Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 10,056

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane Are you gonna call it Web Slinger in Red Spandex Man? I think that has a nice ring to it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

I thought I'd put it in here rather than the RE2 thread but some of the chat about controls in there reminded me of the uber-niche PSone controller designed specifically for the game. Have there been any other game specific controllers?

Untitled

And let's not forget the rather rad RE4 chainsaw controller which I came so close to buying back in the day.

Untitled

Thrillho

Thrillho

@Frigate Good shout. I never used one but remember seeing them.

For images, just but the image link between [ img ] and [ /img ] (with the spaces removed).

Untitled

@kyleforrester87 It was literally just for playing Resident Evil because the aim and run buttons were mapped so weirdly and, I think, unchangeable. The images shows how what would have been square and R1 are put prominently on the main pad.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Thrillho

I also have absolutely no idea how anyone could actually have used the chainsaw controller. I think the start button was mapped to the chain you could pull on it though

Thrillho

Thrillho

@Frigate Untitled

You need a .jpg image itself for the image, right click the one from your link and "copy image address"

Never seen that one myself though.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Thrillho

I got there in the end!

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo I didn't wanna derail the Xbox thread, so posted here. After buying a Sony tv I've noticed the difference in quality in almost everything. My parents and sister have got LG tv's and problems have started already after only a couple of years.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder i have had the same Sony Bravia for about 10 years and it's still going really strong and still looks great although that's now in my bedroom and in the living room i have a bigger TV made by JVC and that's a really good one too

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Gremio108

@Thrillho I always wanted this little beauty for Nights on the Saturn Untitled

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

FullbringIchigo

this sucks and this is also why i don't want an all digital future, at the drop of a hat your games could be GONE

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo I heard it's because they lost the licensing. The thing that cracks me up is people are like oh they are pulling stuff from the store my digital purchases are gone. This is not true though. If you bought the game you can still download it, it just means no new purchases. I have TMNT and the Simpson's Arcade games on my Xbox 360, if I delete them I can redownload them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki while that's is true for some games (and if you already own it then you can play it with no issues) it's not always the case look at P.T for example that was pulled and you can't redownload it

point is it goes to show that when it comes to digital games as consumers we have no control over any of it AND it also means there is no chance of a legacy, just imagine if this was a digital only game it's now gone full stop no one will ever be able to buy it again and for some people they would now never be able to play it at all which is why i don't want an all digital future, it means the complete end of any control we have and a streaming one would be even worse look how often things go off Netflix, imagine playing a game one day and the next it's gone, what's the point in putting in the time if it can vanish at a moments notice?

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo But P.T. is a bad example you didn't pay for it. It's one thing if you paid for it but for free.

I do agree with you on a legacy collection though. We will see the start of that problem next month when the Wii Shop closed finally at the end of this month. How many WiiWare titles will now be gone forever?

But still, I am not going to let it worry me. Companies are going to do what companies do. If for example the PS5 we're to be digital only, well guess I won't be buying it. It's just that simple. They are plenty of older physical based systems out there with games that I can play.

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki while P.T was free it was still a digital game that was pulled and can no longer be downloaded regardless on if you had already done so

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo The point being, I feel people would be more upset if they paid for something and it was pulled and they couldn't download it no more over something that was free.

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki oh that is true, especially if you don't get a refund

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo @Tasuki PT wasn’t even a game, it was a demo - which are already often limited. It’s not comparable. Of course it’s technically possible, but PT doesn’t really count. A beta being pulled from the store proves the concept of possibility just as much.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic