Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,192

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Cool. I'll look forward to screenshots!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON If you'd seen screenshots from the game before, you wouldn't be saying that.

Edited on by RogerRoger

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah i will mainly because it gets the game back to it's own story again and because i hate to leave things unfinished, every other season is 100% and it would just tick me off if i had one that wasn't

oh and as for Hidden Evil i found my copy a few days ago when i was re-arranging my room although i don't have a gaming P.C anymore and my laptop doesn't have a disc drive so i can't play it

i also found my copies of Generations, Klingon Honour Guard, Elite Force, Elite Force 2, The Fallen and Dominion Wars with it

do you want control of the games you buy, do you want to be able to play them when you want to with out needing to pay a monthly subscription & also pay the cost of the game

do you NOT want a faceless company to take your games away at a moments notice if so then #BoycottStadia

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo You'll have to let us know if it's any good. Hope it is!

Good retro discovery, by the way. Elite Force 2 is one I was considering at some point, too (and will consider more seriously now that I'm used to aiming with a mouse).

Would love to play Generations with the full voice cast but alas, it's apparently unworkable now.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger really that's a shame, i loved that game when i was younger

i'll have to go round my brothers and load it on his P.C see if it works or not

do you want control of the games you buy, do you want to be able to play them when you want to with out needing to pay a monthly subscription & also pay the cost of the game

do you NOT want a faceless company to take your games away at a moments notice if so then #BoycottStadia

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, I watched a bit of it on YouTube and immediately wanted it.

Hope you can get it working!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Speaking (in the other thread) about 'salty inferior console version tears' - I'd forgotten how janky the frame rate is on Elite Force on PS2!

Graphically it's not too bad, and doesn't look terrible over component - but it is quite choppy!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah and it has more load screens than Sonic 06 but it's still loads of fun

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON @FullbringIchigo I've always said that Elite Force on PS2 is "playable" but there are some sections towards the end which will stretch that word to its limit.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger to be honest though it was no mean feat to get a P.C game to run on a PS2, you have to give them props for just getting it to run on the system

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Oh, absolutely. It was still good enough for me to consider it a favourite for many years.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger so here are a few old P.C games i dug out of a box recently, i'm thinking of getting back into P.C gaming, as much as i love playing on consoles for some reason both Sony and MS seem to be moving more towards streaming and services and i don't really want any part of that kind of future

anyway back on to the game they are both Star Trek and Star Wars but there are some awesome games here

Star Trek Hidden Evil and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Untitled

Star Wars Best of P.C (Contains Empire at War, Knights of the Old Republic, Battlefront, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Republic Commando) and Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Untitled
Untitled

and Star Trek Elite Force and Elite Force II
Untitled

my brother gave me his old Laptop, he broke the screen but i can hook it up to my TV so that's not a problem, it also has a DVD drive so i'm going to boot them up and give them a go

EDIT: i also found my Star Trek The Motion Picture 20th Anniversary soundtrack CD, say what you want about the film but it's soundtrack was awesome
Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Much retro! Awesome, thanks for sharing!

It's the 40th Anniversary of The Motion Picture around about now. I might give it a watch this week and you're absolutely right, that soundtrack is perfect.

And since it's up there, will you be getting the remaster of Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast on Tuesday?

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yep i will and Jedi Academy when it comes out next year too

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Awesome, me too. I'm kinda more excited for Jedi Academy because you get to play as an alien, but I'm keen to see how Kyle Katarn's story continues as well.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger Jedi Academy was a great game such a shame Disney scrapped all the old EU stuff

although it's strange how they are bringing a load of it back out now after the reception to their films was lukewarm at best

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I think they were so keen to establish their new brand, but now they're just keen to make money and particularly in gaming lately, nostalgia sells.

We'll see the same with Star Trek eventually, I'm sure... kinda already are, with Picard.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

LN78

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger Did you chaps see that the judge found in favour of Team Discovery and threw Anas Abdin's "Tardigrade" plagiarism lawsuit out of court? The US has ridiculously lax laws when it comes to protecting the IP of private citizens,it seems. Change a few of the names and colours and you're good to go. In all honesty I didn't read very deeply into the case but superficially at least the similarities between the game and certain elements from Season 1 were far too stark to be written off as mere coincidence. I don't know about you fellows, but I hate it when the vast corporations with all the dollars win in cases like this.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

PSN: Lanooch

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 actually i didn't know that had been dealt with already, i thought it was still going on but sadly in this world money talks and normally it's the guy with the most money who wins although if you go back and look at the game the only thing they both have in common is that Tardigrades were used for space travel (which Discovery dropped pretty quickly) and nothing else plus Discovery actually started development in 2013 after Into Darkness ended a full year before Tardigrades the game was announced

now i'm not defending CBS here because they have done some really crappy stuff to a lot of people in the past but i think this time at least there wasn't any plagiarism going on here and is probably just that rare occasion where 2 people had the same idea at roughly the same time

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic