Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 2,436

Kidfried

@Octane Oh yeah, I said 'game' but I meant beta!

Anyway, the string of headlines here is pretty weird. Why couldn't they ever announce a month?

Kidfried

KratosMD

@Kidfried Thanks! I'm fairly excited for it since it's within my subject area, that is economics, and it doesn't require me to have any work experience (of which I have none of) so this job checks both of those things, which is great. The work tasks also don't seem too complicated so it should be a pretty good first job for an economist.

I honestly do hope that I get this job since I've been unemployed for 2 months now (started actively searching for jobs back in mid-October) and I've submitted my resume to over 70 places now and this will be my first interview with an employer. I'm going to do my utmost to provide an immaculate interview, because it could be a long time before I get an opportunity like this one again.

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Forum GOTY 2018 winners: 1) God of War 2) Marvel's Spider-Man 3) Red Dead Redemption II

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Sorry in advance for the unsolicited advice, but try not to put too much pressure on this single interview. I know it's tempting because it's such a good fit and the application-to-interview ratio hasn't exactly been great, but if you're too tightly wound when you arrive, they'll only see your nerves and they're trying to judge you as a person just as much as they're analysing you as a particular set of skills. Be polite and be professional, but also be yourself in a way that shows you're relaxed around them and in their offices, because nervous people make mistakes, as do those who appear too keen and / or desperate to please.

Also, job interviews are like buses; you wait for ages, and then three show up at once. To get an interview after two months is actually pretty good going. It may not feel like it, but it is. You're going in with nothing to lose, and you'll gain experience, knowledge and practice at a minimum, no matter what happens.

If you want more random tips like this (on interviews and interview techniques; don't ask me about economics!) then let me know. I've hired and fired before.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@RogerRoger I met Andre Meadows AKA Black Nerd. There were some others there as well but I really didn't know them. I did see Lex Lang whose a voice actor as well. He did Kil'Jadean in Wold of Warcraft, among many others.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

@RogerRoger All solid points.

The part about the two months being not that bad as well, even though it may feel like an eternity to you already, I think you're doing pretty good already scoring an invitation.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Neat; I'd love to meet some voice actors at some point, especially those ones who turn up in everything. Some folks I know hate being able to recognise voice actors in games, because it takes them out of the immersion, but I kinda like it. It's like a fun mini-game!

Although even I did a bizarre double-take when walking past a chatty guardsman in Horizon: Zero Dawn and suddenly realised he was Sasuke Uchiha. So random!

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

Replying to it here as to not to distract from the original topic.

@KratosMD Like the last time you're assuming something about my intentions which isn't true. You're making it into a personal thing whereas I was just expressing my thoughts on the matter.

Honestly I just don't see this going anywhere and I don't like being accused of or assumed of taking jabs at anyone, because I don't. Just need to protect my own health, so I'll leave it at that and will bid all of you farewell for now.

Kidfried

Octane

So I was at Saturn today, and I felt sorry for the big pile of Fallout 76 copies, special editions and merchandise that were thrown on a big pile. Seems nobody was buying them.

@Kidfried You're not leaving, are you?

Octane

KratosMD

@Kidfried It doesn't matter what your intentions were when you literally started arguing in a childish and annoying manner. It's like accidentally running over a person and saying "well it wasn't my intention to hurt you, don't blame it on me". Not only were you trying to be a smartypants, you were putting words into my mouth and acting like I was laying forth multiple quotes when I only quoted one thing. I honestly don't understand what your deal is with me when you're perfectly normal with everyone else here. It's like you always have to force your point onto me, and when I tell you to back off you start getting all defensive like right now. It's madness.

I've decided that I'm putting you on my ignore list (and you're free to do so as well with me) just so that our quarrels stop affecting other members. Because I honestly feel like nothing's going to change so we might as well stop ruining the mood.

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Forum GOTY 2018 winners: 1) God of War 2) Marvel's Spider-Man 3) Red Dead Redemption II

RogerRoger

@LieutenantFatman Thanks for the heads-up on this; as a huge Metal Gear fan, and as somebody with a tabletop-obsessed partner, I'll be keeping a close eye!

Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

@RogerRoger
Yes, it does sound promising, really hoping it's great, I'll be keeping a close eye on it. Looking forward to seeing the miniatures too.

LieutenantFatman

DerMeister

So, I haven't been as active as I'd like on here recently because for whatever reason, I keep having severe headaches. It sounds so lame, but the pain is bad enough to keep me from doing anything. I can't even look at small light without flinching. It's always on the right side of my head too, and I've been dealing with this since Sunday last week. I don't know what's causing it, but I've been downing Ibuprofen like candy and drinking medical powder like kool-aid since. However, it hasn't fully went away yet and I'm hoping it isn't something serious. I get one day without headaches and it comes back the next.

I wanted to let everyone know just in case I find myself taking leave. I'm hoping it just passes on and I can enjoy another headache-less day.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

DerMeister

@FullbringIchigo Very true, but I dunno if I can cover the cost at the moment. It's around $80 to my knowledge, and I would if I could, believe me. I'll save up for one in case they keep happening.

Edited on by DerMeister

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

kyleforrester87

@DerMeister yeah if you haven't already get your ar*e to the doctors to rule out any serious stuff. They may prescribe you some other anti inflammatory that'll be more effective or maybe even some fun opoids if you're lucky!! Hopefully it's just a phase and not something long term.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

@DerMeister Hope you feel better soon, but yeah; get that checked out ASAP, buddy. Nothing more important than your health but, with any luck, it's just a glitch.

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

A quick follow up from my Wipeout adventures. Retailer offered me a third one, and guaranteed it would be a new copy. I hesitated, but accepted the offer. Lo and behold, it's a sealed and new copy! When I pick up the parcel, I could hear the disc banging the sides of the case, and I knew it was a legit copy. I should've suspected something when the first game had the disc firmly stuck in place inside the case lol.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic