Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 10,080

AdamantiumClaws

Man, ever since starting my new job I don't have much time for gaming. I feel liked I needed a break but damn I hope I get some time soon.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Thrillho

@Th3solution I can safely say I have never eaten kidney or black pudding (the pigs blood thing).

My mum slowly taught me how to cook a lot of the basics as she'd get me to make bits of dinner if she was working, even if it was just boiling the vegetables for that meal. I have a good set of base meals that I us through the week but I find it quite hard to find something new that is time efficient to make for an evening meal.

The biggest change my girlfriend and I have made recently is to roast a chicken to then use the meat for sandwiches and different meals through the next few days. Things like curry taste so much better using roast meat rather than just fried chicken breast, and it saves money too.

Plus, the dog loves any leftovers..

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Jaz007 Haha! Yeah, I do the same with all the Spider-Man and Kratos avatars out there. Easy to get people mixed up. I just love the Lara rising from the water ominously with fire blazing in the background. I just thought that was so cool. And @RogerRoger and I are probably 2 of her biggest fans out here. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@mookysam All this food talk... now I really want bolognese, darn it.

Am also curious to know exactly what kind of accident you can have with black pepper?!

Th3solution wrote:

I must admit, my stomach churns a little at the thought of eating kidneys. And don’t you all eat blood pudding or blood sausage? That also has rather barbaric ring to it. Kinda scared, but I’d be up to try anything ....once.

Every culture has its oddly-disgusting food items. I've never eaten either of the things you mention, in much the same way that I've met quite a few Scottish folks who've never eaten haggis, and spent a couple years living with a large number of Koreans who didn't eat dogs.

Nevertheless, I'm still flattered that @Jaz007 could possibly mistake my posts for yours, as mine are nowhere near as witty! Lara FTW, though, every time.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

Big fan of black pudding over here. Stick it on a sandwich with bacon, sausage and maybe an egg if you're feeling extravagant, and you've got yourself a breakfast fit for a king. Love haggis as well, that stuff is great. When I was younger I used to be a bit funny about eating that sort of thing, until I discovered what was in hot dogs and I realised I'd been eating them without complaint.

On the whole though, I think British food is terrible. @Th3solution, if anyone does ever open up a British-themed restaurant near you, then move to a different town.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

I can cook a few things but I don't really enjoy it. Usually in the week after work it be something quick and easy like steak and chips or mash potato On the weekend I usually prepare and cook stuff as i have more time, but I'm only confident enough to stick to what I know Spag Bol, Chilli Con Carne, various pasta dishes and a few others. My fave is curry. My mum was born in India so has a few recipes from relatives which she has tinkered with over the years. Can't beat one my mums curries, even in a restaurant.

Edited on by Tasuki

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki

@JohnnyShoulder I know you probably didn't mean it but that word you used is a very derrogatory word here in NA and because we get readers from around the world we need to be careful of the words we use.

Thanks for understanding

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Always better to be safe than sorry. Those particular types of meatballs have caused a few problems in modern Britain, with ad campaigns trying to use their name as a joke and inadvertently (or deliberately, one can never be sure) causing offense. Regardless, they were meatballs long before the name was adopted as an offensive term to describe folks like me.

Language is always evolving. At one time, "gay" meant happy and "queer" meant peculiar; those meatballs are just another example of something that'll end up adapting over time.

Grateful that Push Square is the kinda place we can have this mature type of conversation. Always better to educate than subjugate.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@RogerRoger Too much black pepper. As a result it was almost inedible.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Tasuki

@RogerRoger Right. I understand that alot.of derrogatory words nowadays have double meanings problem is nowadays it's the wrong meaning thats the first thing that comes people minds. And as I said I know England in particular has another word for "cigarette" and to alot of our older users they use that word out of habit without even using it on the derogatory connotation but all it takes is one person to take offence to it and then we have a huge argument in the forums, which honestly I don't want to deal with.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@mookysam Ah, I see! Had a similar incident with some pepper spray once. Nasty!

@Tasuki I have faith in the regulars around here; I don't think anything would ever descend into a huge argument, thanks in large part to the tone you and they set. But point taken all the same.

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

This might be coming a bit out of nowhere: I'm not feeling so well these last weeks. I'm trying to adapt to some new meds I'm taking. But they give me quite a headache.

That's nothing to worry about, but if I sound more grumpy or forget to reply or anything, it's because of that.

Kidfried

Haruki_NLI

Turns out not only did the store I'm in break the revenue record it set on opening day just a week later, but over that first week became the top grossing store in the entire company for the week too.

And I am exhausted.

Plus, I'm finally relapsing with good ol' depression. Started on Tuesday around 11pm, two hours into the overnight shift Complete breakdown due to some...unfriendly folks reappearing, and today around 4pm the same happened again while at work.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Th3solution

@RogerRoger

RogerRoger wrote:

Nevertheless, I'm still flattered that @Jaz007 could possibly mistake my posts for yours, as mine are nowhere near as witty! Lara FTW, though, every time.

Kind of you to say, although I’ve never been given the title of witty. Maybe dimwitted, more like. 😉

@Kidfried @Knuckles-Fajita I hope you guys get to feeling better. I’ve been having some challenging days at work, eating away at me and wearing me down, so I can relate. Hang in there. A new day hopefully will bring relief.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Swee

Was just reading the Wikipedia page for Disc Jam (random, I know). I wanted to read about its reception, which started with this sentence:

Sammy Barker of Push Square felt that the game had the potential to be the next Rocket League in a review of the beta version, due to its smooth online gameplay and high level of player customization, though he conceded it would need more improvement with its control and presentation before it would be ready for mainstream audiences.

Always find it very cool to read about this site on outside media. I tend to think of the site as 'our' community, and see Sammy and the rest of the staff as, well, just them. But it's cool to discover they're looked up to as authorities on PlayStation as well in other media.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic