Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 621 to 640 of 2,292

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo What a reaction. Love it!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i know right, it was perfect

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger

I'm just going.to say it... I don't like it

The collar, the stacked 'v' lines, pip-placement, depth of the colour block...

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well don't forget CBS made them redo them at the last minute, i expect in season 2 the uniforms will be more refined

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

Hey anybody remember these box sets
Untitled

they were bloody expensive so this was the only one i ever got, thank goodness for DVD's hey

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Nice!

The only videos I used to 'buy' as a kid were the Red Dwarf ones. When we'd upgraded to a long play video plus capable video (VCR for non Brit's I suppose ) I ended up with dozens of tapes brimming with Star Trek, B5 and Lois & Clark

Pretty sure I still have some of them at my mom's house!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i have loads of Trek that i taped off BBC 2 back in the day, not sure where they are though but i had shelves full of them

you know with modern technology i'm surprised they haven't been able to make high quality (DVD quality at least) Tapes that don't degrade, it would be amazing if they did that

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I'm pretty sure that Beta Max is still used in some broadcast media. That was better than DVD quality (but the tapes were expensive and too short, so VHS 'won').

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Also, not sure of your experience - or even if it was true; but I have ingrained playground knowledge that you 'weren't allowed' to keep something recorded from the television for more than a week... It was the law apparently! #fightthepower

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON pfftt like anyone ever really kept to that

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Of course not

I did however hide the copy of Guns & Roses Live in Paris that my mate had recorded for me off of Sky 1 in case anyone 'came for it'!!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON That's actually true. Recording from television was, and still is I think, illegal in the UK. It's one of those silly technicality laws that we never enforce. The way VHS companies got around selling massive multi-pack stacks of tapes in supermarkets is that they were supposedly for private home video use only (so, making copies of stuff you later sent in to Jeremy Beadle in the hopes of getting £150). Same for DVD-R and all that nowadays. It's also technically illegal to rip an audio CD and transfer its music to another device but again, who's gonna enforce that?

@FullbringIchigo Epic TNG VHS set!

When I was a kid, I'd only see my father at the weekends. First thing Saturday morning, we'd ride our bikes over to the local library and rent out the latest Star Trek: Voyager VHS tapes and watch the double bill with takeout on Saturday night. Good times.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i still have a load of old Trek VHS's from various series and the first 9 movies too

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i know this is a Star Trek page but as your a Star Wars fan i thought you might like to see this behind the scenes picture from Episode IX and we finally get to see the Knights of Ren

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Unclean!

Seriously though, this film is going to have to go a long way to redeem Episode VIII!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON to be fair VIII wasn't a bad film in itself, it just wasn't a very good Star Wars film

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo No, it is a bad film (a terribly put together film, actually) - and a bad Star Wars film.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON there are plenty of worse films out there, Godzilla 1998, Mortal Kombat Annihilation, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier just as examples

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo There are worse examples certainly. But that doesn't stop TLJ being a poor film.

It's fair to say that from intent to execution, the three films you mention there are actually more proficient than TLJ in what they set out to do.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well i suppose you could argue that The Last Jedi did what Johnson and Kennedy set out to do with it but it didn't follow on from what JJ set out in Episode VII

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic