Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 10,087

RogerRoger

@Kidfried No need to apologise (he says on his fifth avatar inside of a year). It's pretty cute!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

@Kidfried @RogerRoger Just as I've gotten used to everyone's avatars you start changing it around! This is of no help! Just kidding, your new avatars look great.

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Tjuz It's okay, you'll always be a Krogan to me.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I will remain loyal to my avatar.

Thrillho

WanderingBullet

Regarding Kingdom Hearts The Story So Far, does anyone know if all the games are in the disc(s)?

Also, does Tetris Effect have any multiplayer feature?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Haruki_NLI

Appointment booked for November 6th. Time for my physiotherapy consultation.

Yay... 😣😣

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Kidfried

@KratosMD In growing older, actually the opposite happened to me. I just stopped caring about having to play too many different games, and as a result I became less impatient with other games. (I still play a lot of games, though!)

But, I think I'm pretty alone in this.

Kidfried

Kidfried

Wow, sad. Did my best to post a solution to someone's problem, then my posts get removed.

Kidfried

Tasuki

@Kidfried It's because the OP posted in a foreign language. I know you want to help but also I don't want to encourage them for breaking a rule. I am sure they will see my post and then repost the problem in English.

Thanks for understanding

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

@KratosMD I feel you. I have trouble with finishing games, and it bothers me. I have trouble starting something new and it nags at me when I don't finish something. I mean, I don't need to finish everything, but at the same time, when I look back at games, I feel like I appreciate the ones I beat more than the ones I didn't. Of course, there may also be a reason I finished it too, but I feel like something is missing if I don't. Half-complete stories I think are the main issue I think. I agree completely about platinums. I've never intentionally gotten a platinum. There are just too many games for that.
I kind of want both though, to just let go of not finishing games, but also to just buckle down and finish them. So instead, I get neither.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I'm a big believer of only playing games until they are fun. I don't see the point of playing games just to complete them if you are not enjoying the experience. Sure games will sometimes have certain levels or sections which you don't enjoy, which sometimes you can grit your teeth and get through until the next enjoyable section.

I think I'm at that stage with Monster Hunter World. The main gameplay is awesome, but it feels like I'm doing the same thing over and over again, just with different monsters. Which I'm finding a bit of a drag tbh.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki

@JohnnyShoulder @KratosMD I feel the same way about Monster Hunter World. It's a bit better with friends but in the end it still feels the same. I am not sure how people hold this game in such high regards with such repetitive gameplay, but as they say to each their own.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

WiiWareWave

@Tasuki Honestly it has WAY less content than 3 Ultimate and 4 Ultimate which I feel were somewhat better games not even taking into account how much more content they had compared to World.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

mookysam

@Kidfried I'm the same actually. As I've got older (in my 30's) I don't feel pressure to quickly move on from title to title or play lots of games at once. It's nice to finish what I play and just go at a pace that allows me to properly enjoy them. I'm happy to wait until Christmas for Red Dead Redemption 2 and Spider-Man.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

WanderingBullet

@TowaHerschel7 I don't play the 3DS versions but don't they have the advantage of reusing assets (monsters) from previous games? I mean in a sense it's like a sports game where the developers reuse assets from previous games but maybe slightly improving them. MHW is a new game altogether. If Capcom releases MHW2 they could reuse the monsters from the first game as well adding new ones.

In regards to the game be repetitive, I think all loot based games are repetitive. At least with MHW the AI is really good which adds a bit of randomness to the fights.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried @mookysam I'd say I'm the same as you both describe, save for the fact that my insomnia usually means that I finish new releases relatively quickly. When I was younger, I'd play two or three different genres at once, or I'd rush things to beat the next release date.

Now, save for a little bit of nervousness about bumping into spoilers online, I'm quite happy to leave things on my shelf until I'm good and ready for them.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet Most, if not all video games are repetitive by their very nature. Some games hide it better than others, and some people can put up with different things to different degrees. I managed to play the main story campaigns of both The Divison and Destiny 2. Not sure if I can be bothered to go back to MWH. I'm not saying it is a bad game or anything, just not for me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

What's up with PS4 discs not fitting in their game case? Whenever I buy a game, unwrap the plastic, and open it, the first thing that happens is the disc falling out. They're never in place

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic