game has amazing music. Metal Gear Solid is another franchise with solid (heh) music every time. Killzone games don't deserve Joris de Man's work, either, it's beautiful. Nope, can't do it. Can't pick just one. Sorry!

9: Saddest Game Scene
Solid Snake in the microwave corridor, from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Closely followed by every single emotional moment from Mass Effect 3, and the end of RiME.

10: Best Gameplay
For the sheer variety of gameplay whilst also keeping things simple and accessible, I'll have to highlight three. Batman: Arkham Knight, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain are the most recent results of generations of refinement and perfection.

11: Gaming System of Choice
Well, obviously my PS4 Pro is the most accomplished and varied console I own, but if we're talking about a Desert Island Discs scenario where I'm stuck with just one forever? PlayStation3.

12: A Game Everybody Should Play
Impossible. I can't, and won't, tell everybody what to do, nor do I know of a game that literally everybody could play... maybe Tetris.

13: A Game I've Played Over Five Times
Loads; mostly PSone and PS2 games that I still return to every now and again for the nostalgia. The classic Sonic the Hedgehog games, Tomorrow Never Dies, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend... many, many more.

14: Current Gaming Wallpaper
A screencap I took in Star Trek Online of a Galaxy-Class starship's observation lounge.

15: Screencap of What I'm Playing Right Now
This is a challenge as, despite having terabytes of screencaps I've taken in various games, I don't currently have access to any online image-hosting capabilities.

16: Best Game Cutscenes
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots certainly had some of the longest... but they were so totally worth it. I do like a good cutscene; again, I could put forward a dozen titles here. Uncharted always had realistic, believable cutscene interactions.

17: Favourite Gaming Antagonist
Revolver Ocelot (MGS franchise) and the Arkham incarnation of the Joker are two fascinating villains. I'd also like to put forward Katherine Marlowe from Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. She's often overlooked and she just had this whole "classy badass" thing going on. I loved to hate her!

18: Favourite Gaming Protagonist
Since I was torn between Sully and Lara earlier, and Sully isn't a protagonist (yet... c'mon, Naughty Dog, you know you wanna), I'm not gonna drag this out. I have to say the Lady Croft.

19: Game Setting I Wished I Lived In
Untitled
Ideally without the threat of galactic annihilation hanging over my head, ta.

20: Favourite Game Genre
Action-adventure, in any setting (usually either science fiction, like Mass Effect, or modern-day historical exploration, like Tomb Raider and Uncharted, but I keep an open mind). Stealth games, or action games with a stealth element, are a close second.

21: Best Game Story
Depends what I'm in the mood for. Geopolitical military satire? Hello, MGS. Emotionally challenging artistry? Let's boot up RiME. There are countless examples of almost every type of story, told in so many varied ways, I can't possibly say which is best.

22: Disappointing Game Sequel
Only because it's the most recent and most controversial for so many reasons, I'll put forward Star Wars: Battlefront II (the EA one, not the previous one). Actually, no... Jak II. Aside from making Daxter 100% more entertaining, I believe that every single change in that sequel was a change for the worse.

23: Best Art Style / Graphics
Two separate answers here; for the art style, I'm gonna put forward Rez Infinite, because it's simply gorgeous (even if it only lasts for ten minutes), as well as Tearaway and the Katamari franchise. For the graphics, nothing comes close to the detail and realism of both Horizon: Zero Dawn and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

24: Favourite Classic Game
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, if we're counting "classic" as "pre-PSone" here.

25: A Game I Plan on Playing
Whatever the heck that tiny tease becomes for the third Tomb Raider reboot game; that's an instant pre-order for me. Thanks to a friend of mine, I also think I'm going to give the Final Fantasy franchise a try this year, maybe starting with XV and working backwards.

26: Best Voice Acting in Games
So many easy choices (Mark Hamill, Nolan North, Ashley Burch) so I'll go a bit random. The fact that they got the entire cast of Star Trek: Voyager to record their voices for Elite Force on PS2 was awesome. Also, still with PS2, the aforementioned James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing was a voice acting dream; not only did they have the core regulars (Pierce Brosnan, Judi Dench and John Cleese) but they assembled a Hollywood cast for the original characters they'd created, including Willem Dafoe, Shannon Elizabeth and Heidi Klum. Whenever I think of voice acting in games, I always think of those examples I adored as a kid.

27: Most Epic Scene Ever
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Solid Snake in the microwave corridor in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, although for the epic value I'll add the moment right before it where an armless Raiden holds back waves of soldiers with his sword in his teeth. Also, despite being obvious, any of the big set-pieces from Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception deserve a mention.

28: Favourite Game Developer
Naughty Dog are just that darn good. Sorry.

29: A Game I Expected to Hate, But Loved
Life is Strange. All the little glimpses I had of it before I finally played (at the urging of a friend) made me think I'd hate it. I didn't like the look of the characters, the description of the rewind mechanic confused me, and I'd yet to finish watching Twin Peaks with my partner. Whilst I still can't relate to many of the characters and scenarios like so many others have, I just got hooked... yeah, like so many others have.

30: My Favourite Game of All Time
Having just wrestled with this for the megapoll (and that was to narrow it down to six), I'm still convinced that I made terrible choices because for every game I adore, there are a dozen others I adore just as much, and for different reasons. There are enough game titles littered through the answers above to give you an idea of what I like; any of those, and their kind, are probably worthy contenders.

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

I woke up at 4am feeling sick and I've been laying in bed ever since. I ache, I'm starving and I'm miserrrraaabllleeee

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Elodin

Is $30 too high a price for Elex? I know here and most sites gave it a 4, but after watching a few videos even with its flaws it looks kind of fun.

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Is Britain having a huge flu epidemic like the US? Everyone has been sick at least once this season. I feel for you, man. Being sick sucks.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution yeah there is some pretty gnarly flu going about at the moment, I had it last week actually wasn't nice. But this is my girlfriend poisoning me with last nights dinner, feels like someone's been wringing out my intestine lol. But I am over the hump now and managed to get out of bed. Seems like it's one of those 24 hour to hell and back type stomach bugs lol

Watching her play Rime now. This bird things weird.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

I'm usually pretty lucky with games not bugging out on me but this weekend I've had Xenoblade Chronicles bug out - started with loss of audio then everyone just stood looking at each other in battle not doing anything, but I could run around freely. Had to restart and lost about 2.5 hours.

Now Crossing Souls has just frozen on me, character can just turn and run on the spot. Had to restart and gotta play Chapter 6 again.

On the plus side Crossing Souls is really quite a brilliant game.

kyleforrester87

Fight_Teza_Fight

@kyleforrester87 Glad your enjoying Crossing Souls! The game crashed on me twice. Once early on in the dinner, which caused me to replay an hours worth & once when I died on top of a heart & the game couldn't decide on whether I was alive or dead.

Digimon also crashed on me over the weekend & I lost about 90mins worth of progress . Happened whilst I beat a Chapter & the game was trying to load the next cut scene. Has happened a few times already & it sucks every time!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Wesker

I wonder what the ReedPOP takeover means for PushSquare.

Wesker

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD ehh no problem, I can do the sections pretty quickly again now I know what I'm doing I think!! Agree though, never had a problem with a Nintendo game. But to be fair they make up about 5% of my consumed games!

@Fight_Teza_Fight Crossing Souls is very good, really digging the art work and the story is interesting. The soundtrack could be a bit more prominent at times I think? And the combat is okay, kinda loose but it works. It really makes me respect how well Heart Machine tuned Hyper Light Drifters combat though. You played that? I think you'd dig it. Perhaps you're holding out for a Vita version though?

@Wesker da hells a ReedPOP?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Kidfried

These type of things are so unpredictable. Sometimes hardly anything changes, and sometimes everything changes.

I visited GameTrailers a lot back in the day. It being acquired by Viacom affected the company's direction in a big way, just like the later (and less succesful) takeover by Defy Media. This stuff always is risky, but running a site with staff members on payroll never is easy.

Kidfried

Fight_Teza_Fight

@kyleforrester87 Yes I own Hyper Light Drifter. It's comfortably sitting in my backlog next to Inside, Pyre, Nex Machina & other great indie games I'll hopefully get to one day.
Heard great things about it.
I did hold out for a Vita port, but the dev cancelled it (& the Wii U port), due to health issues.

As for ReedPOP acquiring gamer network... .
I hope they'll just let the guys run the site like they always have. I don't like change.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic