Forums

Topic: PushSquare Forums Weekend Quiz

Posts 241 to 260 of 291

Th3solution

Wow, these are tough. I’m going to be terrible on all of it, in fact I expect to not know a single correct answer. But especially the first section since only a couple of those names even sound remotely familiar. I don’t pay much attention to such details, I guess. But I don’t mind taking wild guesses. This will be fun —

Developers:
01) Ken Levine - Bioshock Infinite
02) Jessica Curry - Claire
03) Cliff Blezinski - The Witcher 3
04) Michel Ancel - Kingdom Hearts 2
05) Jade Raymond - Dishonored 2
06) Hermen Hulst - Inside
07) Yuji Naka - Gravity Rush 2
08) Hironobu Sakaguchi - Super Mario Odyssey
09) Shinji Mikami - Yakuza 6
10) John Carmack - COD WWII

WHAT'S THAT REVIEW?
01) Poor man's Splatoon? - Battlefront 2
02) Pilgrim's process - Assassin’s Creed 3
03) Better simulate than never - The Sims 4
04) A study in scatology - Singstar
05) Mourning woods - Fortnite
06) See that mountain? You can climb it - Just Cause 3
07) No strings attached - Unravel
08) Nobody suspects a thing - LA Noire
09) Prepare to daikatana - Nioh
10) The kids aren't alright - South Park The Fractured But Whole

What’s that Song?
1. Sounds like it should be from an epic JRPG. I’ll go with FFIX
2. Something edgy. Let’s see ... GTAV
3. Sounds a little bit like something from Life is Strange. Or The Last of Us. I’ll go with TLoU.
4. Really modern, up beat, and adrenaline producing ... hmmm, how about Watch Dogs 2.
5. (By the way, the video was blocked in the U.S. due to copyright, but I searched the song on Spotify and listened to it.) violins, melancholy ... let’s guess Dragon Age Inquisition. Or The Witcher 3. Nah, I’ll say DAI.

Even though I didnt know any of these, it was one of the funnest quizzes so far. I can’t wait to see the actual correct answers!

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

KratosMD

@Kidfried You should nominate someone now then if you're not going to be ending the quiz until Tuesday.

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

Kidfried

Thanks to those who already joined in.

@DerMeister Did you already do a quiz once?

Wind's howling.

DerMeister

@Kidfried I have not. Thanks for the nomination! I'll be thinking of stuff all week.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Kidfried

@DerMeister It's fun, but I'm actually glad I got nominated relatively late in the week, because these kind of things easily take over my life. Even now, my quiz was initially twice as long. :')

But thanks and good luck

Edited on by Kidfried

Wind's howling.

Fight_Teza_Fight

I guess I'm the quiz is still open, so here goes:

Round 1
01) Ken Levine- Bioshock Infinite
02) Jessica Curry- PASS
03) Cliff Blezinski- Radical Heights
04) Michel Ancel- PASS
05) Jade Raymond- PASS
06) Hermen Hulst- Horizon Zero Dawn
07) Yuji Naka- Sonic Forces
08) Hironobu Sakaguchi- some mobile game with a weird title
09) Shinji Mikami- The Evil Within 2
10) John Carmack- PASS

Did Neil Druckmann work on Lost Legacy? I thought that was the ND 'B Team'?

Round 2
01) Poor man's Splatoon?- Da Blob
02) Pilgrim's process- PASS
03) Better simulate than never- Super Seducer?
04) A study in scatology- PASS
05) Mourning woods- Night in the Woods
06) See that mountain? You can climb it- Breath of the W...oh wait...Skyrim Special Edition?
07) No strings attached- PASS
08) Nobody suspects a thing- Keep talking and nobody explodes
09) Prepare to daikatana- PASS
10) The kids aren't alright- Oxenfree

Round 3
1) Final Fantasy VI
2) inFamous Second Son
3) Bioshock Collection?
4) FIFA18

Thanks for the quiz @Kidfried !

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

DerMeister

Is the quiz still open, @Kidfried? I've got my quiz ready, but I'd rather not post it until the results for the current one are in.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

Kidfried

ROUND 1: WHO'S THAT DEV?

01) Ken Levine: Bioshock Infinite
02) Jessica Curry: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
03) Cliff Blezinski: LawBreakers
04) Michel Ancel: Rayman Legends
05) Jade Raymond: Watch Dogs
06) Hermen Hulst: Horizon Zero Dawn
07) Yuji Naka: Sonic Riders
08) Hironobu Sakaguchi: Final Fantasy XII
09) Shinji Mikami: The Evil Within 2
10) John Carmack: Doom

ROUND 2: WHAT'S THAT REVIEW?
For this round I also counted any answer in the same series. As it sometimes was hard to tell those apart of course.

01) Poor man's Splatoon?: De Blob
02) Pilgrim's process: Journey
03) Better simulate than never: The Sims 4
04) A study in scatology: The Binding of Isaac
05) Mourning woods: Until Dawn
06) See that mountain? You can climb it: Celeste
07) No strings attached: Unravel
08) Nobody suspects a thing: Octodad
09) Prepare to daikatana: Nioh
10) The kids aren't alright: Danganronpa

ROUND 3: WHAT'S THAT SONG?

01) Mozart - Requiem in D minor: Bioshock Infinite
02) Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box: Infamous Second Son
03) Jamie Lidell - Compass: Red Dead Redemption
04) Damian Marley - Make It Bun Dem: Far Cry 3
05) Alela Diane - Take Us Back: The Walking Dead Telltale

Edited on by Kidfried

Wind's howling.

Kidfried

So, who wins?

4. Th3solution: 4 points
3. Fight_Teza_Fight: 5 points
2. mookysam: 8 points
1. RogerRoger: 11 points

By the way, there weren't a lot of contestants this week. No problem, I had a lot of fun making the quiz anyway. But did you think it was perhaps too long or too difficult?

With this style of questions I tried to make it into a quiz that, whether or not you knew the answers, everyone had a shot. But maybe I did something to scare people off anyway?

ANYWAY... CONGRATS TO OUR WINNER!

Edited on by Kidfried

Wind's howling.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Hey, when I did my quiz I only had three participants!

Sometimes, folks are just busy; I don't think it's ever the fault of the questions, and I certainly enjoyed taking part, even though I barely knew any of the answers.

Also keep in mind that your quiz was for the first weekend of Spider-Man, one of the most anticipated games of the year. Most people from around here were busy playing it, and the forum has been relatively quiet this past week as a result, I've noticed.

One of the best things about this topic is that everybody crafts a different, unique quiz and yours have been innovative and interesting, so I wouldn't worry!

Great quiz, thank you. And I'm not just saying that because I won. Again.

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."
Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate: 42923.4

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Thanks for the words of comfort. I wasn't nesecarily worried, but if there's anyway for me to improve my questions for a possible next time, I like to hear.

Wind's howling.

KratosMD

I don't participate in general anymore because I feel like there are way too many questions and difficult ones at that in each quiz. I mean, we used to have 5-6 questions when Mcnoisy first started doing these and now we have dozens for some reason. The more questions you add and the more difficult you make them, the less accessible the quiz will be, not to mention how time consuming they become.

I haven't been vocal about this until now since you guys seem to still be enjoying them. But if the amount of respondents decrease then you should probably realise that this could be the reason. You're also giving yourselves more work, especially when considering this is a weekly thing and we're doing this on our free time. It's important to pace yourselves.

But that's only my 2 "ören" as @Kidfried put it the other day. You guys are obviously free to do the quiz however you like, but it's still important to think it through carefully.

Edited on by KratosMD

PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

DerMeister

@KratosMD Interesting note. I'm currently looking over my questions, and I tried to be as generous as I could without being super easy, while having a few curveballs. I also have 10 questions, which I actually did to balance out the curveballs. I might just post it as is, but I'm considering cutting a couple.

Kidfried

@KratosMD Well, I'll keep that in mind if I get chosen for another one in the distant future.

Honestly though, I didn't find the questions this time around difficult, but too much I can surely see that. To think I started out with 40 questions and removed 15 already. :')

Wind's howling.

KratosMD

@DerMeister That's up to you man. Honestly, you shouldn't be changing stuff just because of one person's opinion, but if you feel like the changes could improve the overall quality of the quiz then by all means. It's obviously hard to cater to everyone so I didn't mean to put any pressure on you.

I just feel like the amount of questions ever since the first quiz has just kept increasing. Personally, 10 questions would be enough for me. It's not too many, but also not too few for those who want more questions.

Edited on by KratosMD

Th3solution

I just keep trudging out answers every week despite my obvious ineptitude. 😂
But it’s all in good fun. I just give my first impression and try not to put a ton of thought into it, so I don’t have an issue with the total question count. I like how each quiz writer has a little different approach actually. I quite enjoyed the questions about the Push Square review tag lines and the “Name the game” the music is from, even if I didn’t know hardly any of the answers.

You all are just over-achievers. The view down here from last place is sublime

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

KratosMD

@Kidfried I mean your questions were probably not difficult but seeing all the people before you post tons of questions (most of which were difficult) has discouraged me to even bother with the quizzes anymore, which is shameful since I always want to promote participation in activities and polls on the forums.

Which is why I still feel a responsibility of keeping this thread going since it's become a tradition now at this point. But if we're going to be holding a weekly quiz months or maybe even years from here on out, then maybe we need to pace ourselves.

I feel like I'm the only one with this opinion here though since everyone else have been enjoying themselves, so don't put too much weight into my comments. I just wanted to get this out there, that's all.

Edited on by KratosMD

Kidfried

@Th3solution I did love reading your takes on the questions. Who knows that I would have answered to any of the taglines :')

Wind's howling.

DerMeister

Alright, hide your kids, hide your wife, another week, another PushSquare Forums Weekend Quiz! This time hosted by the lowest of the low, your's truly, Me.

Every question has 1 point per answer, and as usual, use spoiler tags for your answers. Let's not waste time, because my browser could crash any moment. Let's Go!

1. Crash Bandicoot was one of PlayStation's early icons, but his name was originally quite different. What was his name in conception before he became the Bandicoot we know?

2. Naughty Dog gained fame in the 90's, but they've been around since the mid 80's. Name 3 pre-PS1 Naughty Dog games, one point each.

3. Fighting games always have the two main characters be rivals of sorts. Who are the two main rivals in the Guilty Gear series?

4. Metal Gear Solid gained fame with the PS1 game, but only two canonical entries have been completely exclusive to PlayStation consoles. Which canonical (i.e. No Metal Gear Acid) games are they? 1 point each.

5. The Tekken series has had quite the roster over the years, however, only four characters have appeared in all 7 games. Which are they? One point each.

6. Devil May Cry has become an iconic series in it's own right, but early in development it was originally meant to be a new entry in what series?

7. The Persona series uses the tarot arcana as a way of categorizing it's characters. One point each, name the characters of the Lovers Arcana from Persona 3 through 5 and their Persona. For bonus points, name their Ultimate Persona, one point each.

8. Metal Gear Solid 2 was highly anticipated when it was coming out, to the point where it's demo was included with another Kojima game. What game was this?

9. The Gran Turismo games are a simulated racing game series where the races are F1 esque cups. What is the last cup of the Professional League in Gran Turismo 3, and for a bonus point, how many races are in it?

10. Lastly, but not leastly, The PlayStation Underground samplers had demos of various PS1 games. One point each, name at least 5 that were in the very first issue, and name more for bonus points, one each.

Good Luck to everyone answering! My nomination for next week is @Rudy_Manchego

mookysam

1. Wendy the Wallaby. Or perhaps Katrina the Kangaroo.

2. Ooh tough one. My guess is they were totally crap and so no one remembers them.

3. Theresa May and a wheat farmer.

4. Portable Ops and Metal Gear Solid 4.

5. I still play drunken Tekken 3 regularly so bit of a guess. Heihachi, Yoshimitsu, Jack and King?

6. Resident Evil

7. Gosh I should know this. I can remember the characters at least.
Persona 3 = Yukari Takeba and her Persona is Io and later Isis.
Persona 4 = Rise Kujikawa and I think it's Himiko. I don't remember what her Ultimate Personas are.
Persona 5 = Ann Takamaki and her Persona is Carmen and then Hecate.

8. Zone of the Enders

9. The Mushroom Cup and 5 tracks. Maybe. Okay, probably not.

10. No clue. Was this a US specific magazine?

Fun quiz!

Switch FC: SW-7078-8737-1884

PSN: mookysam

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic