Forums

Topic: PushSquare Forums Weekend Quiz

Posts 361 to 380 of 610

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Well this looks rather good doesn't it?!

Can't do it today as I'm at work then off to the flicks - but I'm looking forward to it

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Why yes, I do have a lot of free time right now...

Thanks, hope you have fun at the cinema and then with the questions!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Those Lego Stormtroopers sure can dance! I'm currently listening to the music over and over haha. I think I have a few (maybe).

mookysam

PSN: mookysam

Tjuz

This just shows me that I need to play more games! I'm truly an uncultured swine when it comes to video games.

1. I don't know composers. I will go with..... whoever composes Michael Bay movies.

2. No idea. Considering Skrillex recently joined Kingdom Hearts in the most random video game news I've ever seen... I'll go with Kingdom Hearts.

3. Also no clue, but this is probably very guessable. I'll go with The Last of Us, Uncharted and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

4. Well, there's clues in the question in that there's at least 4 games and the title of the franchise needs to work with the parts of the titles we know! Umm... I'll say Persona.

5. The music was personified by living ribbons?

6. Theme One: Sounds western-y, and I actually booted up RDR yesterday on PS Now to give it a try and don't recognise it. Therefore I'll go with the only other western game I know: Gun.

Theme Two: No idea. One of the Castlevanias? Symphony of the Night?

Theme Three: This sounds like it'd be in a game with a foreign setting. Prince of Persia? The Sands of Time?

Theme Four: I haven't guessed Tomb Raider yet and you have a Lara Croft picture, so I'll say Tomb Raider II.

7. Just finished Metal Gear Solid 2, and I'm pretty sure the music is from that one, so that's my guess.

8. Track One: No clue. Sounds goofy so I'll say Borderlands. I played the first one and don't recognise it, so I'll guess Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

Track Two: Aha! I knew there'd be a Mass Effect track eventually! This one is called Leaving Earth and plays in Mass Effect 3 at the very start when Shepard and co. have to escape Earth while it's being attacked by Reapers. This is also the only Mass Effect track I'd be able to tell you the name of! Great piece of music.

Track Three: This sounds far too happy and upbeat to be in a video game. I'm gonna guess it's from some kind of platformer. I saw you mention Sonic the Hedgehog in the unpopular gaming thread, so I'll guess that. It's from the 634th Sonic game?

Track Four: This sounds like it'd belong in a JRPG wedding. Final Fantasy VII? I don't know Final Fantasy at all.

Pretty sure I did absolutely awful. I'm confident in at least having gotten 8 points, though!

Tjuz

Kidfried

Wow, you put in quite the effort. Great job @RogerRoger

Can't wait to do this quiz over coffee tomorrow morning.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I'll just answer the bonus question, as it's the only one I have ANY clue about. It's the PS Vita home menu theme!

I can't believe the amount of work you put into this!

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

Wow. Just wow.

1) Composer for UC? No idea. Love the music, but don’t know the name of the guy. If I think hard enough it will come..... errrrrggghhh....I’m sensing a Spanish sounding name .....Jaime ....Rodriguez.
2) Deadmau5 is the only one who even remotely rings a bell. Sounds kinda like the Wipeout series.
3) PlayStation in Concert ... vague memories of an article about this ....more straining and looking up in the air.... face is turning red... I’ll guess — God of War, The Last of Us, and Crash Bandicoot.
4) Uniquely Japanese series? What a vague clue. Sheesh... I feel my brain shrinking under the pressure.... I’ll go with Persona.
5) Vib-Ribbon’s unique relationship with music. Seeing as how I have never in all my life heard the term “Vib” used in conjunction with “Ribbon” In fact, I would go so far as to say that Vib is not a word at all. In fact, I believe it is a typo. If it’s not, it must be short for vibration. That’s the relationship—the music vibrates the controller?

6.Theme One- The presence of a harmonica narrows it down. Man that sound like Red Dead Redemption, but is that really a franchise? I guess so.
Theme Two- Batman Arkham ...Knight?
Theme Three- I’m deliberating over two choices. It smacks of Prince of Persia. Sands of Time?
Theme Four - Wow, this one sounds so grandiose. Maybe a large space adventure, like ... Mass Effect ...3?

7.Metal Gear Solid 2
8.Track One- Uh... GTA... 4. And the sequence where you ....kill, uh, someone.
Track Two - Is that the ending sequence of Mass Effect 3?
Track Three- man, this silly song... it must be like a segment from Donkey Kong Country. I literally have no idea
Track Four- a lovely piece. I like it. Sounds like Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, but it can’t be that. Sounds like it should be while you’re climbing a mountain in Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Bonus Question: (And boy, do I need a bonus)
...the simple piano notes, the cyclical flute accents.... it’s none other than...
The Vita’s default theme music!!!!

My brain is fried.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

RogerRoger

@Tjuz You missed taking a shot at the bonus question, in case you wanted to try for two extra points?

Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

@RogerRoger I would, but I already read other replies before I noticed I missed the bonus question so it'd be unfair for me to answer that now. Thanks for noting it, though!

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Tjuz I respect your honesty (so much so that you might get a bonus point for it).

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

Right, one thing's for certain with this crazy quiz - @RogerRoger can't win this one!

1. Having played all three Uncharted PS3 games, I really should be getting this. I believe it was Vanilla Ice. Bonus trivia - he also made a cameo appearance as 'Hired Goon' #373.

2. That's such a diverse group of acts that I'm struggling to even come up with a guess. Going to play it safe and say Guitar Hero.

3. I know a Final Fantasy was one of them... Final Fantasy VII?

4. Naaa na-na-na na-na na naaaaaa Katamari on the swiiiiiiiiiiiiing

5. Basically you removed the Vib Ribbon disc from the PS1 and replaced it with an audio CD of your choosing. Then you would sort of move the white line along in time to your music. 'White Lines (Don't Do It)' by Grandmaster Flash was an excellent song to use, if you could put the unfortunate drug references to the back of your mind.

6. Blimey I thought I'd ace this bit, but it was really difficult!
Theme One I listened to several times over and I can come up with no better guess than Wild Arms, even though it's unlikely to be that. I'd guess at the first game.
Theme Two sounds a bit Tomb Raider-y. Tomb Raider II?
Theme Three sounds vaguely familiar. Uncharted 3?
Theme Four makes me want to stand up and salute. It sounds Star Wars-y, but given the image that would be too obvious. Could it be Mass Effect??
Can I just say I found the dancing Lego characters incredibly hypnotic.

7. This clip reminded me how much I loved Ground Zeroes, thank you for that. I'm saying MGS3: Snake Eater for the music.

8. Track One sounds like something that would have popped up in Tony Hawk's Skateboarding back in the day. Maybe Tony Hawk's 3.
Track Two... I mean I've absolutely no idea on that one. It could be Farming Simulator for all I know. Maybe Farming Simulator 2017? It sounds like quite a melancholy piece, so I'm going to say it's from the sequence where the farmer learns that the BSE has spread beyond containment and he is faced with no other solution than to burn all his livestock. That's probably not the right answer.
Track Three is Sonic, I'm pretty sure of that. Sonic Mania I think. Metallic Madness Zone?
Track Four is in fact the music that plays in my head when I walk around my house in my dressing gown, holding a glass of scotch. But that's unlikely to score me many points, so let's say Final Fantasy X. I like it, whatever it is.

Bonus: Nope, don't know what this is. It sounds like the kind of ambient music that would be playing in a jazz lounge, so I'll take a stab at Yakuza Zero, from one of the bars or something.

Well I've no idea how I fared but that was fun!

I wear the chain I forged in life. I made it link by link, and yard by yard.

PSN: Hallodandy

mookysam

1) No idea. Best I can come up with is*Oda Mae Brown channelling the spirit of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart*. Talented ghost, talented medium.

2) Singstar?

3) Bit of a guess here. Uncharted, Shadow of the Colossus and God of War. Surely the second one, it's music is sublime.

4) This is probably something I've played! Quintessentially Japanese? Yoshi?

5) The PSOne would store the game code in memory and keep playing, so you could then insert your own music CD and rhythm with Vib along to your own tunes. Be it Shirley Bassey, Bette Midler or even a bit of S Club. Not that I listen to those, no. They were, uh, illustratative. Yeah, that's it

The Musical Music Round
Questions to Test Your Musical Recollection; Headphones On, Everybody!

6)

They sound familiar and they don't. I can't get these and I need a cuddle.

Theme One: Little Britain the Game
Theme Two: Petz
Theme Three: Poor Man's Splatoon
Theme Four: Wii Fit

7) I'm currently playing Metal Gear Solid 2, so I think it's from that. Pretty embarrassing if it's not, eh.

8)

Track One: This is so familiar and groovy. I got nothing.
Track Two: Sounds *Mass Effect*ish to me. They sound like the reapers but I don't know the game or track.
Track Three: Sounds Sonic-y perhaps. I know this music! Aargh I can't remember!
Track Four: Tomb Raider II - Venice!

I racked my brain for ages trying to guess those. Only Tomb Raider clicked. As though a lamp turned on in the far distance during a storm. 😂 On the (plus?) side I now have the tunes firmly embedded in my brain, even if I don't remember what games they belong to.

Bonus Question

Vita Home Menu!!!

Wow, you put a huge amount of work into this week's quiz @RogerRoger so thank you for that.

mookysam

PSN: mookysam

RogerRoger

Gremio108 wrote:

Right, one thing's for certain with this crazy quiz - @RogerRoger can't win this one!

But... but I know all the answers...!

Huge thanks to everybody who's participated thusfar; the results have been very interesting (to me, anyway) and several of the comedy ones (at least I hope they were comedy ones...) have had me laughing out loud, as always!

I'm also grateful for your far-too-kind comments [this is where I'd insert a blushing smiley if I knew how... see, I don't know everything!].

To anybody else thinking of taking part, you've got a little over 24 hours remaining!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

Right! It seems that the weekend very much got away from me. So before I've even smelled my morning coffee - here goes!

1. Greg Edmondson
2. Not sure, James Bond?
3. Uncharted, God of War, Journey
4. Oooh... Don't know...
5. The game could use any music cd to build a level from.
6. Theme One: Red Dead
Theme Two: not sure
Theme Three: Prince of Persia
Theme Four: Call of Duty?
7. Snake Eater
8. Track One: no idea
Track Two: The Last of Us, opening credits
Track Three: Sonic Mania
Track Four: hdbdbdb

Bonus: Hahaha Vita!

Well @RogerRoger, that was a brilliantly crafted quiz! Thank you for the effort.

I feel I've not done all that well, but it certainly helped wake me up! I look forward to the scores!

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Thanks for playing!

But could I trouble you to move the spoiler tags to right before the 1. and right after the exclamation mark in your final answer, please? I think tags only work if they're on the same line as the dialogue you're trying to hide, and some folks might still wanna play over lunch.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ah! sorry - didn't even check after I'd posted.

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger In my defense, I was trying to get my coffee sorted, dress and cook breakfast at the same time!

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I turned out a pretty convincing french omelette!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic