2 Points
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

1 Point
BioShock Infinite
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Fable II
Ninja Gaiden II

@Th3solution My turn to tally, yeah?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

2 Points

Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night

1 Point

Bioshock Infinite
Sakura Wars
NieR Automata: Game Of The YoRHa Edition
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yessir, if you don’t mind planning on doing the tally, that would be awesome. I said 3 days so anticipate closing this section on around Wed. afternoon UK time. Do you think 3 days is too long? The majority of voters get the votes in within 24 hrs, but we typically have one or two trickle in on that 3rd day, so I’ve left it so we can give people time who are busy and can’t keep up with their pushsquaring daily.

Also, I mentioned this in the last grouping, but I am abstaining from voting so that I can serve as a tie breaker when/if we need it. So far we haven’t, but it’s been close a time or two. So if it boiled down to a tie for first or a tie for 8th resulting in more than 8 titles eligible to advance, then tag me so I can swoop in and vote. I have my favorites already in my head. (I was disappointed Gravity Rush didn’t get a single vote last section, as that was a fave of mine. Most of my other favorites advanced though.)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

mookysam

BioShock Infinite - 2 points

Fable II
Nier Automata Game of Yorha Edition
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches

@themcnoisy BioShock Infinite has a reversible cover. Apparently Ken Levine was unhappy that the vanilla cover was yet another guy with a gun, so they put the more artistic artwork on the back of the sleeve as a compromise.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Considering we had somebody voting mere minutes before I posted the results of the Nintendo round (which did indeed change the winners), I reckon you've found the perfect voting window duration. Gives everybody a chance, and some are more busy with the current situation, not less.

Will be ready for Wednesday. If there's any tie-breaking to be done, I'll let you know.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) ⭐⭐
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age [Edition of Light] (PlayStation 4)
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (Playstation 4)
Muramasa Rebirth (PS Vita)
Nioh 2 (Steelbook) (PlayStation 4)

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RR529

Muramasa Rebirth - 2 Points.
Sakura Wars - 1 Point.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - 1 Point.
Tales of Vesperia - 1 Point.
Nioh 2 - 1 Point.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @kyleforrester87 @Rudy_Manchego @ApostateMage @Jaz007 @Gremio108 @Genrou @JoeBlogs @KALofKRYPTON @AdamNovice @Kidfried @Octane @Thrillho @andreoni79 @BAMozzy @belmont @carlos82 @Cycologist @ellsworth004 @Gamer83 @JJ2 @leucocyte @LaJettatura @Tjuz

Voting for this phase is open for another 24-36 hrs.

The album we’re currently voting on is here:

https://ibb.co/album/ePHOtv

Simply pick your 5 favorites, with the most favorite on top, as it will get an extra point.

Take a minute and drop a vote if you can. Just two more subgroups after this one. Then we will have created a top 50 list of best box art for the recent generation console games. Then we’re just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the head-to-head of recent art vs. retro art.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JJ2

2pts
Monster Hunter World

1 pt
Battle Chasers Night War
Nier Automata
Dishonored The Brigmore Witches (is that a real box? Orherwise Portal 2)
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Th3solution

@JJ2

Which NieR Automata? The Game of the Yorha Edition or the Standard one?

JJ2

@Th3solution
Well I assumed if not mentioned it means standard 😀

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Th3solution

@JJ2
Makes sense! Thanks!
Oh and the Brigmore Witches Art is the cover art at the PlayStation Store for the DLC, so it is official.

Kidfried

2 points
Zone of the Enders

1 point
Bioshock Infinite
Sleeping Dogs
Sakura Wars

@Th3solution great categories every time, appreciate it

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Thanks, my friend.
And if you want to throw in one more into your 1 point category, you only have 4 total on your vote. It that’s intentional then that’s okay too.

leucocyte

2 Points
nier automata game of the year
1 Point
zone of the enders hd collection
portal 2
transistor
monster hunter world

leucocyte

Gremio108

@Th3solution
Nioh 2
Sleeping Dogs
BioShock Infinite
Hollow Knight
Minit

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

BAMozzy

Dragons Dogma PS3

Fable 2
Nioh 2
Monster Hunter World
Dishonoured: The Brigmore Witches

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Gamer83

2 points:
Muramasa Rebirth

1 point:
Dragon Quest XI
Ninja Gaiden 2
NieR Automata (standard edition)
Nioh 2 steelbook

Gamer83

RogerRoger

Nobody but the Boss should read the below! It could unduly influence outstanding votes!

Avert your gaze to pretty box art instead; s'why we're all here, after all.

@Th3solution Totally hypothetical question, no need to panic... but how do you prefer to be presented with your tie-breakers? Because we might be about to hit one. Hard.

Should I tell you which equal-score artworks are spilling over the cut-off point, letting you choose a victor from amongst them to proceed? Or do you just wanna submit a regular vote, with fingers crossed that it doesn't make anything worse? Obviously this won't be an issue until tomorrow, when you close the round, because anybody could change the order at the last minute (like last time). It's just that, based on voting patterns, I reckon we might have a bit of a jam.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I think I would rather just know where the log jam is, what the titles that are tied for inclusion are and then I select my favorites (or my least favorite to exclude) as the case may be. There was a time in an earlier round where my vote, had I done it, would have actually made things worse and created more ties. If I can simply just use the powers vested in me by the great McNoisy to levy my preferences as the final votes on the tied products, then it will keep things simpler. Another option I might do is let an extra game through if there is large tie. It may be easier to advance 9 or 10 titles instead of 8. My meticulous math won’t work out to get to the top 50 quite as cleanly, but that’s okay. I reserve the right to do what I feel is fairest. Worst case scenario, we have a public run-off of the group of titles in question. I’d like to avoid that because engagement is dwindling a slight bit and I want to keep us moving steadily to our goal. As such I think most people will be okay if I simply make and executive decision on who makes it in and who gets eliminated, based on my favorites
Sorry so long-winded! 😂

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.