Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 10,056

Kidfried

@Octane AL WAYS. Never had this during previous generations.

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

@Octane i noticed that too and not just with PS4 games but also XB1 games and DVD's lately

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WanderingBullet

@Octane This happens to me quite often. I figured it was down to the courier not handling the parcel with care during shipping.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Th3solution

@Octane I don’t have this happen much, but I have opened up the case to find a cracked disc before. 🙁

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

@Kidfried @FullbringIchigo @WanderingBullet Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. I'm always worried about scratching the discs, so far they've arrived fine. Whoever is packaging these things, they seem to just throw 'em in and close the case. I've never gotten one that was stuck to the little nub or whatever that thing is called. It's so weird!

Octane

Octane

@Th3solution Maybe it's a Europe thing?

But a cracked disc? That one is new to me as well! How did that happen? What game was it?

Octane

RogerRoger

@Octane The other day, I went to pick up LEGO DC Super-Villains from GAME and when the member of staff (with whom I've developed a chatty rapport) handed me the manufacturer-sealed box, I felt the disc was loose inside. Handed it back, politely asked for another one, got it switched.

And yeah, UK here and happens a good 40, maybe even 50% of the time.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Haruki_NLI

Never had a disc come locked in place.

Now carts? They aint moving even if you throw it.

Never had a cracked disc though

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Th3solution

@Octane It was Detroit. Just a crack in the middle of the disc, so it may have functioned okay, but I didn’t even try it. I marched it right back to the store. On closer inspection of the case it was a little bent as if it had been sat on or had something heavy placed on it. (It goes to show that steelbook cases are so much better protection) The store exchanged it with no questions asked. I’m pretty obsessive about my discs and cases. I like them to be pretty, not just functional.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

When you decide to try out the adult site filter on your phone, but it haphazardly blocks Pushsquare...

Jaz007

Tasuki

So I discovered today that when I use my kitchen sink my neighbor below me kitchen floods. Apperarently a pipe is busted or something in the wall so water coming pouring out of her electric sockets and such. Tomorrow maintenance is going to cut into the wall to check it out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Th3solution

@Tasuki Man, that’s rough! At least for them below. It all depend if you actually like your neighbor or not as to whether you stop using your kitchen sink, or just keep it running 😂

Haruki_NLI

I'd leave it running. Nothing like pneumonia to start your day.

Though the fact it's coming from the sockets is worrying. The pronlem with flats is anything above affects below.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 that's nothing, my mate was at the job center last week (he's looking for a new job) and the blocker software they have there blocked the government job search site

and apparently they ain't allowed to mess around with the computers there so they can't fix it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Jaz007

I got a flat tire, three minutes away from home......

Jaz007

Th3solution

I guess I’m just slow, but I only now noticed we can now downvote comments in the articles on the site. I suppose this is a relatively new addition. Not sure how I feel about this function. 🤔

Kidfried

@Th3solution Yea, I see your point. It doesn't really feel like it adds anything to the experience, now does it?

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried I suppose it may be a slight deterrent for a user to post an offensive comment, but it also runs the risk of just creating animosity amongst what has typically been a wonderful, respectful, mature, and well-behaved user base. (In comparison to most sites out there). People are certainly using the function in the discussion about Sony censorship.
It also makes me think twice before posting since I don’t know if my ego can handle getting downvoted. 😂. But perhaps that’s the point.

Octane

@Kidfried @Th3solution It seems you cannot see down votes on your own comment (and I thought everyone just liked my comments!). Anything above 5 is displayed as '5+'. Ant said it's still a secret how it works and how it will be implemented. The site doesn't automatically flag heavily down voted comments either. No idea what the purpose is though, but I'm sure Ant has some kind of master plan

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

Not a fan of the downvote feature. I feel like it limits conversation.
Just because something is an unpopular opinion/comment doesn’t make the it any more invalid.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic