Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 2,292

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 I haven't seen/not aware of a new one. There's one from a few weeks ago that was about that length.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@LN78 Yeah, I think it's the same trailer as before, but it's just been pushed up the rankings in a pre-Christmas, buy-a-stick-and-watch-this-soon marketing push. I'm on board for Picard, with fingers tightly crossed and hope in equal balance with dread, I think.

And thank you for your endorsement of KOTOR. I fully intend to play it properly at some point; I started it at the wrong time, I think, as I had made so many other, more accessible and instant-gratification-providing purchases at the same time, so I simply got distracted by easier fixes. With a contextual hat on, I could see and understand why people loved it so much "back in the day" but that's a tough hat to keep wearing for long periods of time (at least it is for me, when lacking an emotional or nostalgic connection).

Plus I went to Kashyyyk first, and I feel the same about Wookiees as I do about Klingons; I love Chewie (and Worf) but don't take me to his home and start talking to me about boring ancient culture nonsense via a bunch of subtitles. I'll know to go elsewhere first next time and develop a stronger attachment to everybody. That'll see me through.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

so i have been quite ill over the past week and today has been the first day i have been well enough to get out of bed a boot my laptop up but i just wanted to say how sad the news about Rene was and how he will be missed

and also how annoyed i am that Cryptic cut short the DS9 content on STO to focus on Discovery stuff no one wanted and now it's never going to be finished

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 @RogerRoger
Totally forgot to say - I've been finishing of the Jack Ryan show on Amazon, that Picard thing is a new trailer. Lots of what we've seen before but a few new bits added and new voice over.

@FullbringIchigo Is there any chance of community intervention to force the DS9 issue?

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i doubt it, they never even did anything in the game to mark his passing, it was the fans who held a vigil for him

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo You were a day away from getting a "Hey, you okay?" tag, so I'm glad you're feeling better and back online, at least. Hope it hasn't derailed you too much!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i'm still a bit out of it and i can't really concentrate much but that could be down to the medication, it's quite strong

i have also had at max one bowl of soup to eat all week but have dunk enough water to fill a bathtub

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Whatever works to shift things; feel better soon!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i actually tried to play FFX yesterday and i couldn't understand what the hell i was trying to do, my concentration is that bad right now

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 well they always said they a 3 seasons planed but CBS or i should say ViacomCBS now really need to get their act together on Trek, since they started on Discovery they have had more showrunner changes than DC Comics have had reboots

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 I am not in the least bit surprised. I think Chabon was only ever there to distance the production from Discovery anyway.

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger hey you was right, that Day of Trek E4 are doing tomorrow before the premiere of Discovery at 8pm is just a load of Big Bang Theory episodes

what a load of crock, i was hoping for some classic Trek episodes

RogerRoger

@LN78 Interesting; yeah, as @FullbringIchigo notes, I think Patrick Stewart has signed a three-year contract, to cover however many seasons they can make in that time, with an option for more if it's a success (not that many shows nowadays last more than three, maybe four, seasons before they outstay their welcome, good or bad). Depends how much influence Chabon actually had over the show's direction, or whether he was just one voice amongst many. The way Stewart talks sometimes, it sounds like he was pitched an outline and then wrote it himself, so...!

And oh God, my joke about E4 and The Big Bang Theory was right? That's... well, depressing, actually.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger they are also showing the 2009 movie so their big day of Trek to celebrate Discovery has NOTHING to do with Discovery at all

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 good point

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 Bazinga!

I'll get my coat...

RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger @LN78 SO Star Trek: Picard starts this month, and now it's nearly here i thought i would ask

any of you excited/still excited for it or have you done like most of the Doctor Who fanbase has and given up?

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
I wouldn't say excited, no. Interested, curious (possibly morbidly) even; but my expectations are very low.

I expect a good looking (design work aside), well produced modern american sci-fi show with little resemblance to pre-Disco Star Trek trading on past glories. I'm happy enough to be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt I will be.

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I'm gonna order an Amazon Fire TV stick, so that I can watch it in 4K.

But I keep forgetting to place said order... so, I guess a little from column A and a little from column B.

What about you?

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic