Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 2,292

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I'm fine with not seeing it - but why did she go to the end of it? I don't think I missed any exposition over the last couple of weeks explaining why they didn't track the Lone Cyberman to an earlier point in the conflict, or even before it - rather than leave billions to die off-screen.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well they kind of did, they said in previous episode that these were the coordinates that they got from Shelly

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo But The Doctor seemingly already knew all about the outcome of the war pretty much as soon as we see them on-planet. Just doesn't jive well.

As I'm on that bent, the head tracking displays on Picard are really annoying. They track for no reason most of the time. The characters are seemingly meant to be looking away at some other piece of HUD/info with exaggerated head movements - but the display doesn't change - at all, ever. It just moves the same display with them.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah i noticed that with the tracking on Picard, it's odd

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

Caught up with Jean-Luc and his motley crew. I really liked this last episode, not least because we finally seem to be getting somewhere. The deep cuts in the lore made me smile (there was an Adventures of Flotter lunch box in there, and the Sikarian space-folding technology was a hugely welcome nod in a scene which could literally have substituted a powerful transporter; I'm loving how much love Voyager is getting in this show, at least in subtle terms... still won't ever forgive it for what it did to poor Icheb, but hey).

It was also nice for Picard to finally encounter one of his good accomplishments, namely Hugh. So much of the previous episodes had focused on him facing his failures, but this was an affirming, positive change of pace and I relished their every interaction.

A small part of me worries that they've left plot acceleration a little late in the season, but they've got four episodes to fix that. Lots of time still to play with, so fingers crossed.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger what do you think of Narek, you think he's going to turn and Join Picard or stick with his sister?

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo I'm more worried with what Narek's sticking in his sister rather than sticking with her.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I think, up until this last episode, we were supposed to believe Narek would switch sides (growing affection for Soji, antagonistic relationship with his sister, etc.) but he's a Romulan spy, so I never formed a solid opinion either way because if anybody's gonna be flexible for plot twist purposes, it's gonna be him. When he actually gassed Soji and then expressed frustration and anger at her escape however, I felt that the show was trying to close that door and affirm his villainy.

@nessisonett They do have a disturbing chemistry in their scenes, don't they? I felt a bit sick picking up on that myself, so I'm glad it's not just me. Fingers tightly crossed for a reveal about "brother" and "sister" just being terms used between Tal'Shiar colleagues.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I think there might have been a wee off-cuff explanation about them being step siblings but I could be wrong. It’s very icky.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 I'm with you on that. It comes off as rather juvenile, and as if the writers really weren't sure how to create a platonic relationship between 'villains' of the opposite sex.

FullbringIchigo

just thought i would add that the new Legacy story is live on STO and you know what it was pretty good

plus you get to shoot Tilly in the face at one point so that should make @LN78 happy

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 nah just Tilly, Stamets, Lorca and Landry

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 Landry was the idiot security chief who let Ripper out and got killed

and Kurtzman always said he was a Star Wars fan not a Trek fan but Orci no longer works with him or ViacomCBS so he wont get the franchise, i think Kurtzman only got the job because he worked on the Kelvin movies

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 yeah it pretty much was them two, not that JJ is a bad director i just don't think he never got what Trek was still saying that i like the films as what they were summer action movies and i also think it's presumptuous to assume Trek can't do other genres like action, it's one of the great things about sci-fi, it's open to any kind of story, the stories just actually have to be good stories

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 Not that you'd know it about Orci! He's a right arse too!

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 An exchange he had with some fans stuck in my mind. Back in '09 I think. Arrogant and dismissive.

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 that's probably why JJ never likes to make sequels, he likes to set things up and let others build upon it

that's just his style

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo JJ doesn't know how to finish things. He's a master 'repurposer' of existing things. Gives them a new lick of paint and sells it all back as new.

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 yes but they wasn't sequels to films he made bar Rise of Skywalker but that was only because he basically had no choice, he tends to direct one film then move on to a producer role, there are exceptions of course

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic