Forums

Topic: PSBGOAT World Cup šŸ†

Posts 561 to 580 of 614

themcnoisy

Thanks for everyone joining in.

The Last of us (7) vs Tekken 3 (3)

Final Fantasy 7 (5) vs Zelda Ocarina of Time (5)

Anyone who joins in now will really rock the boat!!! The last of us Is coasting through but Zelda and Final Fantasy are in an epic battle.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

SteveButler2210

@themcnoisy: Gonna be a seriously close call!

From 16/08/15 Iā€™m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

themcnoisy

Final call before the result tomorrow

If it stays like this The Last of Us, Final Fantasy 7 and Zelda Ocarina of time will all be through to the next and final round with Unchartered 2, Sonic the Hedgehog and Metal Gear Solid - unless there is somebody to put a spanner in the works. You know you want to!!!

Edited on by themcnoisy

kyleforrester87

As long as we get a couple of PS titles in the final I'm happy. Will be annoying to see 2 Nintendo titles finish it off

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87: Ocarina of time is only the 4th best Zelda game (Snes, game boy and GameCube windwaker are my favourites - in that order) but its a beast of a game. What's good to see is sonic through. The oldest remaining game. Come on Sonic!!!

themcnoisy

Resul

The Last of us, Final Fantasy 7 and Zelda Ocarina of time are through and join unchartered 2, Sonic and Metal Gear Solid in the final..

Dalasaveeeee the championnns da da na Na (champions league theme tune)

themcnoisy

*** FINAL Push Square Best Game of All Time World Cup šŸ† FINAL ***

This final group is open until Sunday

Pick your top 3 games.
1st receives - 6 points
2nd receives - 3 points
3td receives - 1 point

If you only pick one game it will only receive 1 point, if you only pick 2 games the top game will receive 3 points and the second will receive 1 point. Hope that makes sense.

Unchartered 2 - PS3
Sonic the Hedgehog - Sega Megadrive / genesis
Zelda Ocarina of Time - N64
The Last of Us - PS4
Final Fantasy 7 - PS1
Metal Gear Solid - PS1

Group closes on Sunday and major bragging rights if any of your games have made it this far (mine have not).

kyleforrester87

FF7 (6)
MGS (3)
Uncharted 2 (1) - I've gotta say it could have been any of the remaining games but this just about has the edge, in that if I had OOT/LOU/Sonic and UC2 in front of me I'd play UC2 first, plus I'm kind of looking forward to the remaster.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

BAMozzy

Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 6pts (probably the greatest game of all time...
Uncharted 2 - 3 pts
The Last of Us - 1pt

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

My picks

Sonic the hedgehog - 6 points
Final Fantasy 7 - 3 points
Metal Gear Solid - 1 point

I could easily swap ff7 and sonic around, but sonic was so brilliant and It was such a big part of my childhood I have to give it the points. Ff7 is also a worthy winner. Metal gear solid was great - but I preferred mgs3 snake eater much more. Zelda would be 4th, the last of us is superb - but best game ever - no way, best storyline, emotion and voice acting - possibly. Best game - no way. Never played unchartered 2 and cant wait for the ND collection

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy: I loved Sonic 1 but if I'm honest, a combination of being born in 1987 meant I was perhaps just a year too young to really enjoy it, and I didn't get a Megadrive until Christmas 93 so playing on my Mastersystem and occasionally on MD at friends houses wasn't quite the same.

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87: Your spot on by the time you were 8 or 9 the game had been cloned in colouring and look left and right.

Up until sonic we had really static platformers most of the time with either no scrolling or left to right scrolling, no speed, grim art and poor sound. It opened up the genre and made everything look pedestrian in comparison.

SteveButler2210

@kyleforrester87: @themcnoisy: I guess I was lucky in that respect - even though I was born in 92, we couldn't afford the newer consoles, so I was brought up playing a handed down Mega Drive. As such, even though they should've been before my time, games like Sonic, Road Rash, Micro Machines etc were the main games of my early childhood! Wouldn't have had it any other way either, they were absolute gems.

Funnily enough I did things a bit backwards too, as my next console was the Master System!

From 16/08/15 Iā€™m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

themcnoisy

@SteveButler2210:

Square Best Game of All Time World Cup šŸ† FINAL ***

This final group is open until Sunday

Pick your top 3 games.
1st receives - 6 points
2nd receives - 3 points
3td receives - 1 point

If you only pick one game it will only receive 1 point, if you only pick 2 games the top game will receive 3 points and the second will receive 1 point. Hope that makes sense.

Unchartered 2 - PS3
Sonic the Hedgehog - Sega Megadrive / genesis
Zelda Ocarina of Time - N64
The Last of Us - PS4
Final Fantasy 7 - PS1
Metal Gear Solid - PS1

Group closes on Sunday and major bragging rights if any of your games have made it this far (mine have not).

(ive recently bought a mega drive and the best game I own is chiki chiki boys would buy more but I've bought 2 metal gear alchemist dvds and claymore, mgs ps4 preorder, ghost in the shell, Lego batman and driveclub dlc in the last 3 weeks so its now unplugged in my wardrobe)

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy: don't forget Mayhem in Monster Land on C64 though, I must have been playing that around the time Sonic came out on MD!

"The game featured effects not previously thought possible on eight-bit computers, and was the first C64 title to have a real feeling of speed, a "console-esque" feature the developers wanted."

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

AdamNovice

Metal Gear Solid 6pts
The Last of Us 3pts
Uncharted 2 1pt

AdamNovice

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.