Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 10,080

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger @Kidfried Yeah, it still works but not a 100% guaranteed even for MHW. I'm just waiting to see if there is a sale from any the local retailers over here.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Fingers crossed!

@Kidfried I was literally just talking to my best friend about all the news from Gamescom and how brilliant everything's been. In some ways, there was a lot more here for me than E3, at least in terms of specifics on what I'm interested in. Announcements are great and all, but the details and gameplay snippets I've seen in the past couple days have gotten me way more hyped for certain things. It's been really, really solid.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Octane

So I was browsing online, looking for some good deals on Darksiders. But man, there's no consistency in their box art. It's an absolute mess. They can't even decide on a font for the game's title.

UntitledUntitledUntitled

Octane

Octane

@kyleforrester87 lol, true, and I hate it too

At least it's not as bad as Alien > Aliens > Alien3 > Alien Resurrection > Prometheus > Alien: Covenant.

Pick one, and stick with it!

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

Got my license earlier in the year, but I’ve only started driving a couple of months ago.
Got my first fine today...£60 for driving in a bus lane...argghhhhhh!!

Down to £30 if paid within 28 days, but that’s ruined my entire day 😑.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Octane I was still learning the roads! A lot of the bus lanes towards my work are suspended, but I guess I got caught out on one that wasn’t... .
Live & Learn.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

AdamantiumClaws

andreoni79 wrote:

@AdamantiumClaws Do you need surgery?

Not sure yet, I have't been formally diagnosed. I plan on seeing a doctor soon. I just that it has been impeding my gaming massively. A lot of games are fine, but RPGs tend to make you button mash one or two buttons and they destroy me.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Kidfried

@AdamantiumClaws never heard of it, but looked it up and that sounds terrible (for gaming as well). What games are fine to play then?

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 I can never look at the Resi Evil 6 logo again after somone pointed out what the 6 resembles....

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

AdamantiumClaws

Kidfried wrote:

@AdamantiumClaws never heard of it, but looked it up and that sounds terrible (for gaming as well). What games are fine to play then?

Hopefully I can get some methods to cope from a doctor or something. But most games don't irritate too much, it's just ones like Kingdom Hearts and Mario and Luigi series that do it, where you have to button mash or press the same button repeatedly. I never really had issues with Fallout when I played it. But most other RPG's seem to like to make you button mash.

Even the rocks do not recall.

RogerRoger

@AdamantiumClaws Many games now are including accessibility options that circumvent button-mashing. When I recently replayed Uncharted 4, I found the constant prompts to hammer square or triangle quite frustrating, so I went into the options and there's a toggle to replace "repeatedly press" with "press and hold". It was a much more enjoyable experience. Always have a look-see in the options menu of anything you're playing.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're suffering. With any luck, more and more games will take this into consideration (it does seem to be JRPGs that are the worst offenders, alas).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Whenever I encounter a button mashing sequence I think it feels kind of dated anyway. There doesn't seem to be any fun in it, and it hardly ever fulfills any function at all.

Kidfried

andreoni79

@AdamantiumClaws My mum needed surgery and it took one month to fully recover and now it's all fine. Consider she was 50 and it was due to hard manual work. If you are young and the problem is just started then medicines and orthopedic supports could be enough.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

RogerRoger

@Kidfried You're absolutely right. Part of me feels like button-mashing really took hold when the Wii was around, and other consoles were desperate for a substitute in places where the Wii would input motion controls. Since I play a lot of licenced games and multi-platform titles, I would notice a heck of a lot of button-mashing in things I was playing on PS2 or PS3 when there'd be a Wii version out there, completely devoid of button-mashing.

Nowadays, the biggest examples tend to be in games that have always implemented them and don't wanna change the gameplay too much (like the aforementioned Uncharted).

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@AdamantiumClaws @andreoni79 i had surgery to fix mine a few years ago and it took about a month to recover, i worked in the Engineering sector, that's how mine developed

on a side note i was able to start drawing again afterwards too

EDIT, here is one of my pictures if your intrested

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic