Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 20/21 season.

Posts 1 to 20 of 646

BearsEatBeets

Hello football fans,

this will be the forum for anyone who wishes to take part in a fantasy football league for the English Premier League. It will be using the Official Premier League site which can be found here.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

The deadline for getting your squad ready for the opening gameweek is Sept 12 at 11am (GMT). You can still enter a team after this time but you will miss out on the first rounds points. Keep an eye on the fixtures as 4 teams don't play the opening gameweek. I won't go over all the rules as the site does a good job of explaining and giving tips on getting a team set up.

Looking forward to playing against you this season!

EDIT:

This thread, like any thread, was set up to allow the Push Square Community with an interest in fantasy football to come together and discuss and have a banter about something they enjoy. We have had many people join the league who seem to have no interest in having any said discussion. In light of this I will be removing any teams who aren't looking to take part in the thread. No-one is expecting daily/weekly updates but the occasional input is point of this thread/league. I will give members until tonight to say if they are interested in participating and then remove any not bothered.

We still would love any members genuinely interested in taking part to drop a message and I will find the best way to give those people the code/ invite to join.

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

Celtic are here to show you sassanachs how real football’s played 😉

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett You start in the Unibond Nothern League. See you in the next 10 years!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

I think I’m probably going to end up using my wildcard even earlier than normal this season. Not having either Manchester team in the first game week really messed with my first selection.

BearsEatBeets

Gremio108

@BearsEatBeets Same here. Son is a placeholder for Fernandes. Find myself in the weird position of not wanting Son to do that well so I don't have a tricky choice next week

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

BearsEatBeets

@Gremio108 yeah Fernandes was huge for me last season, if he carries on in the same form this one he has to go in.

One game started and already have one player not playing. Aubameyang better not get himself another yellow.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah me too, I'm already a bit striker light and I didn't think Mitrovic wouldn't start.

Untitled

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I think there’s going to be a lot of people surprised Mitrovic didn’t start with how he did last season. This is why I always end up using my wildcard very early as it’s often tricky to know who are consistent starters for some teams.

Mitrovic has just come on as I’m typing.
@Arugula Looks like he is going to get you some big points so far. Probably the 3 bonus depending what else happens.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I probably wish he stays on the bench at this point, unless he scores or something.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Ceballos came on late for me so just the point. I remember late last season I had 2 Man City players not start but my first 2 subs were earning about 20 points. Then they both came on for the last 10 minutes of course.

Should be interesting now Aubameyang is classed as a midfielder, he will get an extra point for every goal this season.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Last season there was a Sheffield United player set as a defender but was a midfielder. This was an error with whoever set it up on the site. So whenever he scored or assisted he would get more points and also get a clean sheet bonus.

nessisonett

I may have made a crucial error by not actually checking if the Manchester teams were playing. Ah well, at least Zaha played well!

nessisonett

@Arugula Yeah, I honestly just assumed everyone would be playing this weekend. This is quite the bad start oh man, half my team aren’t even playing 😂

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett That sucks, you didn't read my opening post did you. Don't worry there's plenty of game weeks to go and I've seen plenty of people not join until the second or third week and still overtake first weekers. Keep an eye out for when they reschedule those 2 games as those teams will play twice that game week.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets I’m used to a tiny league with crap teams who play every week, what can I say?

BearsEatBeets

I think I'm taking out my defensive Liverpool players. Huge relief when the Alexander-Arnold own goal didn't count. Not off to a good start.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets At least Van Dijk scored!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.