Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 1,792

KALofKRYPTON

@Tasuki
Weird. Never had any disc read issues on a GC. Still have my second (Platinum) GC that I bought on release and that's still fine.

Only disc issue I ever had for that gen was my first fat PS2 - it stopped reading some DVDs properly after a couple of years.

I agree on your point about Soul Caliber 2 - only problem was the GC controller and that Link was crap compared to Spawn!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Tasuki

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah I had a platinum one too bought it when Soul Calibur II came out but it just stopped reading discs about 10 years ago. By that time I had my Wii so I just sold it to a local retro shop for parts. Still as I said its just easier to play GC on it then the Wii.

As for Spawn in Soul Calibur, I only played him a few times cause my friend had it on Xbox since he owned that instead of a Cube. When we were over at his house we would play that when he came over to mine we would play the GC version. From what I remember he had like a totally cheap attack with his cape that could be spammed over and over. Of course even on the GC version I rarely used Link, mostly played as Talim.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Nah could never get used to the arcade stick. Probably didn't give it enough time. I'm fine using the dual shocks with MKX and Injustice.

@WanderingBullet I don't think I would ever pay full price for a fighter, as I don't play it online it feels like I'm only getting half the game.

I was thinking of getting the extra stuff for Injustice 2 but I've not played it enough to warrant a purchase. Plus I'm not hugely into the DC stuff so feel it would be wasted a bit on me.

JohnnyShoulder

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@Tasuki The biggest issue I found with Spawn were his ranged attacks when levitating. Kilik was usually a good counter.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Octane

@Tasuki GameCube's are usually known for their high quality build and longevity. Mine's still working perfectly fine. You must've had incredibly bad luck I think!

@mookysam I dunno, check your nearby sushi restaurant, you may never know

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

I think the GC, black, is my favourite console design of all time. I just think it looks nice.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego i have both the Black and the Purple one and honestly i prefer the Purple one but that could also be because every damn electrical appliance when that came out was black so it made a nice change (still are in fact)

Jeremy Brett is still the DEFINITIVE Sherlock

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make it's own judgments" - Zefram Cochran

"Hello there!" - Obi Wan Kenobi

it may be multiplatform now but Final Fantasy & PlayStation will always go hand in hand

Tasuki

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah it was something like that. As I said though I never played him much. Although he was better then Heihachi.

@Octane Could be, although to be fair the others I bought as I said we're from thrift stores, flea markets and garage sales so who knows what previous owners did to them.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

@Octane The overall build is known for that, but there's thousands cases of people not able to play their GameCube anymore, due to its laser. It's the weak point of the console. Had to replace mine because of it too.

Also: sorry everyone, I changed my display picture. I really love the Aoi pic, so I'll probably change back to that at some point. But Ni No Kuni's character design is unmatched really.

Edited on by Kidfried

Wind's howling.

Th3solution

@Kidfried It’s a very cute avatar. Yeah, it takes some getting used to when people change their avatar pic but I like to change mine up too sometimes to reflect either the game I’m currently playing or my current mood.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried No need to apologise (he says on his fifth avatar inside of a year). It's pretty cute!

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."
Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate: 42923.4

Tjuz

@Kidfried @RogerRoger Just as I've gotten used to everyone's avatars you start changing it around! This is of no help! Just kidding, your new avatars look great.

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Tjuz It's okay, you'll always be a Krogan to me.

Edited on by RogerRoger

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."
Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate: 42923.4

Thrillho

I will remain loyal to my avatar.

Thrillho

WanderingBullet

Regarding Kingdom Hearts The Story So Far, does anyone know if all the games are in the disc(s)?

Also, does Tetris Effect have any multiplayer feature?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Knuckles-Fajita

Appointment booked for November 6th. Time for my physiotherapy consultation.

Yay... 😣😣

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

KratosMD

So I'm starting to realise that I'm finally getting to the point in my life where completing games doesn't matter anymore for me. After having graduated earlier this year, I'm now searching for jobs and trying to change my lifestyle, which means less time for video games. However I'm still interested in playing a lot of games. It just means that now I'll either have to prioritise certain games or just play each game less than before.

This might not necessarily be a bad thing. I spoke out a couple of months ago in a thread (I don't recall which specific topic) that I'm always striving to finish the story mode of each game that I play. But I do wish that I could be that type of gamer who plays a game as long as he/she wants until he/she gets bored of it and moves on. I think this might finally be that time. For example, I've been recently playing AC: Origins but I got fed up with the game after 20 hours and now I'm playing Yakuza Kiwami 2. And I'm thinking about moving on to another game soon as well.

This would be amazing since I've longed for this to happen to me and I believe that's the quintessential way to play video games. Why force yourself to do meaningless tasks for some trinkets or whatever, when you should just play a game as long as you feel like it and then move on.

If I can completely drop my previous mentality, then I believe I've finally reached the gaming version of nirvana, lol.

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

Kidfried

@KratosMD In growing older, actually the opposite happened to me. I just stopped caring about having to play too many different games, and as a result I became less impatient with other games. (I still play a lot of games, though!)

But, I think I'm pretty alone in this.

Wind's howling.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic