Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 10,089

RogerRoger

@TowaHerschel7 First up, hope you feel better soon.

Second of all, if you're like me and would rather avoid alcohol (which, let's not forget, is a poison specifically designed to make you feel worse, not better) then I recommend yoghurt for a sore throat or, if you don't mind the sugar, ice cream. It can clog you up a little more in the long run, but it's all gotta come out eventually and it gives you immediate relief from any swallow pain.

Otherwise, the standard honey and lemon in hot water approach is your best place to start. Make it boiling and inhale the steam through your nose whilst you wait for it to cool down before drinking.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger TBF we (well I was anyway) are talking about only a small amount of alcohol, nothing to get anyone wasted or anything.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Apologies; I'm not having the best of days, so I'm being particularly severe and judgemental with my opinions right now. The irony is, if the mere smell of alcohol didn't make me feel violently sick, I could probably use a drink.

No offence intended to anybody who just wanted to help.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

Well after my cat threw up all over my favourite PS4 controller I am now an expert when it comes to taking them apart and putting them together again, took ages to clean it out and get all the buttons working again 😂

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger No offence taken buddy. Have a cuppa of whatever you enjoy to make you feel better. Hope you are back to being your jolly self again tomorrow.

@Octane @Kidfried Ah yes when you 'accidently forget' to put the honey and lemon in.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WiiWareWave

@kyleforrester87 I was just wondering if you think there will be a download option for streaming services like what PS Now has started to do, because if that's the case then I could see it working sooner rather than later.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@TowaHerschel7 the download option seems to me to be an attempt to bridge the gap between those against the idea of streaming games, which I can fully appreciate from both sides - the infrastructure just isn't there right now. But it's a good way for Sony to get more people to subscribe to the service, and it will lead more people toward trying the streaming service and becoming more comfortable with the idea of streaming video game content too.

Like I was saying in the other article, these are all baby steps that the bigger companies like Sony and SE are making to ensure they are well positioned in the not so distant future.

Again to be clear I personally do not like the idea of streaming video games, it's weird and scary, but I'm trying to see the bigger picture beyond that.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Octane

@Kidfried Have you heard anything from Sony regarding the Dreams beta yet?

Octane

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution Hey dude. Thanks for the check up.

All good here - just focusing elsewhere while my eye issues persist.

Not gaming all that much really but trying to mess about with stuff I already have that doesn't require particularly quick reactions

Hope everyone had good Christmas and New Year's celebrations!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON Ah, man. Sorry to hear about your eye issues. I hope everything turns out okay. I’m glad you’re still around, but certainly I can understand now why we haven’t heard from you in a while. The holidays have certainly had me in a little bit of a topsy-turvey schedule so I haven’t done near enough gaming either.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

@Kidfried I got a mail from Sony.

It was about a PlayStation store update...

Untitled

Octane

kyleforrester87

@Octane you deserve it bro

(why don't you play Axiom Verge while you wait? I highly doubt you have the intelligence or creativity to make anything on Dreams anyway!)

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Octane

@kyleforrester87 I'm gonna make a game with a guy in red spandex and web slinging. Brilliant, innit?

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic