Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 841 to 860 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger my guess is Beverly, Geordi and Worf will show up in season 2

as for Janeway, B'Elanna and Tuvok i doubt it unless it was just a cameo ala like in nemesis although in season 2 i wouldn't mind them stopping by DS9 and seeing Captain Kira (assuming Bajor did join the Federation after DS9 ended) Dax and Bashir again

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger in case you want to see them the official Star Trek page has uploaded all the SDCC panels

StarTrek.com Videos

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Thanks. I flicked through the one for Picard to see the highlights, but I'd have loved to see / hear the crowd reaction to the trailer more; alas, they cut away.

Still hasn't stopped me watching the trailer a dozen more times today, but hey!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger me either the trailer is awesome

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger apparently Season 3 of Discovery has started production

normally they would make a big show and dance about that but they just did it in a response post on Twitter, that's odd

perhaps they are waiting for STLV to announce it but it's an odd way of doing it for what is supposed to the tent pole in CBS's Star Trek franchise (and yes i say CBS's because they didn't do any of the older shows, that was Paramount

oh and no new news on the potential CBS/Viacom merger yet

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Well, they cast somebody as well, didn't they? So they were obviously getting close, but there's more to the franchise than just Discovery nowadays. With all the hype surrounding Picard, there probably isn't the need to go "Look, remember Star Trek is a thing!" as much.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger probably or they know Discovery hasn't really resonated with the fanbase so they don't want to spoil the hype going around Picard just yet

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo True; if they really are working to fix Discovery with this new season, they're gonna wanna be quiet about it, in case it doesn't work out.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger that's what i was thinking

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo If the allegations are true, then I agree with you fully.

If the allegations are true.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yep there is that but lets be honest it's been happening a lot in film and TV lately so chances are it is

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I know, and also the fact that six separate women came forward and described similar stories does speak to a pattern of behaviour... but still, let the law be the law and we'll see if it goes to trial.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger it will probably be settled out of court like most are

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger So the LAST Star Trek Discovery expansion for Star Trek Online has been announced and is called Awakening

Untitled

Blurb is as follows

It’s time to return to 2410, Captains. Our multi-part, expansion-over-time that began with Age of Discovery and ended with Rise of Discovery is now complete, and with it we’ve brought a ton of excitement to Star Trek Online. A entirely new faction, a revamped tutorial experience, and six new episodes starring beloved actors Mary Wiseman, Jason Isaacs, and Rehka Sharma brought the story of Star Trek: Discovery to Star Trek Online. We gave experienced players more to do with updates like Random Task Force Operations, Tier 6 Reputations, and Personal Endeavors. And we unleashed the Featured Task Force Operation system, bringing new stories and experiences to our game more often.

Now, we’re moving back to our main setting, the year 2410. And we’re bringing Anthony Rapp with us.

Rapp, known to Star Trek fans as Paul Stamets on Star Trek: Discovery, is the star of our next content update, Star Trek Online: Awakening. During Age of Discovery, players witnessed J’Ula and her Klingon forces steal Mycelial technology, which pulled them forward to the year 2410. Captains must now follow this ruthless Klingon matriarch back to the 25th century to ensure she doesn’t corrupt the entire Mycelial Network in pursuit of her own dangerous agenda. Unfortunately, the insurmountable threat J’Ula poses to the universe also draws out the Elachi, who fear her actions will lead to the destruction of their home planet - and they will stop at nothing to protect it. In order to complete their mission, Captains must rely on the help of an astromycologist expert, a sentient hologram of the legendary Lieutenant Commander Paul Stamets from the U.S.S. Discovery to help them track down J’Ula and repair the tears she’s caused in the fabric of space.

Awakening will also shine a new light on Patrols, with a system that makes them easier to find and easier to play – and offers new rewards. We’re celebrating this by launching five brand new Patrols with Awakening, that see you jetting around the galaxy with Stamets and STO favorites like Captain Kuumaarke, stopping Ju’la’s plans. In addition, there will be a Mycelial Event coming which allows you to earn a new T6 Elachi ship by completing the new episode, patrols and TFO. Additional details will be released in the days leading up to Awakening’s launch on September 10th.

there was also a teaser Trailer

I'm guessing the September 10th release date is for the P.C and the console will probably be about a month later like normal but they are finally wrapping up the Discovery stuff so what's next Lower Decks or Picard?

my bets on Picard as that is the one that most seem interested in

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, it'll likely be Picard next. As much as I support the idea of Lower Decks, I think a lot of people aren't gonna consider it canon. Which I'm also fine with.

I hope they fix some of the PS4 issues, though. I was on last night and my 24th Century starships still sound like the USS Discovery whenever they jump to warp. Not just Federation; my Romulan Warbird suffers the same glitch. There's also some nasty lighting bug which makes all the walls look streaky in some environments, including my Son'a bridge. Not good.

Despite all this, I was sorely tempted to drop £30 on the Narendra-Class. I'm so hopeless!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i noticed that but i'm currently going through my Discovery characters story because i have done all the story and side stuff with my original character so it's not an issue for me right now

also according to this interview

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-trek-online-discovery-anth...

the Stamets in the game is actually a Hologram so i wonder how that was made?

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Well, they have holographic technology aboard the USS Discovery, but we've also seen the immense power of holodecks in The Next Generation and Voyager when it comes to recreating historical figures from a generalised profile (for example, I'm pretty sure nobody had an accurate 3D scan of Crell Moset, but Ensign Tabor recognised his holographic recreation straight away). I'm pretty sure that Starfleet records are detailed enough to conjure up anybody who's served with them before.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yes but all the information about the Spore Drive was sealed after the events of season 2, of course after the events in STO it's possible Starfleet unsealed them being as everyone now knows about it but would you really need a holographic avatar to help you

still it's interesting and it's at least a way to bring the character in without messing with the continuity

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Oh, it's a great conceit to get Stamets into the 25th Century, agreed.

From the brief plot blurb above, it sounds like this evil Klingon is manipulating spore drive technology for her own ends, causing destruction and posing a threat to the quadrant. We've seen Starfleet crack open sealed intelligence files for less! Creating a holographic guide to help explain this sudden dump of life-changing technological information is only logical. Think of Star Trek: Insurrection, when Admiral Dougherty said that Starfleet's best scientific minds had studied Son'a technology and failed to understand or duplicate it... and that was simple element extraction. An entirely new, basically alien propulsion system would definitely need to come with instructions, no matter how clever your Chief Engineer is.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic