Forums

Topic: PushSquare Forums Weekend Quiz

Posts 361 to 380 of 450

RogerRoger

@Tjuz Nakmor Drack. He ended up being a favourite of mine, too.

I'd say you're about a third of the way through, maybe a tad more. That's just in terms of core story, though, which you can complete without visiting two of the available planets, including the one with the Krogan on, so definitely explore before triggering the big finale. If you're a "go everywhere and see everything" kinda player, then I'd say you're about a quarter done.

Speaking of Jaal, if you played at launch, be aware that they patched him so that male Ryders can initiate his romance as well. That's the only major change; I mention it just in case!

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."
Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate: 42923.4

Tjuz

@RogerRoger Alright! Thanks for the rec. I'll try to get back into it soon and find the Krogans ! I don't remember whether I played male or female Ryder, but I'll give it a look!

Tjuz

RogerRoger

Okay, so the next quiz will be going live tomorrow, but ahead of what'll probably be quite a large and complex post I thought I'd nominate the next quizmaster now.

I've noticed @KALofKRYPTON has participated before, but never been in charge; fancy a shot?

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Yeah, why not.

Is there a question limit?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON There isn't, but less people tend to participate if you make to many questions. I learned that last time!

10 is average.

Edited on by Kidfried

Wind's howling.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, as @Kidfried states, ten is probably your limit. I personally wouldn't go over that. Tomorrow's will have eight, plus a bonus question, although I'm guessing my take-up will be quite low as I'm trying something a little different.

Thanks for taking up the role! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @Kidfried

Thanks both.

Nothing too difficult for most on here I'm sure. Perhaps the odd obtuse shmup question.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON Just make a quiz about stuff you want. I really like how some weeks I know a lot, and other weeks I'm staring in despair at my screen. It's the charm of it!

Wind's howling.

Tjuz

I just hope I know at least 1 question tomorrow so I can submit SOMETHING! I'm not confident considering RogerRoger is supposed to be the know-all of the forum, haha.

Tjuz

Th3solution

@Tjuz I commonly know nothing but I answer anyways. Someone has to be fodder for @RogerRoger

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Kidfried

I've actually been second behind RogerRoger once, so if the stars align I have a shot at winning this time.

Unless it's going to be a 3D Sonic quiz...

Edited on by Kidfried

Wind's howling.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Actually, given our conversation over the past couple days, I properly can't decide whether you're gonna win by a massive margin, or come dead last.

@Tjuz No fun in designing a quiz nobody can answer! I'm sure you'll do great.

@Th3solution Always brilliantly hilarious fodder, mind.

Tjuz

@RogerRoger @Th3solution I can't wait to most likely be additional fodder. But hey, I want to feel like I at least have a shot at answering one question correctly, haha.

Tjuz

RogerRoger

Alrighty then, it's Friday afternoon (where I am, anyway) so let's do this!

When I did the quiz before, I asked questions about everything except what I consider to be the most important element of the games I love. I had too many questions (and too many ideas) on that particular topic, so kept them to one side in the hopes that I'd be asked to serve as quizmaster again someday. Here's hoping you enjoy answering these as much as I've enjoyed crafting them!

Welcome to...

The Push Square Forums MUSICAL Weekend Quiz
32 Points Available
Please Remember to Spoiler-Tag Your Answers!

The Not-So-Musical Music Round
All Kinds of Questions About All Kinds of Musical Trivia

1) Who composed (and won BAFTAs for) the music in all three PS3 Uncharted games?

2) Esthero, Mya from Destiny's Child, Natasha Beddingfield, Paul Oakenfold, Nicole Scherzinger, Deadmau5 and Joss Stone are seven artists connected by the games of which franchise?

3) Back in May of this year, the world premiere of 'PlayStation in Concert' was performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in London. Name any three of the games represented in the playlist (one point per correct answer).

4) The name of which uniquely-Japanese series precedes '...on the Rocks', '...on the Swing', '...on the Funk' and '...on the Wings' to identify four of its opening songs?

5) PSone rhythm game Vib-Ribbon had a rather unique relationship with music. For two points, can you tell me what it was?

The Musical Music Round
Questions to Test Your Musical Recollection; Headphones On, Everybody!

Please Note: The following videos are unlisted and were created solely for the purpose of this quiz; the YouTube channel upon which they reside has no other content and will never, ever be seeking promotion or publicity. These videos will not appear anywhere else on the internet, ever, and are not monetised in any way. This should comply with the forum rules about posting video content.

Also Please Note: You can ignore the footage itself. I just needed clips for SHAREfactory to put the music over. There are no hidden messages; it's all just random!

6) The following video contains four 30-second excerpts of Main Themes from popular, best-selling games. Their melodies have appeared in at least two separate releases from each franchise, and can be heard at multiple points throughout each game. For each excerpt, identify the franchise for one point and the specific game for two points (possible eight points total).

Theme One:
Theme Two:
Theme Three:
Theme Four:

7) Here's some gameplay footage from Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes which I've re-scored using the soundtrack from an earlier Metal Gear game. For two points, tell me which specific game the music comes from.

8) Back to the dancing LEGO figures... this video contains four more 30-second excerpts from game soundtracks, but they're not recognisable Main Themes; rather they're from certain levels or iconic sequences. For each excerpt, there's a point for identifying the franchise, two points for identifying the specific game and three points for identifying the specific level or sequence from which I've taken the music (possible twelve points total).

Headphone Warning: There is a sudden loud noise at 0:47 seconds!

Track One:
Track Two:
Track Three:
Track Four:

Bonus Question
For an extra two points, with no context, can anybody correctly identify the music featured in this video?

And that's your quiz for this weekend! Best of luck to anybody giving it a go, and apologies to anybody who isn't in a position to be able to listen to the music and answer fully; I appreciate that I may have low take-up because of that, but please do give the traditional text-based questions a shot.

I'll close the quiz down mid-afternoon on Monday 15 October (UK Time) and have answers and results shortly thereafter.

Enjoy!

Edited on by RogerRoger

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Well this looks rather good doesn't it?!

Can't do it today as I'm at work then off to the flicks - but I'm looking forward to it

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Why yes, I do have a lot of free time right now...

Thanks, hope you have fun at the cinema and then with the questions!

mookysam

Those Lego Stormtroopers sure can dance! I'm currently listening to the music over and over haha. I think I have a few (maybe).

Switch FC: SW-7078-8737-1884

PSN: mookysam

Tjuz

This just shows me that I need to play more games! I'm truly an uncultured swine when it comes to video games.

1. I don't know composers. I will go with..... whoever composes Michael Bay movies.

2. No idea. Considering Skrillex recently joined Kingdom Hearts in the most random video game news I've ever seen... I'll go with Kingdom Hearts.

3. Also no clue, but this is probably very guessable. I'll go with The Last of Us, Uncharted and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

4. Well, there's clues in the question in that there's at least 4 games and the title of the franchise needs to work with the parts of the titles we know! Umm... I'll say Persona.

5. The music was personified by living ribbons?

6. Theme One: Sounds western-y, and I actually booted up RDR yesterday on PS Now to give it a try and don't recognise it. Therefore I'll go with the only other western game I know: Gun.

Theme Two: No idea. One of the Castlevanias? Symphony of the Night?

Theme Three: This sounds like it'd be in a game with a foreign setting. Prince of Persia? The Sands of Time?

Theme Four: I haven't guessed Tomb Raider yet and you have a Lara Croft picture, so I'll say Tomb Raider II.

7. Just finished Metal Gear Solid 2, and I'm pretty sure the music is from that one, so that's my guess.

8. Track One: No clue. Sounds goofy so I'll say Borderlands. I played the first one and don't recognise it, so I'll guess Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

Track Two: Aha! I knew there'd be a Mass Effect track eventually! This one is called Leaving Earth and plays in Mass Effect 3 at the very start when Shepard and co. have to escape Earth while it's being attacked by Reapers. This is also the only Mass Effect track I'd be able to tell you the name of! Great piece of music.

Track Three: This sounds far too happy and upbeat to be in a video game. I'm gonna guess it's from some kind of platformer. I saw you mention Sonic the Hedgehog in the unpopular gaming thread, so I'll guess that. It's from the 634th Sonic game?

Track Four: This sounds like it'd belong in a JRPG wedding. Final Fantasy VII? I don't know Final Fantasy at all.

Pretty sure I did absolutely awful. I'm confident in at least having gotten 8 points, though!

Tjuz

Kidfried

Wow, you put in quite the effort. Great job @RogerRoger

Can't wait to do this quiz over coffee tomorrow morning.

Wind's howling.

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I'll just answer the bonus question, as it's the only one I have ANY clue about. It's the PS Vita home menu theme!

I can't believe the amount of work you put into this!

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic