Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i love take me out to the Holosuite , that episode was so much fun
Untitled

i also want to give a shout out to "The Magnificent Ferengi", that one happens to be my Dad's favourite episode by the way
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo There's something about watching a bunch of Ferengi sprint through the corridors of Empok Nor that makes me giggle every time. I know a lot of folk don't like the Ferengi episodes from DS9, but "The Magnificent Ferengi" is often their exception to the rule. A heck of a lot of fun; good choice there from your Dad!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Zek and more so Brunt, "F.C.A." are brilliant!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON Brunt was brilliant, Combs was a talented man
Untitled

@RogerRoger i found many of the Ferengi episodes pretty good myself although i can see why they wouldn't be other peoples cup of tea

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo he's a nice guy too. Met him at Destination Star Trek.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

All the previous talk about uniforms made me go back to Star Trek Online and change.

Untitled

Untitled

It's just so good-looking!

@KALofKRYPTON We never did get your favourite and least favourite episodes, did we? No pressure, I'm just curious s'all (especially given your opinion on Voyager!).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger The Racing uniform doesn't look that much different to the Odyssey Captains uniform to be honest when you look at it

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo True! I think I read somewhere that the developers were big fans of the racing uniform, and that's why it was one of the first bonus uniforms they crafted for a special event, later making it available for purchase or something. Would explain the similarity!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Least favourite episodes of Voyager? There are so many!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i posed a question on the previous page Favourite and Least Favourite episode of each series, i think that's what @RogerRoger was on about not just Voyager

FullbringIchigo

hey have you seen the ship you get in the Discovery story mode on Star Trek Online
Untitled

it's called the Malachowski-class and it will probably be a T-1, i really wish they would let us upgrade our ship Tier classes because some of the low tier ones look better than the high tier ones

FullbringIchigo

OH and apparently we are NOT getting Short Treks on Netflix, regardless of if you like the show it's a kick in the teeth that they are exclusive to the U.S, that's NOT the kind of thing they should be doing with Star Trek

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/star-trek-discovery/news/a866697...

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Okay, I'll admit it; that Malachowski-Class is a gorgeous-looking starship!

Shame about the Short Treks, though. I think that's a harsh move; they'll probably be held back for the Season 2 Blu-Ray or something, or Netflix will dump them all online the day before the season premiere (I'm picking up on the story's use of the word "currently" for that last guess).

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger it actually is isn't it plus is it me or is there a TOS Romulan Bird or Prey vibe about it

and as for Short Treks i can see them being on the season 2 DVD/blu-ray sets BUT the problem is they are meant to hold people over until the new series stars as it was delayed si NOT releasing them outside of the U.S is kinda negating that point isn't it

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo A little bit; now that you mention it, however, I'm seeing the bridge and nacelle shape and thinking the 22nd Century Romulan Bird-of-Prey!

Untitled

Oh yeah, it totally defeats the point of them, for sure. Maybe it's a Netflix thing? Maybe they don't want a long marketing lead-up and would rather release them closer to January? It feels like somebody somewhere has made a stupid decision, but we're talking about television executives here, so... yeah.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger it could also be that Netflix paid a tonne for Discovery adn CBS effed them over and cost them loads of money so they don't really want anything else other that what they already paid for

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Also sad but possibly true.

CBS are undergoing a big shake-up at the moment anyway, so here's hoping things will start to settle down soon. I'm not exactly a fan of Discovery, but others are and I'd hate for them to miss out.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i'm kind of 50/50 on it right now, it has potential to be a really good series but it was SO badly mishandled during it's creation and production

hopefully now that Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg are gone and there is stability behind the camera things will improve

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Stability and Jonathan Frakes.

I'm gonna keep watchin' and hopin' and try to stay as open-minded as possible.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah me too, like i said i saw potential there even if the first season was a bit "meh"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic