Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 10,089

Wearl

Excellent, thanks. I looked for such thread but never found it

Most Wanted:
-The Last of Us: Part II
-New Deus Ex Game

Rudy_Manchego

So I am doing a dry January for new games. With the exception of RE2 which is already paid for. I am going to spend no money on games and just concentrate on my backlog and some of the squillions of games I am not playing...

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego That almost sounds like a New Years Resolution... 🤔

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution ha ha, almost and I’m still putting those together for the thread. This is a temporary one to save my time and bank balance.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

I wonder if the Dreams beta will be a first come first serve type of deal, because guess who's stuck in a car for the next hour or so...

Octane

Octane

I signed up just in time!

Octane

RogerRoger

@Octane Glad you got in; after how much you've been looking forward to it, even I'd have been crushed if you didn't manage to participate!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@Octane I signed up too. You already heard something?

Can't wait to try this one!

I dare anyone to make a Push Square Weekend Quiz in Dreams.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Octane

@RogerRoger I wish I got in! Public beta isn't guaranteed. You sign up, and you'll get an email if you're in. So it's still a waiting game. The public beta doesn't start until the 12th of January anyway. Blegh.. not a fan of the way they handled this. Making it seem like we would be playing the beta for over a month; here I am, waiting for a chance to play a week at most!

@Kidfried Not yet, and I don't expect anything in the coming days as the public beta won't go live until the 12th. All we can do is wait and see I guess. Keep in mind that if you don't get an email right away, you may get one a few days later.

Octane

kyleforrester87

@Frigate 3 and a half years before it's available? I dunno, if it even comes out we'll be approaching PS6 territory by then.. lol.

As things stand right now I think it would take a company like Apple, Amazon or Google to be able to enter the console market competitively.

(It does look like they are making it very easy for developers to get games onto the system though, I guess if it really is that easy and the system has the required grunt then there's little reason it wouldn't have available software)

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki the thing is if this console has the grunt to play multi platform games AND porting is as simple as alluded in that article it could gain some traction.

Consoles like the Ouya kind of existed in there own sphere and without software to support them they inevitably died.

Nintendo manage what consoles like Ouya could not, but they have a few killer IPs and their legacy to carry them. Even then it hasn't always looked easy for them. Any new competition has got to have grunt to match the likes of PS and Xbox, and straight forward porting, to get the software flowing. Then you never know, the great exclusives could come.

(Not that it matters anyway we'll all be streaming our games direct from EA in a decade )

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate I'm in the @Tasuki camp for this. I really can't see anyone mixing it with the big 3 we have at the moment. Even Valve/Steam tried on the pc side and failed. You could have the best and most powerful machine out there but unless you have the killer exclusives and brand recognition it will most likely be doomed to fail.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JJ2

@Frigate
Im not sure what the appeal is. Seems an awkard compromise between a gaming pc and a console like PS5 without the advantage of either.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

RogerRoger

@Frigate I knew nothing about another console trying to enter the market, so thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm with you, a curious observer more than anything right now, although I agree with many of the points raised by others which might seem to suggest failure.

Absolutely not what I expected the first major gaming news story of 2019 to be!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

WiiWareWave

Does anyone know an effective homemade remedy for the common cold? Something that soothes the throat and clears your sinus? Soup just doesn't do it for me. It clears my sinus, but feels terrible on my throat...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@TowaHerschel7 hot honey and lemon drink for the throat, Vicks in hot water for the sinus

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

@TowaHerschel7 What @FullbringIchigo said, I also put a bit of whiskey in the honey and lemon when I get home.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic