Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 10,077

BAMozzy

I have only bought 2 digital games so far this gen - Ratchet and Clank & Infamous: First Light - both cheap in a sale and both games I wasn't bothered about having in my collection. I know how 'easy' Digital games can be to jump into at 'any' time as I have GwG/IGC games too - although I never count these as games I own. Even though I am disabled, it doesn't take me more than a few minutes to swap discs and be playing that game. Being an OLD gamer, I remember the times when changing a game meant that I would be able to go and eat my dinner, make a drink etc and come back to see the loading screen nearly finished drawing. With some games, it could take five minutes to find exactly where it was on a tape. I think modern games are super fast to get into today - as fast, if not faster than the N64 cartridges - especially if you powered down the console first to take out the cartridge before switching them and powering up - as you should do.
I know that Digital is faster and means you don't have to move - being disabled as I am should make that easier for me but I still prefer physical. Something to actually hold for my money, something that I can actually see in my growing collection on the shelf and, as a collector, I like the steel books, the art books etc that comes with collectors/special/limited editions too. I have never bought a USB flash drive and used the one from my Saints Row 3 limited edition to upload the PS OS when I swapped my Pro's 1TB drive for a 2TB drive.
I don't trade my games in, so its not like I buy physical because of that. Although maybe if times get really tough, I could sell my older games (my OG XB, 360 or PS3) along with the console to a retro games collector maybe even my PS4, XB1 games/consoles by that point. It will be worth more than a console with a 'digital' library as the person buying won't be able to play the digital games so they are 'worthless' (unless you also sell your profile too - assuming that there is still 'online' support and access to those games at that point).
I think there is something special about getting a new game, breaking the seal and opening it up for the first time. Seeing any artwork on the disc, looking through any artbooks or extras that came with them whilst waiting for it too install. Having two consoles can mean I can play on one whilst the other installs the new game or even watch something on TV until its ready - its still preferable to buying Digital for me.
I think its great that we are given the choice between digital and physical - that way people can decide which format is best for them. I would hate to see us forced to buy 1 or the other - especially forced to buy digital only as there is no 'competition' to drive prices down.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Fight_Teza_Fight

Anyone seen this?
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7606548
Mini Commodore 64!
Well before my time, but I kinda want it !

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki Didin't realise this was a thing. Must have missed that, as I only really frequent PushSquare and NL. Pretty cool nonetheless. I imagine the majority of SNES classics will end up on virtual console one day, but 60 retro games for £70 is very tempting.
@LieutenantFatman Been thinking that too. I was born in the 90's, so it would be cool to experience some gaming history. Very tempting indeed.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Rudy_Manchego

@Fight_Teza_Fight I played a C64 a lot with friends and this is probably a step too far for me to get into nostalgia wise. I can't remember any games, only that I completely sucked at all of them!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

@Rudy_Manchego Haha, same here! It's a bridge too far for me. Some of these aged terribly, but I get how cool it is to a actually own them.

Had a real great evening myself. One of the country's leading orchestra's performed an evening full of game themes. And it was pretty PlayStation focused too. Great performances of some of my favorite games' tunes:

• Skyrim
  • Fallout 4
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • Abzu
  • Journey
  • Horizon
  • Killzone
  • Witcher 3
  • And some more...

Was really special to see these performances. Especially Horizon (with original singer Julie Elven) and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (such a unique moment to see that music performed live) were highlights.

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried Oh wow that sounds amazing - I love all those soundtracks (even if I haven't played the game). I love Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. That is my go to album when I need to destress or chill out.

I am incredibly jealous!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

@ZurapiiYohane Nice one. Enjoy your new headset !
I kind of cooled off on VR after the launch window, but Skyrim brought me back.
Now I'm using it more than ever.
Check out Wayward Sky, which I just beat (~3hours), it's a wonderfully charming game. Think you would enjoy it.
https://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/wayward_sky

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

FullbringIchigo

OK i wasn't sure where to put this so i thought i would put it here

Star Trek Bridge Crew Gets Non-VR update

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/star-trek-bridge-crew-now-pl...

@Tasuki if you could find out where this goes it would be appreciated as i think some people would like to know

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki ok thanks

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

bbtothe

Can anyone remember the name of a game Sammy did an article about (probably around 6 months ago, maybe longer) about an upcoming dungeon crawler co-op game that had a somewhat cartoony art style (lots of vibrant greens, pinks and blues irrc) and had an old school zelda vibe? Been searching the net for fricking ages and can't find anything

Edited on by bbtothe

bbtothe

PSN: bbtothe

BAMozzy

@bbtothe That could be several different games - was it Japanese or Japanese inspired? Isometric (Diablo 3 style) or top down (like Zelda on Gameboy)? Pixel art? Single player and/or co-op?

There is these that I found:-
Riverbond
Wizards of Legend
Happy Dungeons
Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku!
Nine Parchments - probably the closest I think to your vague description.
AereA

Maybe its not one of these but these are the few I have found...

Edited on by BAMozzy

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

bbtothe

@BAMozzy it would be Western made I would guess, top down. Certainly not pixel art, something kind of like cuphead but more vibrant and modern. Not sure if single player but the video and article led towards co-op play as the focus.

found it - The Swords of Ditto

Edited on by bbtothe

bbtothe

PSN: bbtothe

BAMozzy

@bbtothe actually top down - like the old Zeldas or more 'isometric view' like Diablo 3?

Have you checked out the list of games I provided?

Super Dungeon Bros and Happy Dungeon are the two that spring to mind.

Edit: Didn't even think of that one...

Edited on by BAMozzy

Fight_Teza_Fight

Nightmare start to the year.
Was out all day yesterday, whilst we had visitors at home.
They tried (unsuccessfully) to get the VR set up and in the process somehow 'broke' the PS4.

Woke up this morning to find the PS4 in safe mode, wanting to download the latest update from playstation.com for re-installation...

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

FullbringIchigo

@Fight_Teza_Fight yeah that's why i don't let ANYONE touch my stuff

Th3solution

@Fight_Teza_Fight Ooow... that sucks. I guess those guests are never invited back again ;P That’s bad luck, man. Maybe this means the rest of the year will only get better for you. I hope you can fix whatever they broke.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic