Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 301 to 320 of 2,292

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo Use the TV Show thread if you want to discuss Dr Who after all that's what it's for is it not? I doesn't make sense to have a TV Show thread if people are just going to make an individual threads for each show out there

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki honestly i had completely forgot we had a TV thread

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

anyway back on topic

Star Trek Online's: Age of Discovery update will soon be arriving
Untitled

and i was wondering now that Victory is Life is over where you satisfied with the DS9 focused story or do you think they should have done more with it before creating another new opening for a Fed character again or did they do enough?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Honestly, I haven't done anything with Victory is Life yet, except wander around the new DS9 hub (which is awesome, so many in-jokes). But I can understand the rush to get a Discovery-centric story out there; it is the current incarnation of the franchise, after all.

Do you reckon it was good enough? They don't seem to have left much time between releases.

PS: Thanks for tagging me in your attempted Doctor Who topic, but I'm forced to agree with the mods. Star Trek has current, ongoing and new games being produced alongside Hollywood films, multiple television shows and comics, books, etc. and we'd derailed several other topics with Trek talk before, so I think there is a valid distinction (and this is a gaming forum, after all). Besides, I can't watch Doctor Who until it arrives on Netflix anyway, so wouldn't be able to contribute much to an ongoing discussion of the new episodes, I'm afraid, but I hope you'll post about it in the TV Show topic, because I'm interested to read your thoughts.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i probably wont be posting on Doctor Who, if people wanted to talk about it then they would be already

as for STO honestly from what i played on P.C it's just a rehash of the original Fed opening so honestly NO i don't think they have done enough YET because we have set to see anything of the upcoming episodes, perhaps once it's done then maybe i'll change my mind but as it stands, while it's better than the original in terms of look and sound and probably will be the best place to start a new Fed character it's not really worth restarting a new game for if you have already done the original

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo That sounds like a fair assessment; it's likely so that they can splash some banner ads around when the new season starts in January, try to entice new players. Looking forward to your thoughts on the episodes themselves, but for now I'll just keep playing dabo at Quark's.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger Age of Discovery has officially launched on console

you giving it a go?

EDIT: also if your wondering i did do it on P.C and the entire story is literlyy the original Fed opening with the Agents of Yesterday ending where you end up in the future

a great place to start for new players but unless you want some Discovery items for you party not worth doing if you have already put time into the game

i'm still going to do it again on PS4 though because i obviously have something wrong with me

plus i do want those Discovery things

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I wouldn't say that there's anything wrong with you; people like what they like, and I'm certainly known to push things pretty far for the sake of Star Trek (and a few other franchises; I own three copies of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, for example).

I won't be trying Age of Discovery, at least not yet, as I'm caught up with a few other games. I'll keep an open mind. If the second season of the show impresses me in January, I'll likely log on.

Hope you enjoy and do share anything cool you find!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i will say this, the new ship you get is really nice, i kind of wish i could keep it through the entire game but alas once you get to the 25th century it becomes pretty useless, just like all the other starter ships

and the hand weapons are really good too

i'm actually tempted to buy the Age of Discovery starter pack and get the Walker class as it is a special scaling ship that levels up with you, at it's max it's apparently comparable to a top of the range Tear 4 ship so i should be able to keep it for most of the game

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger OK well at least they are having fun

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo The Walker-Class is actually a pretty gorgeous starship; I like the other scaling ships STO have offered before, so I reckon that'd definitely be worth a look-see. How much is the starter pack?

Also, I won't be able to look at a Klingon in the same way ever again.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger it's on offer at 750 Zen i think, goes up to about 1200 at some point

also notice how Tyler/Voq is back in a Starfleet uniform and i seriously doubt they would have done it just for this video, so is he back on the Discovery in season 2?

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo It's possible that he's granted a field commission or has to be hidden amongst the crew for some reason, or he's been filming flashbacks whilst on the Discovery set. Good thought, though; my brain didn't register that detail (was too horrified by the dancing Klingon).

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i don't think it's flash backs after all he has a full beard but in season one it was trimmed and L'Rell has hair so i'm guessing they are on the Discovery for some reason

FullbringIchigo

OK there is ONE thing about the Age of Discovery update that came out, it's once again changed the story episodes even for older characters so once again i have to re-100% all the episodes (just like with the big update from last year) and to make matters worse most of the new things we have to do are PVE ques so your dependent on other players and if no one is playing those particular missions then your boned and THAT is just plain stupid, PVE missions as part of the story WTF!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo For real? That's awful. I haven't 100% completed all of the story arcs, but most of them and I can't remember a single forced PvE event mission (and I would, as I'd have stopped playing).

If you get real stuck at any point and you see me online, I'll happily lend you a hand. I'm not sure if you can enter or complete PvE missions with just two players but, if so, send me a message on PSN or privately via the in-game Chat window. I won't be very good, mind!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger nah you need at least 5 people to do a PVE event also they don't even que you for the event when you get the mission briefing, you still have to go find it yourself from the PVE menu

they also added some new proper story mission to the Romulan Front story line too, i'm working through them but it's really annoying, i had already done all these story lines so they should stop messing with them

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Urgh. Sorry to hear. That's really annoying.

I wonder if it'll impact trophy unlocks for new players. I'm kinda glad I've done the majority of the story already, because I won't ever replay anything with forced five-person PvE missions.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i don't know honestly, i already have the trophies for those missions

i guess i could go play it on the XB1 and see if it affects any achievements on there as the only thing i played on there was Agents of Yesterday

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic