Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yes, yes it has

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Ah, nuts. I've never watched it before. Doubt I'll have the time to squeeze it all in before Christmas, but I might be curious enough to watch some of its highlights.

Thanks for the heads-up!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger there is only 20 odd episodes, there should be enough time, if you binge them

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo it's probably fair to say that the relationship with Netflix has soured somewhat.
I'd expect the rest to go once the licenses expire.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah i was thinking that too, i wonder what it means for Discovery, we know Netflix has season 3, even if they aint advertising it at all any more BUT if Netlfix has some kind of exclusivity on it (which apparently it does as well as Discovery spin off shows) and they refuse to pick them up then CBS can't offer them anywhere else and the show is reliant on the money the international distributors pay so as it stands there is a good chance that it won't get a season 4 and that the Section 31 show could get canned

lets hope Picard can do well otherwise this will be the end of Trek i think

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I'm not sure whether Netflix actually fully financed season 3. Whether they did or not, I doubt they'll pick up a fourth season unless the third does incredibly well for them.

I really don't care if Disco and Section 31 get canned. The showrunners are scoundrels of the highest order.

I've very low expectations for Picard, but even if it is terrible and Amazon abandon it - I doubt very much that it'll be the end of Trek. CBS sees it as a cash cow, and if they can continue to license it out without putting their own capital in, they will.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON they did, the last post the official Star Trek Netflix twitter page posted was the confirmation they had it back in March, since then bar a few retweets in April nothing else which is odd given it's had trailers and plenty of news coverage in america

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I know they have it - but I don't think they carried the full production cost as they did previously.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON oh no they didn't even do that for season 2, it's why season 2 had such a tonal shift because it was CBS taking the brunt of the cost that time, i still think the only reason they took such drastic changes to the franchise in season 1 was because they pretty mush had zero risk in it because they didn't even pay for it

came back to bite them in the ass though didn't it

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo That and the woke-bro showrunners stealing ideas.

Sadly, it looks as if enough palms have been greased to get away with that.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON who knows what went on with that, i have seen things saying that CBS came up with the idea before that game was ever announced and things saying it wasn't

issue is at the end of the day it was a "their words against mine" case and that was never going to get anywhere

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Nope. Anas proved with his published at the time conceptual work and after repeatedly delaying, CBS eventually had to turn over browsing history confirming that they had viewed his work long before they could show that any of it was their idea.

After this, they completely changed their defense. They argued that the character similarities to Burnham, Tilly, Stamets, Culber (and them being in a relationship) was coincidental - and(!) that an enormous, blue hued, dimension/space-jumping, space-born tardigrade is not a unique concept... and the judge apparently agreed with that.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well whatever happened it didn't effect Discovery and it probably made his game more well known so it's probably a win for him anyway

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Conjecture, but it's a big part of why the spore drive and tardigrade is sidelined to almost nothing in season 2. If Anas had won, they would very likely owe him damages and possibly a royalty for continued use.

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger so have you managed to see any of The Animated Series yet?

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo No, I've been distracted with other things today. I'm in more of a gaming mood than a watching mood right now (which is good, considering Friday's big release) so give it another couple days and I'll likely be back on Netflix.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON so the official Star Trek web site released a video showing the official Star trek timeline, what's odd is that is has the Animated series in it but NOT Discovery (all though it does end saying there will be at least one more video)

https://intl.startrek.com/videos/watch-a-timeline-through-the...

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Oh, I feel so sorry for them... they put in all that work, to animate and finalise it, and then went and missed "Carpenter Street" (ENT) which takes place in 2004.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger true but that's why Discovery not being on there is so odd too UNLESS the rumours of Netflix not wanting anything else to do with it and that it might be cancelled due to no international distribution is true?

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Well, they've already filmed the third season, so there's at least more to come, as well as Picard and Lower Decks. But the whole "to be continued" thing just might be a tagline, like "The Human Adventure is Just Beginning" at the end of The Motion Picture.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic